What a crazy packers fan! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

What a crazy packers fan!

Moderator: Football Moderators

What a crazy packers fan!

Postby LS2throwed » Wed Jan 16, 2008 11:11 pm

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22689532/

no disrespect to the rational packers fans on this site...but this is a little overboard

mod edit: i changed the title again, it's just one fan, i wouldn't group them all together
Last edited by LS2throwed on Thu Jan 17, 2008 12:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Packers fans=idiots

Postby stomperrob » Wed Jan 16, 2008 11:16 pm

The title of the thread is rather inflammaory in itself and unfair to the Packer fans here - ya might have chosen your words better! It was after all, only one fan and your title tends to tar them all.
;-D
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)

Postby beanoX3 » Thu Jan 17, 2008 12:29 am

stomperrob wrote:The title of the thread is rather inflammaory in itself and unfair to the Packer fans here - ya might have chosen your words better! It was after all, only one fan and your title tends to tar them all.
;-D

Naw, the title is cool. B-) :-B

The guy in the article is a douche though.
The cake is a lie.
beanoX3
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby LS2throwed » Thu Jan 17, 2008 12:49 am

stomperrob wrote:The title of the thread is rather inflammaory in itself and unfair to the Packer fans here - ya might have chosen your words better! It was after all, only one fan and your title tends to tar them all.
;-D

lol yea ill change it up, although i have no beef with packer fans at all, and i made a note that i wasnt directing it towards any packers fans on this site in particuliar...just thought it coincided with the article :-)
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Re: What a crazy packers fan!

Postby knapplc » Thu Jan 17, 2008 2:49 pm

The article I read about this situation made it sound like the kid was OK with it and it was all jokes, then mom or the kid changed their mind. It reminded me of a guy getting it on with his date and after encouraging him all the way she yells rape! when he's in the middle of his business.

I'm thinking we really don't have the whole story here, and this could end up being a whole lot of nothing.

Here's the dad's take on the situation:

Kowald said the incident started as a joke. His son challenged him by saying he wouldn't root for the Packers. When he tied the boy up, the youngster was laughing while his wife took pictures, he said.

"Then he couldn't get out and he got upset and that's it. It lasted a minute," he said. "I didn't mean no harm, and he knows that, but I haven't been able to tell him that."

It also doesn't sound like he's in trouble with the law:
District Attorney Jane Kohlwey said there wasn't enough evidence to support felony charges.

"I wouldn't agree with what he did, but legally a parent can restrain a child," she said. "I have no proof of emotional damage. ... I have to follow the law."

This all makes me wonder - how is his relationship with his wife, and what might that have to do with this? Because the story doesn't make a lot of sense right now...
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby LS2throwed » Thu Jan 17, 2008 4:39 pm

Ya I was about to say I recently heard it wasnt a big deal and the son was ok with it or no one was mad one or the other, but my question is how does it go from the inside of your home to a media outlet if no one is mad...if me and my pops were joking around, and me and my mom were laughing about me being tied up in the house over a jersey, it doesnt go from my house to a media outlet or the news...someone must of been upset at some point, or maybe the mom changed her tone on the situation after it became serious not really sure...

Jim Rome is going to talk about it on his show 2day though
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby moochman » Fri Jan 18, 2008 1:47 am

What's all the fuss? You have rope, tape, laughter and a camera. Heck, add some alcohol and your talking about a typical Saturday night at the Mooch household!

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby ivesaidway2much » Fri Jan 18, 2008 9:35 pm

That kid is lucky. If I were his father, and he refused to wear a Giants' jersey I would have taken my belt to him. And not for some lame limp-wristed spanking either. No, he would have gotten a butt-whooping.
ivesaidway2much
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Return to Football Talk