a happy bowling story - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

a happy bowling story

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: a happy bowling story

Postby Dolfin99 » Thu Jan 10, 2008 5:07 pm

Did you grind on her when it was her turn? That would have thrown the team off a little. :-b
Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig.
Dolfin99

EditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby stomperrob » Fri Jan 11, 2008 9:51 pm

Whenever I see anything about bowling, I automatically think about...

:-b

Image Image Image
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)

Postby Tavish » Sat Jan 12, 2008 1:42 pm

My bowling story and this just has happened recently as well. I've really been struggling the last few weeks and have seen my average drop about 10 pins in each the leagues I bowl in. It hasn't been that I've been throwing a bad ball or anything, I have just been getting rotten carry. I kept getting more and more frustrated and it all finally peaked last Thursday.

Had I been bowling in a 9-pin NoTap game I would have shot two 300s. First game 2 strikes and 9 9-Counts for 194. Pretty much all of them were 10s or 7s, I would leave a solid 10 and adjust just to leave a solid 7. Good deal was I picked them all. Second game I started off with 6 straight 9-Counts and these were all over the place, I left every back row pin to go along with a couple extra 10s. Finally got a couple to carry, even then it was either a scout to clear the 10 or a 7 that would wobble down. Ended the 10th with 2 more solid 10s for a 192. The third game I finally figured out how to not leave a 9-Count, just leave a 4 to go along with the 10 or a 5 to compliment the 7. Ended up with 5 crazy pocket splits (converted 1), 3 more 9-Counts, a few junk balls and 1 strike for a wonderful 133.

After the 3rd game I went straight out to the parking lot which is next to a big open field and threw a perfect strike with my ball right down the lot into the field. I don't think I've ever been as aggravated with bowling as I was that night and losing a $200 ball was better than me punching out my car window. I had a great big smile the entire time I saw the ball bounce on a crack in the pavement. Plus it seems to have worked, bowling with my new ball this week I've shot 2-700s and a mid 600.
---..---
Tavish
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Madison » Sat Jan 12, 2008 1:55 pm

Tavish wrote:My bowling story and this just has happened recently as well. I've really been struggling the last few weeks and have seen my average drop about 10 pins in each the leagues I bowl in. It hasn't been that I've been throwing a bad ball or anything, I have just been getting rotten carry. I kept getting more and more frustrated and it all finally peaked last Thursday.

Had I been bowling in a 9-pin NoTap game I would have shot two 300s. First game 2 strikes and 9 9-Counts for 194. Pretty much all of them were 10s or 7s, I would leave a solid 10 and adjust just to leave a solid 7. Good deal was I picked them all. Second game I started off with 6 straight 9-Counts and these were all over the place, I left every back row pin to go along with a couple extra 10s. Finally got a couple to carry, even then it was either a scout to clear the 10 or a 7 that would wobble down. Ended the 10th with 2 more solid 10s for a 192. The third game I finally figured out how to not leave a 9-Count, just leave a 4 to go along with the 10 or a 5 to compliment the 7. Ended up with 5 crazy pocket splits (converted 1), 3 more 9-Counts, a few junk balls and 1 strike for a wonderful 133.

After the 3rd game I went straight out to the parking lot which is next to a big open field and threw a perfect strike with my ball right down the lot into the field. I don't think I've ever been as aggravated with bowling as I was that night and losing a $200 ball was better than me punching out my car window. I had a great big smile the entire time I saw the ball bounce on a crack in the pavement. Plus it seems to have worked, bowling with my new ball this week I've shot 2-700s and a mid 600.

If they ever drained the Weatherford Lake (close to Fort Worth, Texas), they'd find tons of bowling balls and even tons of entire bags of equipment. :-b

Glad to hear you're game is better. ;-D

What ball(s) did you buy? :-)

I'm still using an Angular One as my main weapon, with a Hammer Toxic and a pearl Jinx for backup, along with the Krypt Keeper plastic ball for spares.

I am the Reaper of Men,
The Chaser of Souls,
The Weaver of Nightmares,
I am The Heart of Darkness.
I now, and ever will be,
The Purity of Evil.
Madison
Lord of Darkness
Lord of Darkness

ExecutiveMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberMatchup Meltdown ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Tavish » Sat Jan 12, 2008 2:28 pm

Madison wrote:If they ever drained the Weatherford Lake (close to Fort Worth, Texas), they'd find tons of bowling balls and even tons of entire bags of equipment. :-b

I'm still using an Angular One as my main weapon, with a Hammer Toxic and a pearl Jinx for backup, along with the Krypt Keeper plastic ball for spares.

My new ball is one I actually bought awhile back but never got around to drilling it. It is a 300 Rival and with amount of oil that has been on the lanes recently it has been holding up real well. After chucking my No Mercy the only other normal ball I carry is my Rampage for drier lanes. I don't have anything as flashy as the Krypt Keeper for spares, I bought a bright orange house ball a long time ago and had it redrilled. :-D
---..---
Tavish
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Madison » Sat Jan 12, 2008 8:04 pm

Tavish wrote:
Madison wrote:If they ever drained the Weatherford Lake (close to Fort Worth, Texas), they'd find tons of bowling balls and even tons of entire bags of equipment. :-b

My new ball is one I actually bought awhile back but never got around to drilling it. It is a 300 Rival and with amount of oil that has been on the lanes recently it has been holding up real well. After chucking my No Mercy the only other normal ball I carry is my Rampage for drier lanes. I don't have anything as flashy as the Krypt Keeper for spares, I bought a bright orange house ball a long time ago and had it redrilled. :-D

I carried a Rampage for awhile when I was seeing a sport condition on a somewhat regular basis. Just too much hook on that thing for normal use for me. You use it on dry lanes? 8-o The orange swirl with white writing Rampage? There's no way I could keep that thing on the lanes if they were dry. Even drilling one straight up wouldn't do it. Too big of a rev rate for me.

Never tried the No Mercy line, as I know those will hook too much. I pretty well stick with pearlized equipment so it will get down the lane before going nuts. B-) Exception to that being the Toxic. Gotta have something just in case they run a 50 foot flat pattern. ;-)

I am the Reaper of Men,
The Chaser of Souls,
I now, and ever will be,
The Purity of Evil.
Madison
Lord of Darkness
Lord of Darkness

ExecutiveMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberMatchup Meltdown ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Tavish » Sat Jan 12, 2008 9:05 pm

Madison wrote:I carried a Rampage for awhile when I was seeing a sport condition on a somewhat regular basis. Just too much hook on that thing for normal use for me. You use it on dry lanes? 8-o The orange swirl with white writing Rampage? There's no way I could keep that thing on the lanes if they were dry. Even drilling one straight up wouldn't do it. Too big of a rev rate for me.

Never tried the No Mercy line, as I know those will hook too much. I pretty well stick with pearlized equipment so it will get down the lane before going nuts. B-) Exception to that being the Toxic. Gotta have something just in case they run a 50 foot flat pattern. ;-)

If you were having problems with the Rampage then I would definitely stay away from the No Mercy. :-D The No Mercy I usually play left of the 4th arrow and crank it out to the 6 board, the Rampage I play the 2nd arrow and roll it to around the 2 or 3 board. That is one reason I don't really like switching balls during the night, I just try to get a quick feel during practice only switch if there is a major problem.
---..---
Tavish
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Madison » Sun Jan 13, 2008 3:36 am

Tavish wrote:If you were having problems with the Rampage then I would definitely stay away from the No Mercy. :-D The No Mercy I usually play left of the 4th arrow and crank it out to the 6 board, the Rampage I play the 2nd arrow and roll it to around the 2 or 3 board. That is one reason I don't really like switching balls during the night, I just try to get a quick feel during practice only switch if there is a major problem.

Oh I know, the No Mercy line is definitely not for me :-b . Considered picking up a Black Widow Pearl, but I'm also considering retiring from the game for awhile, so I haven't bought anything recently. Time will tell though. B-)

I am the Reaper of Men,
The Chaser of Souls,
I now, and ever will be,
The Purity of Evil.
Madison
Lord of Darkness
Lord of Darkness

Postby scottaa1 » Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:13 pm

Tavish wrote:
After the 3rd game I went straight out to the parking lot which is next to a big open field and threw a perfect strike with my ball right down the lot into the field. I don't think I've ever been as aggravated with bowling as I was that night and losing a $200 ball was better than me punching out my car window.

I felt like doing that tonight. All three games way under average. Was throwing so badly I managed to tear the skin off the front of my thumb. Worse, we were playing the nemesis team. I guess the bright side is that we're now going to be in a 3-way tie for first instead of losing ground. Either way two :-t 's down for me tonight. The beer was good though :-D
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)

Previous

Return to General Talk