Santana Moss heel injury weeks 3-10
Randle El hamstring off and on throughout the year
Carlos Rogers torn MCL missed more than half the season
4+ games blown in the 2nd half.
4 game losing streak.
Jason Campbell out in early December
Coaching problems, time out issues
Rocky Macintosh misses the last 3 weeks

Oh yeah, and Sean Taylor passes away... :,-( Our best defensive player, lost not only for a mere season, not only for mere football games, lost life. I swear for a moment there I saw him in Landry for those 2 INT's. I felt something happening, but it wasn't to be...

But people, we made the playoffs through it all. Redskins fans over on extremeskins calling for Joe Gibbs to be fired are screwed up in the head. This team might have done big things this year, but with how many injuries we had I think a playoff run through all of this was one heck of an accomplishment. 2007 sure brought some amazing moments, some amazingly tragic and sad, others amazingly memorable. Here's to a healthy and safe and kick@$$ 2008 I think the Skins have a strong team here for the future. I sure hope Gibbs signs the 2 year deal they are talking about.

K I had to say that even if only 2 other people read this forum these days.
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: No hard feelings here

Postby Gibbs Baby!!! » Sun Jan 06, 2008 1:14 pm

Well said, and i couldn't agree more.
"We couldn’t do diddley poo offensively, we couldn’t make a first down, we couldn’t run the ball, we didn’t try to run the ball, we couldn’t complete a pass - we sucked." ~ James Ernest Mora
Gibbs Baby!!!
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 415)

Postby ksinghas » Tue Jan 08, 2008 2:18 pm

I too am very suprised with how the season turned out with all the negative things that happened to our team. Gibbs did one heck of a job leading the team to the playoffs. He took the Buffalo loss personal andreally turned things around. I am disappointed that he will not be returning but in the same regard am glad he can move on at a decent time. I think the timing may have been near perfect (only perfect if he finished out the contract) due to the team's strong finish. I think promoting Williams to Head COach would be the wise move but as we all know, Snyder does not always operate like that. He did show that he was interested in the teams future by bringing back Gibbs in 4 years ago so maybe he will do the smart thing by promoting Williams. I think hiring Cowher is tempting but could have a negative effect on the team morale. We shall see what happens. Gibbs was a great leader and will definitely be missed!
ksinghas
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby SniperShot » Wed Jan 09, 2008 9:31 pm

Well so much for that 2 year deal. Gibbs you will be missed, :,-( you were one of the best coaches to ever pace the sidelines sir even if there were some trying moments in Part II.

:,-(
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)

Postby Gibbs_Wagon » Sun Apr 27, 2008 8:40 am

Well put Sniper. I really appreciate Gibbs coming back, his loyalty to the Skins, and doing his best to right the ship. I think it was fantastic that we made the playoffs despite all the issues listed. Sadly, I think we also learned that Gibbs wasn't quite the same coach that he was two decades ago. He couldn't do it all himself (which he recognized). I just wish we had a stronger/smarter/existent GM that could have helped put the team together a bit better for Gibbs.

I read on some Wash Post article that as Gibbs left the field in the last home game, he paused, and recognized the fans - something he rarely does. I was wondering at that point if Gibbs knew he wasn't coming back. Fare thee well Gibbs.
Gibbs_Wagon
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Matchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Return to Washington Redskins