The Official 2008 Grill-o-Meter thread - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

The Official 2008 Grill-o-Meter thread

Moderator: Football Moderators

The Official 2008 Grill-o-Meter thread

Postby treat24 » Mon Dec 31, 2007 5:33 pm

If you have wondered what the G-o-M is... it's your personal Grill-o-Meter. It keeps a running tally of meals you prepare on your grill. Several of us put it in our location. All are welcome to join in the fun!

My goal is to fire up the grill right at midnight so I can get the lead on Swipe, before he takes the lead for the entire year. :-b

My 2008 goal is 150 this year. In 2007 I did about 70 in 3 or so months... (only 3 in the last 2 months... MN winter and new house stuff hindered me, no excuse)

I'm gonna start tonight with some Johnsonville Brats, Nathan's Hot Dogs, and some Burgers for all that venture my way. I'll grill some before midnight I'm sure... but rest assured I will fire that bad boy up once the ball drops... or I may just pass out.

Who else is going for the silver/bronze? What is your personal grilling goal? Got any grilling stories or recipes for the group?

Happy grilling this year guys!
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Re: The Official 2008 Grill-o-Meter thread

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Mon Dec 31, 2007 5:40 pm

Hehe. Firing it up at midnight? You better call the fire dept and make a reservation. I am just gonna wait til tomorrow. The smoker and grill will be getting a workout.

Count me in for the 2008 Challenge.

Goal? Hmm. No idea, but it would have to be at least a repeat performance of this year. But I will say 350.

If I need to host the GOM spreadsheet for y'all to 'keep score' on, I can do it...Or if you need an updated one (2K8 ready), let me know.
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby treat24 » Mon Dec 31, 2007 5:47 pm

I think you should post an empty 2008 one. I love your GOM 4.1 though...
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Mon Dec 31, 2007 5:58 pm

treat24 wrote:I think you should post an empty 2008 one. I love your GOM 4.1 though...

You can always just click on the scrollbar in cell E1 and select 2008...But I can try to come up with a blank one and host it too. More than likely won't be until Jan 2 or 3 before that's done though..
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby knapplc » Mon Dec 31, 2007 6:02 pm

You created a spreadsheet for this, Swipe? I figured you just set a post in the ground near your grill and notched it every time you lit it up.

It'd have to be a thick post, though - you'd probably carve right through that thing after 200 or so grillin's.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby treat24 » Mon Dec 31, 2007 6:02 pm

SwiperNoSwiping wrote:
treat24 wrote:I think you should post an empty 2008 one. I love your GOM 4.1 though...

You can always just click on the scrollbar in cell E1 and select 2008...But I can try to come up with a blank one and host it too. More than likely won't be until Jan 2 or 3 before that's done though..

does "pivot" feed from the "menu"

if not I may just use your menu sheet and create my own extra sheets customized to my own grilling tendencies etc...
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Mon Dec 31, 2007 6:13 pm

The pivot tables pull off of the data on menu yes. Basically after adding a line item on menu, I go to the pivot tab and click refresh on the top table. That updates all pivot tables on the page.

Here's a stripped down one for you to play with Treat. I removed the temperature column since that wasn't ready to go yet, Removed the guest names that I had in the scroll bar, and all other line items except for the first one I kept in there as a sample.

The entree field is a "Y" or "N" depending on item grilled. I used "Y" for mostly the main item and "N" for sides, veggies etc. "N" wouldn't tally for the GOM number but the "Y" would. That's how it was set up on the tables at least. If "N" is used, keep the grill# the same as well. So a vegetable used for grill 1 would be the same number. The subtype column foods feed into the type. So if you select "Beef" only beef choices will appear in the scroll bar (Strip, Ribeye, Etc) not Broccoli, Corn, or things like that.
Last edited by SwiperNoSwiping on Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Postby Jimboozie » Mon Dec 31, 2007 6:25 pm

I just ate a whopper; put me down for G-O-M 1. :-D
Jimboozie Beginner
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby scottaa1 » Mon Dec 31, 2007 6:47 pm

[quote="SwiperNoSwiping"]

wow Swiper. I'm a pretty adept cook, very adept griller, and you made me feel inadequate. I resent that... yet I'm strangely attracted to you.
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Mon Dec 31, 2007 7:31 pm

scottaa1 wrote:
SwiperNoSwiping wrote:

wow Swiper. I'm a pretty adept cook, very adept griller, and you made me feel inadequate. I resent that... yet I'm strangely attracted to you.

I have that effect on people. :-b
Last edited by SwiperNoSwiping on Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Next

Return to General Talk