Burnout? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to Video Games

Burnout?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Burnout?

Postby sox 06 » Sat Jan 12, 2008 8:58 am

Anyone else play any of the Burnout games? I used to play the third one on my PS2 all the time and I got Revenge for my 360 for Christmas. I've played other racing games such as Project Gotham, Forza and Need for Speed and I think Burnout is easily the best of them all.
sox 06
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Eagle Eye
Posts: 3238
Joined: 22 Apr 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Boomtown

Re: Burnout?

Postby Madison » Wed Jan 16, 2008 11:04 am

I got Burnout Revenge for Christmas but haven't tried it out yet. Too busy. :-o The Gotham series has always been a favorite of mine, so Burnout has it's work cut out for it. Then again, I've heard nothing but good things about it, so maybe I should find some time soon to test it out. B-)

I see there's already a new one (out? coming?) called Burnout Paradise, so it seems I'm behind already. :*)
Image

I am the Reaper of Men,
The Chaser of Souls,
The Weaver of Nightmares,
I am The Heart of Darkness.
I now, and ever will be,
The Purity of Evil.
Madison
Lord of Darkness
Lord of Darkness

User avatar
ExecutiveMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberMatchup Meltdown ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 5979
Joined: 29 Apr 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Taking Souls...

Re: Burnout?

Postby sox 06 » Wed Jan 16, 2008 1:40 pm

Madison wrote:I got Burnout Revenge for Christmas but haven't tried it out yet. Too busy. :-o The Gotham series has always been a favorite of mine, so Burnout has it's work cut out for it. Then again, I've heard nothing but good things about it, so maybe I should find some time soon to test it out. B-)

I see there's already a new one (out? coming?) called Burnout Paradise, so it seems I'm behind already. :*)

You're in for a real treat because PGR and Burnout are completely different. You can go around corners at 200MPH in Burnout and you're encouraged to ram into things. It's a nice change from PGR. Paradise is coming out sometime this month I think and the demo seemed pretty good ;-D
sox 06
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Eagle Eye
Posts: 3238
Joined: 22 Apr 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Boomtown

Re: Burnout?

Postby Madison » Thu Jan 17, 2008 11:24 am

sox 06 wrote:You're in for a real treat because PGR and Burnout are completely different. You can go around corners at 200MPH in Burnout and you're encouraged to ram into things. It's a nice change from PGR. Paradise is coming out sometime this month I think and the demo seemed pretty good ;-D


Cool! :-B

One of my most favorite games ever was Destruction Derby for the original Playstation (part 2 stunk though). Been hoping for a new version of that for PS2 or 360, but to the best of my limited knowledge, there isn't a Destruction Derby type of game out there. So ramming cars and smashing into things sounds fun. :-D
Image

I am the Reaper of Men,
The Chaser of Souls,
The Weaver of Nightmares,
I am The Heart of Darkness.
I now, and ever will be,
The Purity of Evil.
Madison
Lord of Darkness
Lord of Darkness

User avatar
ExecutiveMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberMatchup Meltdown ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 5979
Joined: 29 Apr 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Taking Souls...

Re: Burnout?

Postby sox 06 » Thu Jan 17, 2008 3:09 pm

Madison wrote:
sox 06 wrote:You're in for a real treat because PGR and Burnout are completely different. You can go around corners at 200MPH in Burnout and you're encouraged to ram into things. It's a nice change from PGR. Paradise is coming out sometime this month I think and the demo seemed pretty good ;-D


Cool! :-B

One of my most favorite games ever was Destruction Derby for the original Playstation (part 2 stunk though). Been hoping for a new version of that for PS2 or 360, but to the best of my limited knowledge, there isn't a Destruction Derby type of game out there. So ramming cars and smashing into things sounds fun. :-D

I remember the days of Destruction Derby, that was just about the only game I ever played on my PS. Burnout is a very similar, but better.
sox 06
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Eagle Eye
Posts: 3238
Joined: 22 Apr 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Boomtown

Re: Burnout?

Postby Guru13 » Sat Jan 26, 2008 11:44 am

Buddy of mine has Paradise, it looks pretty sweet. I'd get it, but I need the money for Paintball.
Image
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Posts: 9206
Joined: 29 Nov 2004
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Burnout?

Postby Madison » Wed Feb 06, 2008 6:33 pm

<---- Still hasn't tried out Burnout Revenge he got for Christmas. :~(
Image

I am the Reaper of Men,
The Chaser of Souls,
The Weaver of Nightmares,
I am The Heart of Darkness.
I now, and ever will be,
The Purity of Evil.
Madison
Lord of Darkness
Lord of Darkness

User avatar
ExecutiveMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberMatchup Meltdown ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 5979
Joined: 29 Apr 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Taking Souls...


Return to Video Games

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 21:44 hours
(and 35 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact