Cowboys. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Cowboys.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Cowboys.

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Wed Dec 26, 2007 11:03 pm

I think the Cowboy's start the 1st stringers but end with backups. Whether they win or lose depends on if and how much they are up at half.
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby SniperShot » Mon Jan 14, 2008 6:54 pm

Jimboozie wrote:
SniperShot wrote:
Jimboozie wrote:Dallas' second stringers are gonna get smoked. Quit dreaming.
Mark my words... Wade Phillips will be making a very bad decision this week to bench starters and let the Skins waltz into the playoffs, a very bad decision indeed that will come back to bite him.

Dang how sweet that would be. :-)

Can I have some of what you've been drinking, please? :-b
You know I had to bump it. ;-)

The skins part didn't work out too well but limping into the playoffs in my opinion was the reason the Cowboys lost yesterday.

They have been on cruise control through pretty much all of December and I believe when it was time to kick it back into gear they struggled. Just a classic example of why clinching everything a month beforehand does more worse than good.
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)

Postby LoveBoatCaptain » Mon Jan 14, 2008 8:31 pm

Hmm... I think it was more of the Giants calling the right plays at the right times. The Cowboys looked like the 13-3 team of all season. It was the Giants who upped their game, not the other way around.
LoveBoatCaptain
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby SniperShot » Mon Jan 14, 2008 9:18 pm

LoveBoatCaptain wrote:Hmm... I think it was more of the Giants calling the right plays at the right times. The Cowboys looked like the 13-3 team of all season. It was the Giants who upped their game, not the other way around.
Possibly. But when you get the ball at the 48 yard line with your season on the line and 1:50 to go in the game, down by 4 at home, a 13-3 football team should definitely score. Giants played great but the Cowboys should NOT have lost that game.
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Mon Jan 14, 2008 11:03 pm

SniperShot wrote:You know I had to bump it. ;-)

The skins part didn't work out too well but limping into the playoffs in my opinion was the reason the Cowboys lost yesterday.

They have been on cruise control through pretty much all of December and I believe when it was time to kick it back into gear they struggled. Just a classic example of why clinching everything a month beforehand does more worse than good.

Agreed. I hate clinching early. Its like going into a cat fight after getting your claws cut off and even though you are well rested you lack the ammo to do any damage.

The mistakes were what cost us. Mistakes on offense making our drives much harder to complete. Mistakes on D making the Giants drive much easier to complete. Penalties, missed tackles, and dropped passes didn't help either. We had plenty of chances to walk away with this game pretty easily and couldn't do it.

The Giants came to play and were better today.

Oh and with 31 seconds left on the 23 yd line go for the first down not a TD. Plenty of time for some shorter out routes but instead we go for the TD 3 straight downs.
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Previous

Return to Football Talk