a happy bowling story - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

a happy bowling story

Moderator: Football Moderators

a happy bowling story

Postby scottaa1 » Wed Jan 09, 2008 9:58 pm

Just got back from Wednesday Night Bowling League. Tonight was week 10, the first position night of the season (first place plays second, etc.) My team was playing the most hated team in the league. They've been a nemesis for years. Rude, always late, slow bowlers, they've had the audacity to take smoke breaks to the bar mid-game. And going into tonight, we were tied with them for first place.

Game one- we do ok, I'm six pins over average, not great but not bad. They however won by 28 pins.

Game two - we do better, and win by 15 pins. So we're game tied 1-1, with our opponents having +13 total pinfall to their advantage.

Game three - I'm REALLY stinking it up... I mean to the tune of I have a total of 68 in the 8th frame. I can't do anything right and it's really gotten to me and I'm very disappointed and just ready to get the night over with and go home and read the Cafe and try to forget about my evening. Plus I'd thrown enough bad balls to have the equivalent of Indian burn on my thumb. Going into the 9th, we were down 30+ pins with them having three strikes riding and it was looking like we'd get 2 out of 8 points for the night and the nemesis team would take a 6 point lead on us.

Ninth frame of the third game - lead-off bowler Beth closes with a spare. I'm more than ready to finish the game but take the usual time to focus my setup and I bowl the heretofore elusive strike. I figure too little, too late, and I'll probably waste it come the tenth anyways. Hilary follows with an open frame, and our fourth,Troy, closes with a spare.

Enter the tenth. We're down 30+ pins, and have to make up 13+1 to get total pinfall points. Beth, our lead off, throws a split and doesn't get a third ball. Enter me, depressed, and mostly wanting to go home. Coming in on a strike in the 9th, I figure if I can just keep the darn thing out of the gutter I"ll have done ok considering the game I was having. With nothing to lose, deep breath, clear mind, focused stance, and roll... Strike! Two in a row. As I step back for the other lane to bowl, one of the opposition's hot wives comes up behind me, wraps arms around and starts to rub and grind to throw me off. Opponent throws a split. Viva! My turn again. I do my usual wiggle foot on the dot I line up with, crouch into position, and release... Strike!! That's a Turkey!! And almost enough to take the heat off our final two bowlers. The hot wife again, grinding nicely but not distracting this piece of focused manhood. Time for the final ball: I take my set; drop into stance; and roll... Strike! Four in a row! My score had jumped from 68 in the 8th to 98 in the 9th to 128 in the 10th (still pretty low). But it was more than enough for us to pluck the game points and pinfall points from them, and instead of falling behind by 6 points in the league, we solidify our hold on first place by 6 points, and we send them packing.

My lesson learned: don't give up, especially when you're trying to $#@% a team you don't like.
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: a happy bowling story

Postby Metroid » Wed Jan 09, 2008 10:26 pm

Man you write a lot. :-b

Way to stick it to those douches and get you a turkey. In all my days of bowling I have never got a turkey. :,-(
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby Dawinner127 » Wed Jan 09, 2008 10:48 pm

Metroid wrote: In all my days of bowling I have never got a turkey. :,-(

I've always wanted a turkey. I can never get it. I always get 2 strikes then an 8, 9 or spare. :-°
A win next week and all is forgotten.
Dawinner127
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 70)

Postby beanoX3 » Wed Jan 09, 2008 10:49 pm

Did you steal the hot wife from the douche? :-B

Grats on winning dude. ;-D
The cake is a lie.
beanoX3
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Madison » Wed Jan 09, 2008 11:58 pm

Taking the other guy's hot wife for a ride right there in front of him would have stuck it to them worse... :-b

Congrats on winning the game and taking 6 though ;-D .

Oh, and I hate to do this, but as a bowler this stood out big time... you're only up 4 points on them. Tied going in right? You won 6, they won 2, so you're up 4. Not 6. ;-)

Or in other words, 9 weeks before tonight, so that's 72 points. Let's say each team is:

50-22
50-22

You guys won 6 and go to

56-24

They won 2 and go to

52-28

Standings

56-24 = you
52-28 = them

;-D

I am the Reaper of Men,
The Chaser of Souls,
The Weaver of Nightmares,
I am The Heart of Darkness.
I now, and ever will be,
The Purity of Evil.
Madison
Lord of Darkness
Lord of Darkness

ExecutiveMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberMatchup Meltdown ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby scottaa1 » Thu Jan 10, 2008 8:02 am

Madison wrote:Oh, and I hate to do this, but as a bowler this stood out big time... you're only up 4 points on them. Tied going in right? You won 6, they won 2, so you're up 4. Not 6. ;-)

Yes, you're absolutely right. My over-zealousness getting the better part of me. :-)
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)

Postby Madison » Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:22 am

scottaa1 wrote:
Madison wrote:Oh, and I hate to do this, but as a bowler this stood out big time... you're only up 4 points on them. Tied going in right? You won 6, they won 2, so you're up 4. Not 6. ;-)

Yes, you're absolutely right. My over-zealousness getting the better part of me. :-)

No worries at all. ;-D

So did you snag any pictures of the hot wife? Camera phone man, camera phone! :-b

I am the Reaper of Men,
The Chaser of Souls,
The Weaver of Nightmares,
I am The Heart of Darkness.
I now, and ever will be,
The Purity of Evil.
Madison
Lord of Darkness
Lord of Darkness

ExecutiveMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberMatchup Meltdown ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby joelamosobadiah » Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:27 pm

Nothing feels better than being the "good guys" and sticking it to the team that everybody hates. :-D
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Thu Jan 10, 2008 3:57 pm

Awesome job man. I recently have been getting more into bowling, it's a lot of fun.

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby SniperShot » Thu Jan 10, 2008 4:43 pm

As I sat here reading this, everything went to slow motion and I heard chariots of fire music going in the background...

Great story man sounds like your Wednesday was a little more exciting than mine!
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)

Next

Return to General Talk