Coach - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Detroit Lions

Coach

Moderator: Football Moderators

Coach

Postby latsprewell20002000 » Sun Dec 30, 2007 5:28 pm

Okay i have a few things that im seriously worried about concerning Marinelli. I now think that hes got to go too. I understand that this wont change anything and that it will be the same team next year and the next ten after that. I know that this team has drafted bad. I know this team has BIG concerns with talent. BUT when you have 12 men on the field. When you have players not playing hard. When you have holding calls on kickoffs. When you have holding plays on 3rd down that pushes you back to 3rd and 18. When you have drops the way we drop the ball. These things fall on the coach. Things are going backwards now and its embarrassing. This whole Tampa 2 thing CANT DO ANYTHING if you cant put pressure on the QB. NOTHING. The drafting has been so bad....I mean look at what P. Willis did this year. WHY cant we ever be on the receiving end of getting someone like him?? This team today couldnt even be competetive against a second string of guys. The effort is a joke. Highschool teams play harder than this. Im not joking. S Rogers has to go too. But he wont. Him and Marinelli will be back and they will blame this whole thing on Martz. I dont have too many problems with Martz. His problem was that he wasnt willing to change his ways with what he was given. He ran his same stuff with an offensive line that couldnt dream of doing its part for it to work. This is where we needed to run more. IF the line could protect the QB then maybe we could have thrown that often. Marinelli cant hide behind the fact that Martz refused to run the ball. Its his job to make sure that Martz is doing the right thing. He didnt do that. Marinelli was a d coach. The D finished last in the league. Marinelli needs to be held for more accountability than Mike Martz deserves. Everyone cried cause he didnt run the ball. WHO did they think that they were hiring???? EVERYONE knows what you get with Mike Martz. He isnt going to run the ball. Im also starting to think a little like Mooch about Calvin. I gave him a whole year now. He is still dropping the ball. Im tired of hearing about his vertical leap and his 40 speed. I think what we need is someone like Vick, or VY. A black QB thats faster than lightning. That way we wouldnt really need an O line. Oh well its time for another off season of the media telling us that we have hired the right guys, had a great draft, and idiotic QB predictions. I wonder why Orlovsky didnt get to play at all today. I mean what we are 32 games into the Kitna thing?? 10-22 or something like that. I mean the game was over why not give him a chance??? Kitna has never been good, and hes not ever going to be. He plays hard yeah, he wants to win yeah. He isnt a playmaker for lack of a better term. Hes always been the guy that is slightly better than the average backup and therefor landing starting spots. I think we are about in the same position we were in 5 years ago. We now need pretty much a new front 7, minus Sims. That reminds me of a fantasy of mine. To have Patrick Willis and Sims playing linebacker..... alright done with that. We need 2 O lineman, linebackers, secondary, QB, RB, special team guys, a coach, offensive coordinator, GM, Owner. Basically everything. I dont get it
latsprewell20002000
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Coach

Postby moochman » Sun Dec 30, 2007 8:05 pm

I think you need to give Marinelli more time. Afterall, he has been burdened with the pantload of talentless players that he still has to weed out. I honestly think, during my more charitable moments, that Coach Rod can get his message through to the team via his relentless, mind-numbing, simpleton, plan of building a team of hard working men who love to play football. He can coach 'em up to win...well, maybe just win as much as they lose.
Let's face it, Marinelli is a very limited coach. He hasn't got the experience, and thanks to the hiring of super-ego Martz he never gained any experience in coaching a team rather than just the D-line. So next year will be year one on how to be a head coach, unless he hires another OC to totally run the offense. Then he will fail for limiting himself, rather than for just not being good enough.

I do wish that someone would ask him why they are making the bone-headed plays they do, why is this coaching staff repeatedly surprised by the other teams game plan and play calling? Isnt' there any film on the Packers, Rod?

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)
Home Cafe: Football

Return to Detroit Lions