All 2007 Threads - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Flex-Factor Dynasty League

All 2007 Threads

Moderators: flotsamnjetsam, dream_017, Football Moderators

Re: ILLEGAL LINEUPS!

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Sat Sep 15, 2007 7:50 pm

SwiperNoSwiping wrote:I don't care about the website you all selected for this league, since it's not the first year of existence. But, what I do care about is me being penalized because you forced your settings on AOL. The fact that you knew this happened last year only to force it on the second year only solidifies my point and your naivity to the situation.

It's bushleague and bullshit to penalize me for something you set up.

Blaming your actions on a website is chickenshit, and I have a HUGE problem with how you and boozie decided to handle this..

If I wanted a bullshit league, I'd have joined a yahoo league. If this is not satisfied correctly, I will be submitting an empty lineup, and forfeiting my team. I have no time for ignorance.

While I totally disagree with the way that Swiper went about this, I do agree with his points. With 2 new owners in the league, I should've reminded everyone that AOL (like yahoo last year) will allow an illegal lineup to appear legal. That was my mistake and for that I do apologize. The same thing happened in week 1 last year to Sniper when I wrongly assumed that everyone knew our starting requirements. Unfortunately, with our unique starting requirements there isn't a host site out there that will allow an illegal lineup to ALWAYS show up as illegal. It's up to each owner to make sure that their lineup is legal. Just because AOL shows that you have a legal lineup...it still might be illegal.

I'm going to reverse the penalty for Swiper. NOT because of his threats. Because after thinking about it a while, I came to the conclusion that this situation is different from last year when Sniper was penalized. Last year Sniper was in the league from the beginning and knew that yahoo might allow an illegal lineup. Swiper wasn't aware of this and that's why I'm reversing the penalty.

I'm going to PM everyone right now and remind each owner of our starting requirements and also to let them know that AOL will allow an illegal lineup to appear legal.

Sorry for all the confusion and please feel free to post here or PM me if you have any objections to me reversing this penalty. ;-D

FNJ

Paul

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 78)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: ILLEGAL LINEUPS!

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Sat Sep 15, 2007 8:29 pm

I just noticed a few more problems that need to be addressed.

Swiper wasn't the only person that had an illegal lineup for week 1. Jim PMed me to let me know that Swiper had an illegal lineup. I assumed that Jim had checked all the lineups. For some reason he didn't. I just went back and checked everyone's week 1 lineups and found that RW & Alk also had illegal lineups in week 1. Now I don't know if Alk just made the same mistake Swiper made, but I really think that RW is MIA. RW started JaMarcus Russell and left Vince Young on the bench. He also started Anthony Thomas and left DeShaun Foster on the bench.

Also, Roy has 26 players so he needs to drop 1. RW has 24 players so he needs to add 1. Alk still has 29 players so he needs to drop 4. I'm going to PM these 3 guys now. What should we do if RW & Alk are MIA? :-?

flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

I just noticed...

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Sun Oct 28, 2007 10:29 pm

RW had an illegal lineup this week. :,-(

I'll PM RW and let him know. I'll access the penalty after the MNF game is over and the game is final. :-/

PS: I've been checking everyone's lineup each week following what happened in week 1. This was the 1st illegal lineup since then. Just wanted everyone to know this since I'm playing RW this week. I've been checking everyone, not just my opponents. ;-D

flotsamnjetsam

Re: I just noticed...

Postby SniperShot » Wed Nov 07, 2007 12:04 pm

I just noticed, my team is worse than horrible.

I wish I could blame my suckness on an illegal lineup. :-b

Now LJ goes down, and Brandon Jackson sure panned out nicely... ;-D ;-D

Looks like I'll be going to Tatum Bell as my #1 RB this week, oh yeah!
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Mon Nov 12, 2007 12:46 am

SniperShot wrote:I just noticed, my team is worse than horrible.

I wish I could blame my suckness on an illegal lineup. :-b

Now LJ goes down, and Brandon Jackson sure panned out nicely... ;-D ;-D

Looks like I'll be going to Tatum Bell as my #1 RB this week, oh yeah!

My team is pretty brutal as well. Not sure how I won 2 games. :-? :,-(

flotsamnjetsam

Postby Jimboozie » Tue Dec 04, 2007 1:51 am

Placeholder.

Can't believe I'm gonna lose to RW's team this week. What are the odds of bums like Josh McCown and Deshaun Foster having big games on the same week.
Jimboozie Beginner
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

2007 Playoffs

Postby dream_017 » Tue Dec 04, 2007 9:04 am

Based on our league settings/rules in this forum, the default for breaking ties is total points. Seeding for the playoffs is as follows:
1 - Rage Against the Spread (bye)
2 - Verbal Herman Munsters (bye)
3 - Watch-N-Learn
4 - Dream
5 - Lonesome Kickers
6 - Team 8
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 59)

Re: 2007 Playoffs

Postby Jimboozie » Sat Dec 08, 2007 1:17 pm

#1...sweet. Do you know if they the seedings are static like the NCAA tourney or reseed like the NHL playoffs?
Jimboozie Beginner
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Sun Dec 09, 2007 4:16 am

Congrats & good luck to all that made the playoffs. ;-D

flotsamnjetsam

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Sun Dec 09, 2007 7:07 pm

Jimboozie wrote:#1...sweet. Do you know if they the seedings are static like the NCAA tourney or reseed like the NHL playoffs?

Afraid of getting my team eh? Yeah, I don't blame ya. :-b
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Flex-Factor Dynasty League