Pac Man Punches Woman at Strip Club - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Pac Man Punches Woman at Strip Club

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Pac Man Punches Woman at Strip Club

Postby Lofunzo » Wed Jan 16, 2008 1:13 am

scottaa1 wrote:It's ironic he left college a year early to go pro when clearly he's decided to turn con.

LMAO. If he ever steps on an NFL field again, Goodall is a fraud.
"There is no bad beer. Some are better than others."
Lofunzo
Head Coach
Head Coach

Baseball ModHockey Mod
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby stomperrob » Wed Jan 16, 2008 1:53 am

Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 177)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby moochman » Wed Jan 16, 2008 11:38 am

Timbathia wrote:You shouldnt hit women, but hitting a lawyer is fine with me.

Ten bucks says they knew who he was and goaded him into it for publicity and a chance to make cash suing him. He probably shouldnt be stoopid enough to fall for it though.

This lawyer was working on a divorce case involving Pacman, so just cause? :-b

This is why the league should get out of the off field morality business. We have the law to take care of these guys, the league can simply state the levels of fines, suspensions, and counceling for convictions on various nefarious behavoir and let it go at that. Goofballs like Pacman will selfdistruct but we can still get the entertainment of watching them play before they hit bottom. Heck they might even find themselves turning their life around.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby eaglesrule » Wed Jan 16, 2008 3:04 pm

moochman wrote:
Timbathia wrote:You shouldnt hit women, but hitting a lawyer is fine with me.

Ten bucks says they knew who he was and goaded him into it for publicity and a chance to make cash suing him. He probably shouldnt be stoopid enough to fall for it though.

This lawyer was working on a divorce case involving Pacman, so just cause? :-b

This is why the league should get out of the off field morality business. We have the law to take care of these guys, the league can simply state the levels of fines, suspensions, and counceling for convictions on various nefarious behavoir and let it go at that. Goofballs like Pacman will selfdistruct but we can still get the entertainment of watching them play before they hit bottom. Heck they might even find themselves turning their life around.

Well most anyone can be fired for "out of the office" stuff if its that bad, or in the opinion of your superiors. I don't agree that leagues should just become amoral in their dealings (or MORE amoral). Besides, obeying the law is the lowest common denominator of ethical behavior. Aside from immoral laws, simply obeying the law isn't something to be commended, its expected. when you are on the other side of that, and seriously on the other side of it, society (of which your employer is a part of) has every right to issue sanctions.
The opening scene of the movie "Saving Private Ryan" is loosely based on games of dodgeball Brian Dawkins played in second grade.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Postby knapplc » Wed Jan 16, 2008 3:25 pm

eaglesrule wrote:
moochman wrote:This is why the league should get out of the off field morality business. We have the law to take care of these guys, the league can simply state the levels of fines, suspensions, and counceling for convictions on various nefarious behavoir and let it go at that. Goofballs like Pacman will selfdistruct but we can still get the entertainment of watching them play before they hit bottom. Heck they might even find themselves turning their life around.

Well most anyone can be fired for "out of the office" stuff if its that bad, or in the opinion of your superiors. I don't agree that leagues should just become amoral in their dealings (or MORE amoral). Besides, obeying the law is the lowest common denominator of ethical behavior. Aside from immoral laws, simply obeying the law isn't something to be commended, its expected. when you are on the other side of that, and seriously on the other side of it, society (of which your employer is a part of) has every right to issue sanctions.

You're exactly right, eagles. Employers terminate employees for non-work-related stuff all the time. I have seen literally dozens of cases where grunt workers on up to upper management have been fired for this kind of stuff. I see no reason why some NFL player should be treated differently than anyone else.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby eaglesrule » Wed Jan 16, 2008 4:31 pm

Yea, people don't really realize how easy it is to be let go unless you are union or have a real contract. I definitely know of a handful of guys who got busted hitting their wives and were let go. Same goes for drug use (not on the job, and some would say, sometimes helps the job--writers), DUI (where the person didn't drive for a living and had access to public transportation to get to work anyway, you name it.
The opening scene of the movie "Saving Private Ryan" is loosely based on games of dodgeball Brian Dawkins played in second grade.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Postby stomperrob » Wed Jan 16, 2008 5:30 pm

The NFL has decided it doesn't want to be identified with the thug/gangsta image that gave the NBA a black eye and tarnished its image. As an employer, that's the route they have chosen to take - those who disagree with these terms of employment and find them too onerous to have to suffer for mere millions a year are free to choose another league such as the Arena League or the CFL or anothr line of work entirely. One would be hard-pressed to make a case that the NFL is holding its employees to an unreasonably high standard of conduct.
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 177)

Postby eaglesfan » Wed Jan 16, 2008 6:11 pm

I wonder how much she got

Pacman Jones-DB-Titans Jan. 16 - 6:01 pm et

A woman who accused Pacman Jones of assault and battery in Las Vegas has dropped her claim.

The woman withdrew a complaint that Jones sucker punched her at a strip club on January 3. This is good news, but the NFL had told Pacman to stay away from strip joints entirely after his alleged involvement in a 2007 shooting.
Source: Nashville City Paper
10 Team, H2H, PPR
Lineup:
E. Manning - T. Romo
W. Welker - R. Cobb - H. Nicks
M. Forte - D. Sproles - CJ Spiller - S. Ridley
J. Finley - K. Rudolph
M. Bryant
Arizona - Green Bay
eaglesfan
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby moochman » Fri Jan 18, 2008 1:18 am

knapplc wrote:
eaglesrule wrote:
moochman wrote:This is why the league should get out of the off field morality business. We have the law to take care of these guys, the league can simply state the levels of fines, suspensions, and counceling for convictions on various nefarious behavoir and let it go at that. Goofballs like Pacman will selfdistruct but we can still get the entertainment of watching them play before they hit bottom. Heck they might even find themselves turning their life around.

You're exactly right, eagles. Employers terminate employees for non-work-related stuff all the time. I have seen literally dozens of cases where grunt workers on up to upper management have been fired for this kind of stuff. I see no reason why some NFL player should be treated differently than anyone else.

The NFL, like other pro sports, have nothing in common with everyday work. There are anti-trust laws that allow for employees to be subjected to treatment that ordinary grunts are not. My issue isn't with players owning up to being a professional, because for the most part I don't care about their personal lives-just play hard. My issue is with the league deciding to act as judge and jury over legal off-field issues that we already have the law to mete out punishment. And one of the reasons is that Goodell's moral goons are punishing players prior to them being found as guilty. The Vick case was a perfect examply of how the league should deal with it. The law busted him and he is serving time. The league need not do a thing. We have laws. The other issue I have with the league trying to be moral police is where are lines drawn and are they fair for all? For example, we see that according to Goodell the punishment is much more severe if your behavior tarnishes the image of the league than if your behavior tarnishes the credibility of the games. Seems backwards to me. Just seems like opening Pandora's box it ought be left for others more qualified to open.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby Lofunzo » Fri Jan 18, 2008 1:50 am

Whatever happened to going to a strip club and then punching your monkey?? :-°
"There is no bad beer. Some are better than others."
Lofunzo
Head Coach
Head Coach

Baseball ModHockey Mod
Home Cafe: Baseball

PreviousNext