Return to Football Talk

Walker to be traded?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Walker to be traded?

Postby m16a » Thu Jan 03, 2008 5:21 pm

eaglesfan wrote:I love to see him in Eagle green ;-D

:-L :-L Man o man would that be sweetness ;-D ;-D
Props to Deluxe for the sig
There is nothing more frightening than ignorance in action.
- Goethe
m16a

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby eaglesrule » Thu Jan 03, 2008 6:23 pm

Eagles need to pull the pats. Trade for Walker and #85, sign Dallas Clark, then trot out donovan, westbrook, walker, 85, with curtis in the slot, and brown/baskett in situational duty. That would be sweet, of course it won't happen.

I think Walker has the beginnings of the dreaded bad attitude. I forget the original details, so my memory could be wrong. But complaining about "outplaying" your contract are a little different when you are on your first one, as your contract is based upon where you were drafted, which you have no control over. That being said, I think he signed for longer than he had to as well.

I'd like to see him, but last thing I want to see is a guy with TOs attitude towards getting the ball without TOs talent. (Not that he is TO, but you know what I mean). Another WR, and a healthy Donovan could be something, as curtis was the only 1000 yard receiver not named TO in the Reid regime. And yes, some of it was padded, but that is something. Hope they tool up one more time, then go to Kolb.
The opening scene of the movie "Saving Private Ryan" is loosely based on games of dodgeball Brian Dawkins played in second grade.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Postby wbgrafix » Thu Jan 03, 2008 6:48 pm

lol. you can't get all those guys and not do anything with the defense.
wbgrafix
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Warpigs » Sat Jan 05, 2008 9:06 pm

He'll go to Miami, line up alongside Keyshawn and after a few games, wind up in the hot tub and Parcells' doghouse.
Warpigs
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerCafe Spotter
(Past Year: 3)

Postby eaglesrule » Sat Jan 05, 2008 9:29 pm

wbgrafix wrote:lol. you can't get all those guys and not do anything with the defense.

no, but the defense was underrated. on a ppg basis, it was the best defense in the division--a division that produced three playoff teams, and the favorite to make the super bowl. 4th in the NFC, 9th overall. I agree that the defense could use some tweaks, but at this point, getting something pyrotechnical on offense would be the priority, especially if the eagles could play with the lead considering their secondary and one-dimensional blitz/pass rush schemes.
The opening scene of the movie "Saving Private Ryan" is loosely based on games of dodgeball Brian Dawkins played in second grade.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Postby wbgrafix » Sun Jan 06, 2008 10:11 am

The Eagles need another cornerback, 1/2 safeties and a defensive end.

Tweaks won't fix the fact that Kearse robbed without a mask. The Eagles need a stud defensive end.
wbgrafix
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Sun Jan 06, 2008 11:15 am

The Eagles do need some help at WR but this isn't your guy. You can see he has an attitude much like TO but without the talent. Plus because of his contract he is virtually untradeable.

"Walker's contract will need to be addressed regardless. His salary-cap figure for 2008 is $7.05 million. But getting rid of him would accelerate prorated monies to the tune of $8 million, plus a significant penalty for not picking up part of the $5.4 million in bonuses he'll be owed in the coming months."

I can't see Denver making a move unless they go into full blown rebuilding mode. But then Marshall will be unhappy.

It is funny watching the Eagles fans drool over him though.
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby wbgrafix » Sun Jan 06, 2008 11:47 am

Personally, i'm not drooling over him. His attitude and his injuries do scare me. The only reason I bring him up is because the Eagles did have a legit interest in him on the day of the 2006 draft.

If the Eagles did bring him in, of course I would be happy. If they didn't, I wouldn't lose sleep over it if I knew they had an interest in someone else.
wbgrafix
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Sun Jan 06, 2008 11:58 am

wbgrafix wrote:

Personally, i'm not drooling over him. His attitude and his injuries do scare me. The only reason I bring him up is because the Eagles did have a legit interest in him on the day of the 2006 draft.

If the Eagles did bring him in, of course I would be happy. If they didn't, I wouldn't lose sleep over it if I knew they had an interest in someone else.

Thats just the way it looks. The thread starts as an article about JWalk sort of ranting about his situation but no real details and ended with about 6 Eagles fans saying they want to get him.

I didn't know you guys were that interested in him in the 06 draft. You definately need someone at WR though. I think Mcnads is a solid QB barring injuries. He only needs someone a little bit better than crappy to throw to. Javon is good but not elite. Even when he was in GB. Pinkston might be available again. :-D
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby wbgrafix » Sun Jan 06, 2008 12:24 pm

It will be like that every year in Philly until the team actually signs a "legit" go-to receiver.

Curtis isn't a #1, but the team sure paid him like one in the offseason.
wbgrafix
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk