All 2007 Threads - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Flex-Factor Dynasty League

All 2007 Threads

Moderators: flotsamnjetsam, dream_017, Football Moderators

Re: Cut Down Date? (Discussion)

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Wed Sep 05, 2007 3:53 am

I made 4 drops for Matt to get him to 25. They all seemed obvious but can be reversed if Matt wanted any of these guys.

I dropped Tiki & Quarles because they both retired. Then I dropped Dorsey & Fason because they both got cut recently. :-? ;-D :-?

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby dream_017 » Wed Sep 05, 2007 5:01 am

flotsamnjetsam wrote:I made 4 drops for Matt to get him to 25. They all seemed obvious but can be reversed if Matt wanted any of these guys.

I dropped Tiki & Quarles because they both retired. Then I dropped Dorsey & Fason because they both got cut recently. :-? ;-D :-?

I see no issues with any of those moves. ;-D

I have made my cuts adn as of last night a few teams still need to make your cuts for us to switch the roster max from 30 to 25. Please try to get in sometime today so that we can complete the set-up tonight.

Bring on week 1 ;-D
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 59)

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Wed Sep 05, 2007 7:45 am

Giddy up. ;-D
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Thu Sep 06, 2007 5:49 am

:-)

flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

ILLEGAL LINEUPS!

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Fri Sep 14, 2007 2:19 am

Hey everyone. Jim pointed out that Swiper had an illegal lineup last week. I apologize if it's a little confusing on AOL, but all of us have to make sure that our lineup is legal each week. We start:

QB
QB/RB
RB
RB/WR
WR
WR/TE
TE
K
DL
DL/LB
LB
LB/DB
DB

Swiper had the right amount of players, but he started one extra WR and one too few IDP's. :,-( :-/

I adjusted the score on AOL per our penalty for having an illegal lineup.

illegal lineup penalty wrote:PENALTY FOR ILLEGAL LINEUPS
Drop the score of the highest QB or RB: If someone starts the correct amount of players (leaves the one spot blank), but the lineup is illegal because of the positions they started.

AND

Drop the scores of the 2 highest QB's or RB's: If someone doesn't leave that one spot blank and starts too many players.

This fell into the 1st category so I took 18.2 points away from Swiper for Edge (highest scoring QB or RB). I'm glad it didn't change the outcome of the game! :-°

I'm sending out a PM to everyone with a link to this thread. I'll do my best to check everyone before gametime so I can warn people if I see an illegal lineup, but I might not be able to do that every week. Make sure that your lineup is legal!! This means you RW! :-b Jim also pointed out that as of right now your week 2 lineup is illegal so make sure you fix it before Sunday! :-?

:-/ ;-D

flotsamnjetsam

Re: ILLEGAL LINEUPS!

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Fri Sep 14, 2007 7:59 am

First of all, this sucks.

Second of all, it still sucks.

It wouldn't let me enter the lineup I tried initially (apparently it was invalid) and it LET me enter that one. Why should I be penalized for that? Sorry that it wasn't valid, but it's not like I didn't try and was a replacement in this league. For entering different lineup 'combinations' that one working, I assumed it was right. I think that's a pretty valid assumption.

Next, would have been nice for someone to let me know prior to 5 days AFTER that it was wrong and I am being penalized. Would it have hurt Jim to let me know? Maybe he just now noticed..

I won't make the mistake again, but that's pretty shitty to dock your two replacement teams for not knowing better. It shouldn't have let me enter that lineup if it was wrong.

I lost anyways, but enforcing a penalty on me who didn't know any better... That's nice. :-t

I screwed up and it's no one elses job to babysit me and make sure my roster is right, but I don't agree with it in the least.
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby SniperShot » Fri Sep 14, 2007 9:02 am

This happened to me week 1 last year and it did change the outcome. I triple checked my lineup last week and almost thought it was illegal again when I saw that PM in my inbox... :-o :-o :-o
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Fri Sep 14, 2007 9:31 am

SniperShot wrote:This happened to me week 1 last year and it did change the outcome. I triple checked my lineup last week and almost thought it was illegal again when I saw that PM in my inbox... :-o :-o :-o

I would have been even more pissed if that happened. :-[

I am still ticked that even if it didn't cost me a game it cost me what could be tiebreakers, seeding, etc. All cuz silly me, AOL allowed it.
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Sat Sep 15, 2007 3:06 pm

SwiperNoSwiping wrote:
SniperShot wrote:This happened to me week 1 last year and it did change the outcome. I triple checked my lineup last week and almost thought it was illegal again when I saw that PM in my inbox... :-o :-o :-o

I would have been even more pissed if that happened. :-[

I am still ticked that even if it didn't cost me a game it cost me what could be tiebreakers, seeding, etc. All cuz silly me, AOL allowed it.

Sorry about that Swiper. We had the same issue with yahoo last year, in that the way we had to set it up allowed yahoo to accept an illegal lineup as legal. Last year we had to have 1 extra lineup position in place and everyone had to have 1 blank lineup position on offense to have a legal lineup. Plus yahoo lumping DL's & LB's into one category allowed an illegal IDP lineup to appear legal.

The flex positions make it impossible for AOL (or any other site) to recognize our exact starting requirements...because we don't have exact starting requirements. You only started 4 IDP's when we start 5. It let you because according to AOL we start 1-2 DL's (you did), 1-3 LB's (you did), & 1-2 DB's (you did). Same thing with the WR's. You started 3 which is allowed since we can start 1-3. Problem is that if you start 3 WR's you must start either 2 RB's & 1 QB or 2QB's & 1 RB. You started 2 of each which is allowed on AOL...if you start less than 3 WR's.

I'm sorry that it's a little confusing. It's just impossible for any site to support our starting requirements because of the various flex positions. Everyone just needs to know the starting requirements and make sure that their lineups are legal. I'll try my best to check lineups beforehand and PM anyone that has an illegal lineup. If anyone else sees someone with an illegal lineup, please PM the person to let them know. ;-D

:-/

flotsamnjetsam

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Sat Sep 15, 2007 5:17 pm

I don't care about the website you all selected for this league, since it's not the first year of existence. But, what I do care about is me being penalized because you forced your settings on AOL. The fact that you knew this happened last year only to force it on the second year only solidifies my point and your naivity to the situation.

It's bushleague and bullshit to penalize me for something you set up.

Blaming your actions on a website is chickenshit, and I have a HUGE problem with how you and boozie decided to handle this..

If I wanted a bullshit league, I'd have joined a yahoo league. If this is not satisfied correctly, I will be submitting an empty lineup, and forfeiting my team. I have no time for ignorance.
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

PreviousNext

Return to Flex-Factor Dynasty League