Hit the road, Jack! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Detroit Lions

Hit the road, Jack!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Hit the road, Jack!

Postby moochman » Sun Dec 30, 2007 8:43 pm

Here are my thoughts on who will not be back next year:
Locks to be gone:
Mike Martz-genius turns fall guy for supporting a QB that can't throw straight and who couldn't get the O-line to gel well enough to out-score the pathetic D.
Tatum Bell-always a bad idea to cop an attitude on a team that thrives on scapegoating, especially when you follow that with pouting and poor play.
False start Foster. Most memerable plays led to nick-name. `Nuff Said.
Kalimba Edwards. The film on you just expired, about five years after your usefulness did. Rod will hope people forget that you were his Rusher and think more of you as a flop inheirited from Mariucci.
Better than average chance to be gone:
Big Gaspie, AKA Big Fatty, Big Tubbo, Big Baby, Blind Melon Jelly Roll, or simply Shaun Rogers. Mr Rogers Neihboorhood will likely be located somewhere else next season. You just can embarrass yourself, you can embarrass your team, but you cannot embarrass your coach after he designated you as one of his men.
Damian Woody. Nice losing weight and then regaining a job as a tackle in your contract year. I think Woody will be leaving to sign with a team that has a clue.
Should be gone:
Roy Williams-No real reason not to trade him while he has value. His contract is due year after next and we already pay too much for Calvin. Lions probably too dumb to trade him and Roy may very well simply leave as a FA. Also see KJ should he still be playing pro football in two years.
Boss Bailey. Might have been who never was should be gone. No reason to keep him as he will want more than the min wages, and we have only one LB who should be paid more than the minimum.

Did I forget anybody?

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Hit the road, Jack!

Postby dream_017 » Sun Dec 30, 2007 10:26 pm

moochman wrote:Did I forget anybody?

Kitna? :-?
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 60)

Re: Hit the road, Jack!

Postby moochman » Mon Dec 31, 2007 1:56 am

dream_017 wrote:
moochman wrote:Did I forget anybody?

Kitna? :-?

After watching him this season I can only come to the conclusion that he is a loser. Martz will likely lose his job in no small part because of Kitna's inability to run his offense. He cannot hit receivers in stride and doesn't have the discipline to stay in the pocket to make plays. He stinks, he sucks, he's a Lion QB.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Return to Detroit Lions