Chad Johnson speaks about Cinci - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Chad Johnson speaks about Cinci

Moderator: Football Moderators

Chad Johnson speaks about Cinci

Postby JasonSeahorn » Sat Jan 12, 2008 11:08 am

Chad Johnson said on ESPN's Mike and Mike show Friday that he feels he was mistreated by the Bengals' organization last season.
"I was labeled selfish and a cancer, and it hurt," he said. "Fingers were pointed at me this year. If the team and the organization wants to further itself, I think you need to get rid of the problem. It hurt me. To do me that way and not to have my back. Things were said, and nobody came to my defense." That's pretty close to a trade demand. The situation between Johnson and the Bengals is set up to get ugly this offseason. Jan. 11 - 4:58 pm et
Source: Cincinnati Enquirer

from rotoworld. if the bengals made a trade what kind of thing would it be? their offense, even without chad, would still be pretty solid with housh, henry and kelly. chad for a great linebacker may make sense.

Thanks to deluxe_247 for sig, he is welcome to sail with the Captain too!

I will win all of the fantasy cafe games.....next year
JasonSeahorn
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Chad Johnson speaks about Cinci

Postby moochman » Sat Jan 12, 2008 11:38 am

First let's recap CJs quote: "I was labeled selfish, me, I, me, me, my, my." Doesn't sound that selfish to me. :-b

The Bungals have a huge problem. They didn't suck enough to dump the head coach who either isn't getting through to these guys anymore or simply has no answers. If CJ wants out, and it's hard to tell since he never really talks about his feelings, there is no way that they get equal value for him. The NFL is strange that way, you over-pay your early first round picks but won't trade a first round pick for a proven performer. Were I the Cowboys or Iggles I would be thinking very hard about what type of package I could put together to land CJ.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby Dawinner127 » Sat Jan 12, 2008 1:11 pm

The Jets need to get this guy. We need a playmaker and he is there. Go getta.
A win next week and all is forgotten.
Dawinner127
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 70)

Postby Munboy » Sat Jan 12, 2008 3:05 pm

Wow. Cincy is falling apart. All the off the field problems. Palmer blasting Lewis and saying a change is needed. CJ blasting the organization (possibly wanting a trade?)

Lewis has been slowly losing his team, maybe Palmer was right. Maybe it is time for a change?
Feel small yet?
Munboy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Canucks_Fantasy » Sun Jan 13, 2008 12:13 am

He would look good in any jersey haha...

You can make a case for any team in the league.

The Cowboys,Eagles,Dallas have already been mentioned. Any team in the leauge would take him if they could.

It would really suck for Cinncy if he did leave, he really opens up the field for Housh and Henry.
Canucks_Fantasy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby aaawall91 » Sun Jan 13, 2008 12:47 am

I would say Jets most likely, there has been talk for like a season about him going there.

I don't think Marvin is the problem. I love the guy, I just think he has got some bad breaks on players.
aaawall91
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 62)

Postby fantasizing » Sun Jan 13, 2008 2:03 am

Lewis needs to be fired. He's had many years to get a defense together and has failed miserably. The Bengals defense is their biggest weakness right now, and put way too much pressure on the offence this season to keep them in games. A worthlesss running game didnn't help the cause either. You could really see the frustration in Palmer, CHad, and most of the offence. CHANGE is 100% needed, but dumping Chad may not necessarily be the answer here.

They need the following:

1) New head coach
2) New defensive coordinator
3) YOUNG running running back studs who are game breakers, none of this bullcrap 2 yard rudi runs they've been getting the last 5 seasons.
fantasizing
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby wbgrafix » Sun Jan 13, 2008 12:19 pm

aaawall91 wrote:I would say Jets most likely, there has been talk for like a season about him going there.

I don't think Marvin is the problem. I love the guy, I just think he has got some bad breaks on players.

The Jets would have to up their offer if they put up the same package compared to an NFC team.
wbgrafix
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby sublimeandy » Sun Jan 13, 2008 2:08 pm

aaawall91 wrote:I would say Jets most likely, there has been talk for like a season about him going there.

do you think chad wants to go to the jets?! probably not. how about jacksonville, they are a good team and they could really use a #1.
sublimeandy
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby deerayfan072 » Sun Jan 13, 2008 3:37 pm

We could use him in Tampa. You guys need some Linebackers right? We have some young ones and a 1st rounder this year :-D
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Football Talk