Chad Johnson speaks about Cinci - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Chad Johnson speaks about Cinci

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Chad Johnson speaks about Cinci

Postby Dawinner127 » Sun Jan 13, 2008 5:30 pm

deerayfan072 wrote:We could use him in Tampa. You guys need some Linebackers right? We have some young ones and a 1st rounder this year :-D

Yeah, but we have the best Linebacker who is most likely going to be on the market ;-D Vilma is not going to be in a Jets uniform by the start of the '08 season.
A win next week and all is forgotten.
Dawinner127
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 70)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby bigGAME101 » Tue Jan 15, 2008 10:11 am

There have been two rumors circulating, one that Tampa is interested and, to a greater extent, one that Philly might be looking to make a deal for him. The cost? Probably an impact defensive player on the D-line or at LB and a second round pick. That second rounder could be pushed back to a third rounder if there are no suitors. At this point, it doesn't look like Chad will be in a Cincy uniform come next season.

Personally, I am inpired by a Chad to Philly trade. That would keep his fantasy value at par IMO. Plus in a west-coast system he could see more balls, which of course is what he wants.

Chad to Philly (latest rumor): http://news.cincinnati.com/apps/pbcs.dl ... 4/-1/CINCI

North Ancaster Astros - Crusaders Treasure Chest represent
bigGAME101
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby JasonSeahorn » Tue Jan 15, 2008 10:30 am

philly would be great....mcnabb would have another top target

Thanks to deluxe_247 for sig, he is welcome to sail with the Captain too!

I will win all of the fantasy cafe games.....next year
JasonSeahorn
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby moochman » Tue Jan 15, 2008 11:45 am

Chad to Phillie makes so much sense that it is going to hurt to see it not happen. He could revitalize the team just as TO did, but is more user friendly.
Should a trade to the Iggles happen McNabb, Westy, and the WRs stock will rise. Could Reggie Brown become a sleeper deep threat, ala Chris Henry? I love the possibilities.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby biju » Tue Jan 15, 2008 4:09 pm

With Deion Branch having torn his ACL and being hurt most of this last year, D.J. Hackett a free agent, Bobby Engram getting up there in age, and Nate Burleson seriously needing to restructure his contract, I would love to see Chad Johnson head out to Seattle.

Him, along with a LG, servicable TE, and a decent RB could get us to a Superbowl before we have to break up the band and re-visit the early 90s Seahawks.

But I doubt that will happen.
biju
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby LS2throwed » Tue Jan 15, 2008 7:22 pm

moochman wrote:First let's recap CJs quote: "I was labeled selfish, me, I, me, me, my, my." Doesn't sound that selfish to me. :-b

Ummm...the interview was about him, the questions asked were about him, how was he supposed to answer and not say things like "I" or "me", that be a little hard dont you think? And everything Chad said was right, they blasted him all year and no one stepped up and said anything to disprove them...remember when people in the media were grumbling about Mcnabb all year, what did Andy Reid do? He stepped up and said this is Donovans team, he is the starter, he isnt going anywhere...Not only that, Chad didnt even do any interviews for the remainder of the year, whats selfish about that? How many guys who are all about themselves dont want to have interviews, id say its the exact opposite

and if Cincy wants to get rid of him before they fire Marvin Lewis they are setting themselves up for failure...

as far as suitors, Dallas is in a good position with two first rd picks and they would likely give one up, but honestly if we go after a wr with a trade it would be Roy Williams 1st...He is unhappy in Detroit, wants to be traded as well, and he wants to play closer to home which he keeps hinting at, also he is younger then Chad, so I could see that being a better fit for Dallas and something they would be willing to do...

I could see Detroit part with Roy for the #22 pick and another player like Carpenter
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby aaawall91 » Wed Jan 16, 2008 7:04 am

Bengals name Zimmer
By GEOFF HOBSON
January 15, 2008

Updated: 6:40 p.m.

The scouting report on new Bengals defensive coordinator Mike Zimmer:

Fiery. Emotional. No nonsense.

Kevin Hardy, the former linebacker who came to Cincinnati in 2003 the year after he played for Zimmer in Dallas, said Monday night that players will know where they stand.

"He's the kind of guy that he'll show you exactly what he wants you to do," Hardy said. "And if you don't do it, he'll find somebody that will. He'll draw it up on the board and he's got which guy should make the tackle at what spot."

The Bengals made the move official Tuesday and tapped the former Cowboys and Falcons defensive coordinator in what looks to be a return to the 4-3 defense.

Also Tuesday, no word on the status of former receivers coach and Falcons offensive coordinator Hue Jackson with the club. The Bengals have received permission to talk to him, but since all the offensive coaches have signed contracts for '08 there may be no room unless another coach leaves.

Like Jackson, another NFL offensive coordinator who was Bengals quarterback Carson Palmer's offensive coordinator at USC came on the market Tuesday when Norm Chow was fired by the Titans. His name has been linked to the Bengals on at least one Internet site, ProFootballTalk.com, but Jackson's tight relationship with the Bengals receivers is also a huge draw.

Zimmer needs to bring a linebackers coach to fill Ricky Hunley's spot and it won't be his backers coach in Atlanta. Brian VanGorder, who coordinated the Georgia defense of Bengals David Pollack and Odell Thurman, is the now the coordinator at South Carolina.

Like the man who hired Zimmer, head coach Marvin Lewis, he arrives after spending seven years as a coordinator with one perennial playoff contender (Dallas), one year with another team (Atlanta), and winning a Super Bowl ring as a secondary coach with the 1995 Cowboys.

He's the third coordinator hired by Lewis in his six seasons and brings more experience in the role than Chuck Bresnahan (four years in Oakland) and rookie coordinator Leslie Frazier.

Zimmer is going to be introduced Wednesday at an 11 a.m. Paul Brown Stadium news conference.

"Mike has coordinated defenses at a high level in the NFL for a number of years," Lewis said in a press release. "This is obviously a very important hire for me and for our organization. I'm excited about utilizing Mike's ability to develop our young players and our defensive scheme."

Zimmer, 51, arrives with a steel-belted resume. In the past few seasons, he has turned down the Nebraska head coaching job before it was offered to Bill Callahan, the day after he got hired in Atlanta last year he interviewed for the Chargers' head job, and Bill Parcells retained him when he took the head job in Dallas in 2003.

Zimmer made his mark in Dallas during 13 seasons with the Cowboys, six in the secondary and seven as coordinator in a stretch the defense earned seven top 10 rankings and the No. 1 spot in 2003.

And one thing he's done that no Bengals defensive coordinator has done since Dick LeBeau in 1990 is coach a draft pick to the Pro Bowl.

Just this past season in Dallas, safety Roy Williams was named to his fifth Pro Bowl, and cornerback Terence Newman and linebacker DeMarcus Ware are in their second.

During Zimmer's one year in Atlanta this past season, the No. 29 defense not only suffered from the loss of quarterback Michael Vick, but it lost its two starting defensive tackles at the beginning of the season, played a rookie defensive end in Jamaal Anderson, and a rookie cornerback in Chris Houston.

Zimmer's charge is as daunting as it is simple: He has to raise the level of a defense that hasn't been above No. 27 in four of Lewis' previous five seasons.

Plus, the Bengals may very well not have returning two of their leading tacklers in right end Justin Smith and linebacker Landon Johnson, and they could end up starting a pair of two-year safeties.

It remains to be seen if Zimmer is going to bring along his own playbook, or if Lewis tries to graft some of the Bengals' current system on Zimmer's stuff.

But one thing seems almost definite. Zimmer is a 4-3 guy that reluctantly changed to a 3-4 under Parcells the last couple of years in Dallas.

Before joining the Cowboys, Zimmer coached 15 years in the college ranks at Missouri, Weber State and Washington State.

http://www.bengals.com/news/news.asp?story_id=6594
aaawall91
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 62)

Postby moochman » Wed Jan 16, 2008 11:16 am

LS2throwed wrote:
moochman wrote:First let's recap CJs quote: "I was labeled selfish, me, I, me, me, my, my." Doesn't sound that selfish to me. :-b

Ummm...the interview was about him, the questions asked were about him, how was he supposed to answer and not say things like "I" or "me", that be a little hard dont you think? And everything Chad said was right, they blasted him all year and no one stepped up and said anything to disprove them...remember when people in the media were grumbling about Mcnabb all year, what did Andy Reid do? He stepped up and said this is Donovans team, he is the starter, he isnt going anywhere...Not only that, Chad didnt even do any interviews for the remainder of the year, whats selfish about that? How many guys who are all about themselves dont want to have interviews, id say its the exact opposite

and if Cincy wants to get rid of him before they fire Marvin Lewis they are setting themselves up for failure...

as far as suitors, Dallas is in a good position with two first rd picks and they would likely give one up, but honestly if we go after a wr with a trade it would be Roy Williams 1st...He is unhappy in Detroit, wants to be traded as well, and he wants to play closer to home which he keeps hinting at, also he is younger then Chad, so I could see that being a better fit for Dallas and something they would be willing to do...

I could see Detroit part with Roy for the #22 pick and another player like Carpenter

It's not unusual for players to use the word we or even mention the teams struggles, but Chad only can talk of how he was mistreated. Heck he at least could have said "We didn't get off to the start we wanted and as the team continued to struggle there was a lot of frustration and some fingers were pointed in my direction" Or something like that. Just acknowlegde that there were other people in the lockerroom.
Whether Cincy should rid themselves of him is debatable as they have enough WR talent to survive his loss, but it is moot if they want to stay the course with Lewis. The Bengals should have been primed to make some serious runs but have instead imploded. Lewis has to go.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby JasonSeahorn » Wed Jan 16, 2008 4:32 pm

rotoworld had a blurb by marvin lewis saying they have no plans right now to trade chad johnson

Thanks to deluxe_247 for sig, he is welcome to sail with the Captain too!

I will win all of the fantasy cafe games.....next year
JasonSeahorn
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby steelerfan513 » Wed Jan 16, 2008 4:57 pm

JasonSeahorn wrote:rotoworld had a blurb by marvin lewis saying they have no plans right now to trade chad johnson

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/player ... FL&id=2544

Bengals coach Marvin Lewis said Wednesday that the team will not trade Chad Johnson during the offseason.

At the press conference to announce new defensive coordinator Mike Zimmer, Johnson's status with the team was the prevailing subject. "He felt he was unduly chastized, ridiculed, we defended him then," Lewis said. "He is a Cincinnati Bengal for quite a while." Johnson hasn't formally demanded a trade, but did hint at doing so in a Mike and Mike interview last week.

IMO, even if Chad is unhappy, which he may or may not be, the Bengals will not and were never considering trade him. The one reason Cincy definitely has a chance at competing in the AFC North next year is that they have a prolific passing offense, and although they have Houshmandzadeh and Henry, trading Chad would change their receiver depth from some of the best in the league to having good starters but nothing after that.
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Previous

Return to Football Talk