The Official 2008 Grill-o-Meter thread - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

The Official 2008 Grill-o-Meter thread

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: The Official 2008 Grill-o-Meter thread

Postby scottaa1 » Thu Oct 30, 2008 6:02 pm

knapplc wrote:
flotsamnjetsam wrote:I'm already halfway done doing that. Had the idea a while ago. So... :-?
So... I'm not doing it, then. :-D

Good idea, Flots. ;-)

Can't wait to see the finished product.

And my offer to help turn the raw data into something more manageable still stands.
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby knapplc » Thu Oct 30, 2008 9:57 pm

Vote of Confidence for Scott's indexing abilities. Very helpful, homey. ;-D
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Fri Oct 31, 2008 12:51 pm

knapplc wrote:Vote of Confidence for Scott's indexing abilities. Very helpful, homey. ;-D

I'll send it to Scott as soon as it's finished. ;-D

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 81)

Postby treat24 » Fri Dec 05, 2008 6:28 pm

100 baby
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby scottaa1 » Fri Dec 05, 2008 7:21 pm

treat24 wrote:100 baby

Gratz treat ;-D

As you posted that I literally was hauling the husk of a char-broil to the trash bin. The propane tank is over half full... can I just let that sit in the garage till spring?
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Sat Dec 06, 2008 10:29 am

scottaa1 wrote:
treat24 wrote:100 baby

Gratz treat ;-D

As you posted that I literally was hauling the husk of a char-broil to the trash bin. The propane tank is over half full... can I just let that sit in the garage till spring?

Propane safety tips for winter
Safe storage for your propane barbeque

For most of us winter means the end of the barbeque season. It also means taking time to prepare your gas grill for safe storage. It will take about an hour to clean your grill thoroughly, but some clean-up work now will make it much easier to start cooking outdoors again in the spring.

To get the job done you'll need warm, soapy water, a brass bristle brush, a soft cloth, toothpicks, sandpaper and the owner's manual for your grill.

1. Begin by turning over the briquettes so the greasy side faces the burner. Light the grill, close the lid and turn the burner to high for 15 minutes to burn the grease off the briquettes and cooking grids.
2. When the grill cools, remove the briquettes and grids. Use the brush and soapy water to remove any remaining grease from the grids, rinse and dry them. Then, set the briquettes and grids aside.
3. Turn the gas off at the cylinder. Follow instructions in your manual to unfasten the burner, slip the venturi tubes off the gas lines and remove the unit. Clean any dirt or grease on the unit using the soft cloth and warm water. Towel dry the unit and clear each gas port on the burner with a toothpick. Clean the venturi tubes with warm, soapy water and set the unit aside.
4. Cover the gas outlets under the grill with aluminum foil, and then clean any grease buildup inside and outside the grill housing using the brush and water. Rinse the grill and towel it dry. You can then remove the aluminum foil.
5. Examine the grill housing for paint chips or scrapes. Grills made of aluminum will not rust, but they can corrode if paint chips are not repaired. Sand the scraped or chipped paint until the metal is white and shiny. Apply primer and touchup paints designed for high heat to the sanded areas. When the paint is dry, reattach the burner, venturi tubes and igniter. Cover the gas line openings with a plastic bag over the ends to keep insects out. Put the briquettes and cooking grids back in place.
6. Check the condition of the propane cylinder. If it is dented or seriously rusted, replace it immediately. Stop any minor corrosion following the same procedures as with the grill housing.
7. Move the barbeque to its winter storage location. If the grill is stored outside, leave the propane cylinder in its normal position and cover the entire grill with a protective cover. If the grill is stored indoors, disconnect the cylinder and store it outdoors in an upright position, away from dryer or furnace vents, or children's play areas. Never store the cylinder in an enclosed space.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby treat24 » Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:23 am

I honestly don't know... I grill throughout the winter and it's below zero with wind chill most days. Never had an issue with the tank being outside even. I just throw my grill cover over it. :shrug:
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby Guru13 » Sun Dec 14, 2008 10:20 pm

Well I've stopped chalking 'em up for a long time now, but I killed a big doe yesterday and we grilled up one of the backstraps for dinner, it was heavenly. wrapped it in some tin foil with some butter, salt, pepper, onions and some mustard mixed with tabasco sauce, and slapped it on the grill. Really good stuff. ;-D

hopefully we'll have a snow day tomorrow (unlikely) and I can fry up myself a breakfast steak, but even if we don't get a snow day, I get out of school at 10:30-ish, and that's still brunchy time. :-L
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 4)

Postby Tyeattolah » Sun Dec 14, 2008 11:03 pm

FantasyFutballGuru13 wrote:Well I've stopped chalking 'em up for a long time now, but I killed a big doe yesterday and we grilled up one of the backstraps for dinner, it was heavenly. wrapped it in some tin foil with some butter, salt, pepper, onions and some mustard mixed with tabasco sauce, and slapped it on the grill. Really good stuff. ;-D

hopefully we'll have a snow day tomorrow (unlikely) and I can fry up myself a breakfast steak, but even if we don't get a snow day, I get out of school at 10:30-ish, and that's still brunchy time. :-L

Dude, nothing like a good venison steak! Where did you get the doe?
Tyeattolah
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Guru13 » Mon Dec 15, 2008 8:35 pm

Tyeattolah wrote:
FantasyFutballGuru13 wrote:Well I've stopped chalking 'em up for a long time now, but I killed a big doe yesterday and we grilled up one of the backstraps for dinner, it was heavenly. wrapped it in some tin foil with some butter, salt, pepper, onions and some mustard mixed with tabasco sauce, and slapped it on the grill. Really good stuff. ;-D

Dude, nothing like a good venison steak! Where did you get the doe?

Up near Elsberry, if you know where that is, it's actually just after a tiny town called Foley. North from St. Louis on Highway 79. Lotta deer out there usually, but something strange has happened to the herd lately, not the numbers we're used to seeing. Not even close.
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 4)

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk