The Official 2008 Grill-o-Meter thread - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

The Official 2008 Grill-o-Meter thread

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: The Official 2008 Grill-o-Meter thread

Postby Tyeattolah » Tue Dec 16, 2008 8:54 pm

Cool, haven't been deer unting in years. Have some friends that hunt over on the other side of Hannibal...I think its called Ina or something like that.

I do most of my bird hunting at Eldon Haslett SP near Lake Carlysle, IL. BIrds are shipped in but watching the dogs work is the best!
Tyeattolah
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Guru13 » Wed Dec 17, 2008 3:35 pm

Tyeattolah wrote:Cool, haven't been deer unting in years. Have some friends that hunt over on the other side of Hannibal...I think its called Ina or something like that.

I do most of my bird hunting at Eldon Haslett SP near Lake Carlysle, IL. BIrds are shipped in but watching the dogs work is the best!

I've never been over near Carlysle, but my parents go there each year for a couples golf tournament. I hear it's a real nice place, even if there's not much to do but play golf.
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby RedHopeful » Thu Dec 18, 2008 2:57 pm

Pretty impressive - some of you guys. Love grilling too - I shoot for once a week. My favorites so far have to be either a rotisserie chicken or leg of lamb. Can never get it to come out as well in an oven like a good grill.

Btw, for those who try to clean all that greasy mess every so often, what have you found to work the best?
2008 Killer Crossover League Champion
2009 Killer Crossover League Champion
RedHopeful
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Basketball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Fri Dec 19, 2008 12:46 pm

RedHopeful wrote:Btw, for those who try to clean all that greasy mess every so often, what have you found to work the best?

Spraying the grill with Pam before lighting seems to work pretty well. I believe my wife uses an ammonia/water solution to clean them if they do get a bit grimy.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby Metroid » Fri Dec 19, 2008 1:40 pm

Omaha Red Sox wrote:
RedHopeful wrote:Btw, for those who try to clean all that greasy mess every so often, what have you found to work the best?

Spraying the grill with Pam before lighting seems to work pretty well. I believe my wife uses an ammonia/water solution to clean them if they do get a bit grimy.

Simple Green. ;-D
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby 011472 » Wed Dec 31, 2008 8:00 pm

Getting my first entry in on the last day of the year! Grilled porterhouses for New Year's Eve dinner- 14 degrees F outside!
Head Coach
Head Coach

Matchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby scottaa1 » Thu Jan 01, 2009 10:30 am

treat24 wrote:My goal is to fire up the grill right at midnight so I can get the lead on Swipe, before he takes the lead for the entire year. :-b

Anyone grill last night/this morning? ;-) Not I... altho I did load up the crock pot with corned beef and cabbage last night ;-D
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)

Postby Metroid » Thu Jan 01, 2009 7:46 pm

scottaa1 wrote:
treat24 wrote:My goal is to fire up the grill right at midnight so I can get the lead on Swipe, before he takes the lead for the entire year. :-b

Anyone grill last night/this morning? ;-) Not I... altho I did load up the crock pot with corned beef and cabbage last night ;-D

No grilling for me...I still have to get me a grill. Love me some corned beef and cabbage though. ;-D
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby Tyeattolah » Fri Jan 02, 2009 10:16 am

I'm starting tonight...going to try to hit the 100 mark by end of year...could probably do a lot better but the business trips are killing me! Happy New Grilling Year guys and gals! ;-D
Tyeattolah
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby scottaa1 » Fri Jan 02, 2009 11:54 am

Tyeattolah wrote:Cool, haven't been deer hunting in years.

I prefer elk hunt.

But seriously, I still haven't replaced my grill. When I do, I'll post what I ended up getting in the new thread the knappster started. I suppose in the meantime I could grill over open flame in the fireplace. 8-o s'mores anyone?
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk