Pryor keeps 'em guessing! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to College Football

Pryor keeps 'em guessing!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Pryor keeps 'em guessing!

Postby jayday » Thu Feb 07, 2008 10:05 am

Geez. Just pick somewhere.

He will in all likelihood be a great player regardless of where he goes, but too much of this ledge-sitting is going on as if whoever doesn't get him will fall into a 4-year slump...
jayday
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Thu Feb 07, 2008 10:14 am

jayday wrote:Geez. Just pick somewhere.

He will in all likelihood be a great player regardless of where he goes, but too much of this ledge-sitting is going on as if whoever doesn't get him will fall into a 4-year slump...

I agree. Big time programs like OSU, Michigan, and PSU, aren't going to be horrible just because they don't get one player.

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Metroid » Thu Feb 07, 2008 10:33 am

Nfl Fan wrote:
deerayfan072 wrote:
Nfl Fan wrote:I know you kinda dig the place... but dude, it blows! :-P :-b

Now Autzen and their locker rooms/workout facilities; that's another story. And they have the best fans! :-D

Didn't that article I shared say you guys are getting new facilities? :-?

They haven't even broke ground yet. Not sure when it'd be completed. Met?

Like how long would it take? Well this is quite a project, much bigger than the new courthouse in downtown Eugene which I believe took close to 2 years. I can't imagine a project like a 2 million dollar sports arena would take less than 3-4 years. I could be wrong, maybe it could be completed in a couple years.
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby Metroid » Thu Feb 07, 2008 10:45 am

I found an article that had a projected start/completion date.

...Construction for the new arena is scheduled to begin in the summer of 2008 with the opening date slated for the fall of 2010.

so looks like it should only take a couple years. Check the Oregon thread if you wanna see what it's gonna look like. ;-D
Metroid

Postby stomperrob » Sat Feb 09, 2008 1:49 pm

NATIONAL COLUMNIST: If Pryor chooses Oregon, it will be another blow for the Big Ten
February 9, 2008
By Teddy Greenstein
Chicago Tribune

CHICAGO — Those who know him best describe Terrelle Pryor as a teenager who likes to please everyone.

“Terrelle could run for governor,” his high school coach, Ray Reitz, told ESPN.com. “He can’t tell anyone no.”

But by postponing his college selection, the nation’s top-ranked football recruit is pleasing no one — except perhaps his father Craig, who wants him to take a longer look at Penn State, and coaches at Oregon, which is back in his final four.

The other two are Michigan and Ohio State. The Buckeyes long have been considered the favorite to land the 6-foot-5-inch, 225-pound dual-threat quarterback.

Pryor said he simply needs more time to decide. After leading Jeannette (Pa.) High School to a state title, his basketball season began three days later.

“I’d like to be fair to all the coaches recruiting me,” he said. “The programs are not giving me a deadline. The coaches are all saying they have an open spot and will wait as long as possible.”

Under NCAA rules, Pryor could wait until April 1 to sign. That would make it tough for a school such as Michigan, which will install Rich Rodriguez’s spread-option offense in spring ball.

If Pryor chooses Michigan, he likely would start as a freshman.

Oregon also runs Pryor’s favored spread option and needs to replace star quarterback Dennis Dixon.

“I think it would be a better fit for Michigan or Oregon in terms of familiarity,” Reitz told CSTV. “But Ohio State and Penn State, how can you argue with (Jim) Tressel and (Joe) Paterno? . . . He could become a drop-back passer and be just as good as anybody who has played that position. Nothing is going to retard his growth.”

If Pryor chooses Oregon, it will be another blow for the Big Ten, which is stinging from recent poor performances in BCS bowl games. Pryor would be the most highly rated recruit to enroll at a Big Ten school since Purdue signed Jeff George in 1986.

“Penn State, Michigan and Ohio State do not want him to take a visit to Oregon,” ESPNU analyst Tom Luginbill said. “Because if he gets to Eugene, with Nike and the offense and (coordinator) Chip Kelly and the second-to-none facilities, that could cause a problem for the Big Ten.”

CSTV’s Tom Lemming, like many analysts, believes Pryor was close to selecting Ohio State. But Pryor’s father has bonded with Penn State defensive coordinator Tom Bradley.

Craig Pryor told the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review: “I gave (Terrelle) my choice, and he gave me his. They weren’t the same. But it’s his decision.”

Craig Pryor would say only that his choice was not Ohio State.

As for Terrelle’s choice?

The only one he has made thus far is to wait.

Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)

Postby stomperrob » Thu Feb 14, 2008 11:19 pm

Tuesday, February 12, 2008
Ex-recruiter: Pryor's delay could be bad for Ohio State
The Detroit News

They're getting nervous in Columbus.

It has been almost a week since Terrelle Pryor's news conference, in which he said he had nothing to say yet about his college football career. That might not be a good thing for the Buckeyes.

Pryor, a quarterback from Jeannette, Pa., and the nation's top-rated high school player according to rivals.com, is considering Ohio State, Michigan, Penn State and Oregon. Last Wednesday, the first day of the national signing period, Pryor said he planned to delay his decision so he could make official visits to Penn State and Oregon.

Bill Conley, a recruiting analyst for ESPN.com and former OSU recruiter, told the Columbus Dispatch that Pryor's delay does not bode well for the Buckeyes. Many analysts believed Pryor was leaning toward the Buckeyes.

"I think every day that Terrelle Pryor doesn't commit to Ohio State is not good," Conley told the Dispatch. "Because when you're the front-runner as Ohio State apparently was and the kid doesn't sign on signing day, other influences start coming in and you don't know what's going to happen.

"But I always used this tactic with kids who had second thoughts: 'Go back and remember why you picked Ohio State in the first place.' Usually they end up back with you. The kids mature enough to come to that conclusion are the ones you want."

Pryor's basketball team is in the Western Pennsylvania Interscholastic Athletic League tournament. The team is scheduled to play Wednesday, and if Jeannette wins, it advances to the next round either Friday or Saturday. That limits his travel schedule.

Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Charlie Batch, who has served as a mentor to Pryor during the recruiting process, told the Dispatch that Pryor's basketball schedule is preventing him from visiting Oregon or Penn State.

Pryor already has made official visits to Ohio State and Michigan.
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)

Postby Metroid » Mon Feb 18, 2008 6:45 pm

http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/co ... CID=775796

February 18, 2008

For quarterback Terrelle Pryor, Rivals.com's No. 1 player in the recruiting class of 2008, the last 11 days have been somewhat peaceful.

On Feb. 6, National Signing Day, he announced that he wouldn't be signing a Letter of Intent that day - unlike thousands of other high school football players.

Terrelle Pryor has talked to coaches from Penn State, Michigan, Ohio State and Oregon since Signing Day.
However, the 6-foot-5, 235-pounder from Jeanette, Pa., knows he'll continue to attract attention until he makes his college choice.

But he's still not in a big hurry.

"With the basketball playoffs going on, I don't really know my schedule," said Pryor. "So I haven't scheduled a visit with Penn State yet or done much there. We just won our quarterfinal game against South Fayette, so we keep on playing."

Pryor, who is also a five-star basketball player, led his team to victory with 24 points, 24 rebounds, 10 blocks and seven assists. But in between basketball games, Pryor has been talking to coaches.

"They can only call once per week so it's limited, but I've talked to Joe Paterno and coach (Tom) Bradley from Penn State, Jim Tressel (Ohio State), Rich Rodriguez (Michigan) and Chip Kelly (Oregon)," he said. "It's really nothing new they're telling me, it's all the same stuff. I just have to figure out when I can take my Penn State visit.

"I'd also like to visit Oregon as well because I hear the facilities there are amazing and the offense fits me, but I'm not sure of anything until basketball slows down."

Pryor said the media attention has slowed down a great deal since Signing Day.
Metroid

Postby knapplc » Tue Feb 19, 2008 12:54 pm

This kid had better be the second coming of Joe Montana at this point. After all this BS, if he's even just "good," he's going to get vilified by everyone from the press to the fans at whatever school he chooses. People will not forget this mess he’s creating by being such a prima donna and the lack of respect he’s showing for all of the schools, coaches and fans involved .

The expectations are going to be almost impossible for anyone to live up to.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Metroid » Tue Feb 19, 2008 1:34 pm

knapplc wrote:This kid had better be the second coming of Joe Montana at this point. After all this BS, if he's even just "good," he's going to get vilified by everyone from the press to the fans at whatever school he chooses. People will not forget this mess he’s creating by being such a prima donna and the lack of respect he’s showing for all of the schools, coaches and fans involved .

I totally agree knapp. At this point I'd kinda like to see Oregon come out and publicly announce to Mr. Pryor to not even bother wasting his time on a trip to Eugene, just to humble him some. :-?

I'd still like to see him in a Ducks uni though. :-b
Metroid

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Tue Feb 19, 2008 2:48 pm

Metroid wrote:
knapplc wrote:This kid had better be the second coming of Joe Montana at this point. After all this BS, if he's even just "good," he's going to get vilified by everyone from the press to the fans at whatever school he chooses. People will not forget this mess he’s creating by being such a prima donna and the lack of respect he’s showing for all of the schools, coaches and fans involved .

I totally agree knapp. At this point I'd kinda like to see Oregon come out and publicly announce to Mr. Pryor to not even bother wasting his time on a trip to Eugene, just to humble him some. :-?

I'd still like to see him in a Ducks uni though. :-b

I hate when people contradict themselves...By the way, contradicting yourself is awesome! :-b

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

PreviousNext

Return to College Football