Orange Box - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Video Games

Orange Box

Moderator: Football Moderators

Orange Box

Postby Dirt Bag » Sun Dec 30, 2007 10:15 pm

Anybody else get it? I got it a few days after release and have played the guts out of Portal and Team Fortress 2. Haven't even touched any of the Half Lifes yet :-B

Portal is AMAZING. Unlike any video game I have ever played. And even though it is quite short, the hours I put into it are probably the most fun I have ever had playing a video game. Ever.

Team Fortress 2 is awesome, as it was expected to be. If anybody else plays you should post your steam ID and maybe we could hook up for a game or two ;-D
Dirt Bag
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Orange Box

Postby bagobonez » Mon Dec 31, 2007 1:02 am

I will eventually get it, but not til I get my new computer. I have played Half Life 2 (my computer will barely run it on it's lowest settings) and so I'd rather wait to play episodes 1 and 2 on a computer that can really allow the game to shine.

Having said that, I'm an ooooooold school team fortress classic veteran. Haven't played TF2 yet, but i've been playing TFC for several years. My steam ID is "bagobonez" if you want to add me to your friends list. I'm sure I will be playing TF2 sometime in the next few months.
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby deluxe_247 » Wed Jan 02, 2008 5:41 pm

i got it from my GF for christmas but i havent even opened it yet. after playing COD4 nonstop since its release ive got backed up on games. assassins creed, mass effect, rock band, guitar hero 3 and orange box all stare me in the face every time i go to play. i decided to tackle assassins creed first since it seems to be the shortest of them all. orange box is something im excited to play...looks super fun, just have to knock out some of these other games first !+) :-b
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby avsfan4ever33 » Wed Jan 02, 2008 9:18 pm

I played it a few days before Christmas and then received it for Christmas, but I haven't played it again yet. I was only in the first game, so I haven't had a chance to check out Portal or TF2, but I've heard great things about them both.

Is there a large online community for TF2?
avsfan4ever33
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby scottaa1 » Wed Jan 02, 2008 9:38 pm

I DL'd this not long ago from steam, haven't hit it too hard yet but I'm almost done with HL2, almost done with Portal, entered epi's 1 and 2 briefly, and have tried TF2 only with a friend, but we've had some fun one on one sessions.

my ID is - brace yourself - scottaa1. the dude I know with it tried to add me as friend, and I him, but steam never quite worked right. Not too pleased with steam, but the games rock.
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)

Postby bagobonez » Wed Jan 02, 2008 10:31 pm

deluxe_247 wrote:i got it from my GF for christmas but i havent even opened it yet. after playing COD4 nonstop since its release ive got backed up on games. assassins creed, mass effect, rock band, guitar hero 3 and orange box all stare me in the face every time i go to play. i decided to tackle assassins creed first since it seems to be the shortest of them all. orange box is something im excited to play...looks super fun, just have to knock out some of these other games first !+) :-b

Good lord. And here I am about to be super geeked just to get a computer and COD4! You've already got (almost) every game on my wish list! Lucky...
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby deluxe_247 » Thu Jan 03, 2008 1:41 am

bagobonez wrote:
Good lord. And here I am about to be super geeked just to get a computer and COD4! You've already got (almost) every game on my wish list! Lucky...

yeah, its been an awesome year for gaming for sure..and i just happen to have a GF who spoils me :*) ;-) . she bought me orange box, rock band (the full setup) and assassins creed... and then my mom got me mass effect for christmas. the only ones that werent gifts were GH3 and COD4...kinda just lucked out !+) :-b

now if i could only find the time to play them :-b . COD is so addicting its hard to break free. :-B
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Free Bagel » Thu Jan 03, 2008 8:13 am

I'm in the same boat.

Orange Box is $40 for the 360 at Best Buy right now which is hard to pass up, but I'm still regularly playing Crack Effect, Halo 3, CoD4, GH3, Rock Band, and even Gears of War (still). Too....many.....games.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby Guru13 » Sat Jan 05, 2008 10:58 pm

I think I bought it the day it came out, certainly enough to occupy you for an extended amount of time. I struggle with Portal more than likely because when I play my video games I prefer not putting that much thought in to it. :-b
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 5)

Postby bagobonez » Sat Jan 05, 2008 11:55 pm

FantasyFutballGuru13 wrote:I think I bought it the day it came out, certainly enough to occupy you for an extended amount of time. I struggle with Portal more than likely because when I play my video games I prefer not putting that much thought in to it. :-b

I'm the same way. Games are supposed to be fun, not brain wracking. I understand the reward of solving a puzzle, but more often than not I Just want to have fun and not have to strain my brain too much. I use games to help me fight stress from the real world, so I don't usually care for games that just add more stress.
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Return to Video Games