Pryor keeps 'em guessing!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Pryor keeps 'em guessing!

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Fri Mar 07, 2008 11:27 pm

Nfl Fan wrote:
Daddymike59 wrote:
Nfl Fan wrote:SI article on Pryor...
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/p ... f=si_ncaaf

Typical Pryor. I don't know what I want. I know that i don't know. That's it. Poor kid. Must be rough having to make a life changing decision like that. Boo freakin' hoo. He's gonna piss me off wherever he goes. Especially since I've read that article. :-t

I don't know... he's just a high school kid, not an adult. He's trying to make the best decision for his future, but he's also trying to be true to a B-ball team that is making a run. I see it as good charactor that he's putting team in front of self.

Plus I want him to come out for a visit! :-D

Then you better hope he loses. He has only a few weeks left before he has to make a decision, and if his team doesn't get knocked out of the playoffs soon, he won't have the time.

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Metroid » Sat Mar 08, 2008 12:03 am

A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:Then you better hope he loses. He has only a few weeks left before he has to make a decision, and if his team doesn't get knocked out of the playoffs soon, he won't have the time.

He ain't coming to Oregon...not even for a visit. He knows where he's going, he's just enjoying messing with the media and staying in the spotlight. He's going to OSU.

I'll be VERY surprised if he makes a trip to Eugene even if his team does lose. I'd love if he did, I know he'd be impressed with our facilities and campus...Phil Knight walking him around wont hurt either but I just cant see him choosing Oregon after all I've read. I really think the only reason he's keeping Oregon and PSU in the equation is to hide the fact he's still a little torn between OSU and Michigan. I'm sure he'll wind up at OSU.
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Sat Mar 08, 2008 12:13 pm

Metroid wrote:
A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:Then you better hope he loses. He has only a few weeks left before he has to make a decision, and if his team doesn't get knocked out of the playoffs soon, he won't have the time.

He ain't coming to Oregon...not even for a visit. He knows where he's going, he's just enjoying messing with the media and staying in the spotlight. He's going to OSU.

I'll be VERY surprised if he makes a trip to Eugene even if his team does lose. I'd love if he did, I know he'd be impressed with our facilities and campus...Phil Knight walking him around wont hurt either but I just cant see him choosing Oregon after all I've read. I really think the only reason he's keeping Oregon and PSU in the equation is to hide the fact he's still a little torn between OSU and Michigan. I'm sure he'll wind up at OSU.

I wouldn't count out PSU. PSU is in his backyard, which is even more important for him then most, because his father is in a wheelchair, which would make it significantly more difficult for him to travel out to Ohio, Oregon, or Michigan to see a game.

A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Metroid » Sat Mar 08, 2008 2:44 pm

A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:
Metroid wrote:

I wouldn't count out PSU. PSU is in his backyard, which is even more important for him then most, because his father is in a wheelchair, which would make it significantly more difficult for him to travel out to Ohio, Oregon, or Michigan to see a game.

I think he wants to play for a serious contender though which kinda takes PSU out of the equation. I know that being close to home is a concern for him but I still doubt he'll choose PSU.
Metroid

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Sat Mar 08, 2008 5:08 pm

Metroid wrote:
A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:
Metroid wrote:He ain't coming to Oregon...not even for a visit. He knows where he's going, he's just enjoying messing with the media and staying in the spotlight. He's going to OSU.

I think he wants to play for a serious contender though which kinda takes PSU out of the equation. I know that being close to home is a concern for him but I still doubt he'll choose PSU.

Well, if he's as good as everyone thinks he is, then PSU would be a serious contender by the time he left there. It's not like we're talking about Duke, Jo Pa runs a legit program.

A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Metroid » Sat Mar 08, 2008 9:06 pm

A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:Well, if he's as good as everyone thinks he is, then PSU would be a serious contender by the time he left there. It's not like we're talking about Duke, Jo Pa runs a legit program.

Tru dat.
Metroid

Postby Nfl Fan » Sun Mar 16, 2008 11:35 am

Pryor takes state... should decide on college this week.

Top Recruit Pryor Close to Decision
By GENARO C. ARMAS – 17 hours ago

STATE COLLEGE, Pa. (AP) — Terrelle Pryor carried a state basketball championship trophy as he walked out of the locker room and was mobbed by reporters. But the question hovering around Happy Valley had nothing to do with hoops.

The talented Jeannette High School senior said he will decide within a week where he will go to college and play football. It's the latest twist in the saga of one of the most hotly recruited Pennsylvania high school football players in years.

"Next week, I'm going to say the school I'm going to, sign it and get it over with," Pryor said after getting 23 points and eight rebounds to lead his team to a 76-72 overtime win over Strawberry Mansion in the Class AA title game.

The contest was played before 6,000-plus fans at the Bryce Jordan Center on the campus of Penn State University, one of the finalists for Pryor's considerable services. He has said that Ohio State, Michigan and Oregon were also in the mix.

On Saturday, he said he was down to two schools, but declined to name them.

"I can't tell you that," said Pryor, the only Pennsylvania player to rush for more than 4,000 yards and pass for 4,000 in his career. He's rated the nation's No. 1 player by a couple of recruiting services.

At a news conference last month, Pryor said he had felt comfortable with Ohio State the night before, only to change his mind after waking up that morning. He then said he wanted to make an official visit to Penn State and coach Joe Paterno. Pryor's father, Craig, has received numerous visits from Penn State coaches and apparently wants his son to play there.

Asked his impressions of the State College area, Pryor initially didn't sound too thrilled, but he later called Penn State a good school with "good coaches." He said he felt comfortable with Penn State because he had already made many personal trips and unofficial visits to town.

Pryor's high school basketball coach, Jim Nesser, praised the dedication of his star, who said he wanted to hold off on official football recruiting visits until after basketball season was over. Nesser said he did not know whether Pryor would play basketball in college.

"I know he loves the game. I'm just going to tell you, I don't know if some of you guys realize the commitment that he's made to our basketball team," Nesser said. "So the kid's made a lot of sacrifices for our team. ... I have great respect for Terrelle Pryor."

Given the choice, Pryor said he would have started considering his college choices earlier in his high school career.

"Getting to know all these college coaches, I mean the relationships with them ..." he said, his voice trailing off. "It's hard to tell them no. That's how I am. It's hard to tell them no. Eventually I got to do it."

His decision to wait is unusual, as most top players have long committed by signing day in early February. Pryor, though, doesn't have to sign with any school until April 1.
Yo, Met... thanks for the sig! GO DUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This NEVER gets old and neither does THIS!!
Nfl Fan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Sun Mar 16, 2008 4:57 pm

From that article it appears that the two he's deciding between are Penn St. and Ohio St. but I can't be sure.

A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby FantasyMan13 » Sun Mar 16, 2008 10:31 pm

He still hasnt chosen? :-D :-?
FantasyMan13
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 40)

Postby CC » Mon Mar 17, 2008 10:13 am

A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:From that article it appears that the two he's deciding between are Penn St. and Ohio St. but I can't be sure.

This has been the case for a while, he wants OSU and his dad wants PSU.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to College Football