PLAYOFFS - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Seattle Seahawks

PLAYOFFS

Moderator: Football Moderators

PLAYOFFS

Postby Nfl Fan » Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:38 pm

:-D

So who would you rather us see in a week and a half? Do you care?

Washington? They control their destiny with a win.
Minnesota? Needs a win and Washington loss.
New Orleans? Needs a win and both the others to lose.

I'm a little stoked. Beat the Wild Card... win in GB...
and come home again because of the pending upset in Dallas! ;-)
Yo, Met... thanks for the sig! GO DUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This NEVER gets old and neither does THIS!!
Nfl Fan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: PLAYOFFS

Postby biju » Fri Dec 28, 2007 12:47 am

Personally I'd love to see Minnesota make it. I think they are far too one-dimensional (the run) for Holmgren to not exploit--kind of how Steve Smith was thoroughly contained back in 2005. Plus I'd like to see Hutchinson come back here and get a couple of false starts so he can be reminded of how stupid it was to sign with Minnesota.

Washington scares me just a little since they seem to have a ton of momentum. Worse would be the media hype surrounding an East Coast team who has rallied around a fallen team member.

New Orleans doesn't really trouble me since I highly doubt they make the playoffs. But their firepower could be trouble if they come out here.

As for GB: I like our chances, although I wish we didn't have to play at Lambeau. It's just tough to play out there in that weather, and Brett Favre will be tough to beat even if he's in a mini-slump (due to injury) right now. They'll be ready to play and have an extra week's rest.

I really wish the NFL would stop screwing with the Hawks schedule like this. Out to Carolina, back home and then back out to Atlanta is a little F'ed IMO. We could have just swtiched those games around and been out on the east coast for a week instead of all the flying...it's tough on those guys for sure.

:-t
biju
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Alkaholik » Fri Jan 04, 2008 2:49 pm

Blue Friday Baby!!!!! man i'm so stoked for tomorrow i can barely work....i'm rockin my Authentic Julian Peterson jersey right now...tomorrow will be close but the 12th man will be a big difference...wish i could be there for the game, for those who are, be LOUD and PROUD.

Collins is 4-0 with 5 tds and 0 ints......we need to put pressure him, hope trufant can lockup Moss deep and Grant will be able to contain cooley. i dont think portis will be too much of a problem, Peterson, Hill, Tatupu and bernard should contain him well.

GO HAWKS!!!!!!! THE 12TH MAN IS THE DIFFERENCE!!!
Alkaholik
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 22)

Postby Nfl Fan » Mon Jan 07, 2008 12:25 pm

Alkaholik wrote:Blue Friday Baby!!!!! man i'm so stoked for tomorrow i can barely work....i'm rockin my Authentic Julian Peterson jersey right now...tomorrow will be close but the 12th man will be a big difference...wish i could be there for the game, for those who are, be LOUD and PROUD.

Collins is 4-0 with 5 tds and 0 ints......we need to put pressure him, hope trufant can lockup Moss deep and Grant will be able to contain cooley. i dont think portis will be too much of a problem, Peterson, Hill, Tatupu and bernard should contain him well.

GO HAWKS!!!!!!! THE 12TH MAN IS THE DIFFERENCE!!!

We were, and we are!! What a game. ;-D

Now..
Two very possible NFC upsets this weekend and we come back home.

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nfl Fan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Alkaholik » Tue Jan 08, 2008 11:51 am

We need to stay strong 12th Man, hope our boys play well on the Road and get the job done then everyone pull for the Giants to upset Dallas.....Imagine a Win in Green Bay and a Dallas loss?????? Thats right, NFC CHAMPIONSHIP here at Qwest field, The Giants would not have a chance if we host the NFC Championship on our turf, either way its a longshot, but we need to take care of business in Green Bay first, i hope Holmgren is brewin up an ugly mix to throw at his old team before he possibly goes out after this year.

One big key we were talking about in the office today was that Green Bay lives off the Spread offense, aka 4 and 5 WR sets, and it works. The only reason it works is because teams cant get pressure with their front 3 or 4, but since we have one of the best up front pressure, if we can put pressure on Farve with our D-line when they are in 4 or 5 WR sets we can win this game. When they spread their WR's out like that they have no TE's to help block and half of the time no RB there to block either, this would be huge if we force them to stay 3wr or under in this game.

GO HAWKS!!!
Alkaholik
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 22)

Postby Nfl Fan » Tue Jan 08, 2008 2:04 pm

I think I need a Patrick Kearney jersey when we host New York! ;-D
Every Dallas fan I know wished they were playing Tampa........... :-°

GO 'HAWKS!!!!! (and go giants... for one week anyway). :-D

Nfl Fan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby biju » Wed Jan 09, 2008 5:24 pm

I'm sitting here at work and trying hard to do nothing, so I cooked up some numbers and found them rather interesting, although I'm not entirely sure they are relevant.

They are the D.J. Hackett effect on a game. Here they are:

Code: Select all
Stat                   With Hackett    Without Hackett
Passing yards          303             240.27
Rushing yards          111.6           96.27
Points scored          32              22.18
Point differential     9.2             6.55
Record                 4-2             7-4

Of course, these are averages...

It should be noted that one of those "losses" with Hackett was the Atlanta game, in which he didn't even have a very good game (and likely didn't play the entire time). I'm pretty sure if we actually played our starters in this one that stat would be 5-1. These numbers also didn't count the first game where he played about 4 minutes before being hurt.

Anyway, you can quickly see that his presence appears to lift our offense tremendously.

;-D
biju
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Return to Seattle Seahawks