"Lynch" Tiger Woods? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

"Lynch" Tiger Woods?

Moderator: Football Moderators

"Lynch" Tiger Woods?

Postby GreatestShowOnEarth » Thu Jan 10, 2008 9:32 pm

Apparently Kelly Tilghman, announcer for the Golf Channel, thinks that the only way young golfers can catch up to Tiger Woods is to "lynch" him. (jokingly of course)

heres the scoop.
http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/sports_bianchi/2008/01/good-thing-tige.html
GreatestShowOnEarth
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Re: "Lynch" Tiger Woods?

Postby Metroid » Thu Jan 10, 2008 9:35 pm

8-o
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby Dolfin99 » Thu Jan 10, 2008 9:52 pm

Joke or not, that is ridiculous. When you say something, you think about it, so I am not buying it was a joke. That is just a cop out. She needs to be fired. PERIOD!!!!!!!!! :-t :-t :-t
Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig.
Dolfin99

EditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Sixxgunn » Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:38 pm

If he's man enough to let it go, we should too. It's not like it happened to me or you, so whatever. Woods is a man, and can take care of himself.
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby Dan Lambskin » Thu Jan 10, 2008 11:16 pm

i liken it to the Arthur Blank Michael Vick Fried Chicken deal...poor choice of words, but only because people will blow it way out of proportion...maybe i'm in the minority, but when i hear the word "lynch" i dont automaticaly associate it with black people
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re:

Postby SniperShot » Thu Jan 10, 2008 11:26 pm

Dan Lambskin wrote:i liken it to the Arthur Blank Michael Vick Fried Chicken deal...poor choice of words, but only because people will blow it way out of proportion...maybe i'm in the minority, but when i hear the word "lynch" i dont automaticaly associate it with black people
Same.

Al Sharpton is taking this thing WAY too far. Woods himself is totally fine with it, if he had a problem maybe Sharpton would be a little more justified but Sharpton says the Golf Channel can expect picketers outside "until" they fire Tilghman???? Are you kidding me... Watch the video clip, while it was a poor choice of words it was hardly meant to degrade or be racist against Woods, heck I read somewhere Tilghman and Woods are friends.

SHEESH back off of the chick for goodness sakes shes inexperienced in the broadcasting world and in my opinion has done a fine job so far, I've liked her coverage on that channel. I'm sure Sharpton was watching at the moment she made those comments... :-°
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)

Postby GreatestShowOnEarth » Fri Jan 11, 2008 1:29 am

horrible choice of words but you've got to look at intend. Woods and Tilghman are friends. She obviously didn't mean anything by it. I just think its funny to watch people freak out about this kind of stuff. Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton make me sick. :-{
GreatestShowOnEarth
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby WaCougMBS » Fri Jan 11, 2008 3:32 am

GreatestShowOnEarth wrote:horrible choice of words but you've got to look at intend. Woods and Tilghman are friends. She obviously didn't mean anything by it. I just think its funny to watch people freak out about this kind of stuff. Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton make me sick. :-{

Amen! Anyone that truly thinks she should be fired for anything stemming from this slip-up is sorely mistaken. There will be some Sharptons beating their chests for her removal - I only hope the Golf Channel doesn't sell her down the river for some overblown fervor. We all make mistakes and the person that COULD have been most offended does not care at all. If Tiger is over it, then we should be too imo.

Just my 2 cents...
Av/sig by deluxe_247
WaCougMBS

Radio PimpEditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby josebach » Fri Jan 11, 2008 7:51 am

Guys like Sharpton and Jesse Jackson love to focus on symtomatic and somewhat insignificant issues rather than tackle the big ones. I guess when you don't address the source of problems and just keep putting band aids on here and there, it's easier to retain your popularity.
josebach
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby scottaa1 » Fri Jan 11, 2008 9:36 am

GreatestShowOnEarth wrote:horrible choice of words but you've got to look at intent. Woods and Tilghman are friends. She obviously didn't mean anything by it. I just think its funny to watch people freak out about this kind of stuff. Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton make me sick. :-{

X2.
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)

Next

Return to General Talk