Mass Effect - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Video Games

Mass Effect

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Mass Effect

Postby Leber » Thu Jan 24, 2008 2:07 am

FantasyFutballGuru13 wrote:Noveria Boss (Matriarch Benezia) is a wee bit tough, going to play it now. Tried it a bit last night and didn't beat it after a few tries so I went and watched Dirty Jobs. :-b

Oh man, I remember that fight. :~(

I beat this game the first time and it seemed pretty short(didn't do many of the side missions) but I plan on doing a 2nd play through and doing most of the side missions. It's probably one of the best RPG's that I've played on the 360.
Leber
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Guru13 » Sat Jan 26, 2008 11:39 am

Leber wrote:
FantasyFutballGuru13 wrote:Noveria Boss (Matriarch Benezia) is a wee bit tough, going to play it now. Tried it a bit last night and didn't beat it after a few tries so I went and watched Dirty Jobs. :-b

Oh man, I remember that fight. :~(

I beat this game the first time and it seemed pretty short(didn't do many of the side missions) but I plan on doing a 2nd play through and doing most of the side missions. It's probably one of the best RPG's that I've played on the 360.

ya, when I went and played it after that I beat it on my first try, but this battle with Saren is pissing me off, he's flying around on his little thing and my squad dies instantly and his shields recharge incredibly fast...yuck. I get his health almost all the way down like at the very begginning of the battle, but then he kills my squad and I can't keep his shields down for more then 1/2 a second. :-X
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 2)

Postby terpfan » Mon Jan 28, 2008 1:29 am

The Benezia fight is definitely a bitch, especially if you do that level before the other two main missions you are given at that point. It seems unfair that the game gives you the choice. This is easily the hardest mission of the three and is probably much eaiser if you build your level on the other two first. I remember struggling through the Benezia thing and then flying through the other two missions. (And this is was the first point at which I realized health packs have to "recharge" and wondered what cruel game designer thought that up)

This was a great game overall. My only problem with it was the length. It seems REALLY short for an RPG (albeit an action-RPG). I finished it in like 14 hours with a handful of sidequests. Problem with the sidequests is they all seem too similar. (Most of the buildings on random sidequest planets are even the exact same model) They stopped holding my interest after a while.

I'll probably play through it again when I get done with the Orange Box. Maybe I'll focus more on biotics. I as technically a Vanguard last time but I used weapons more than biotics. Never got lift to the point where it was all that impressive.
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Madison » Wed Feb 06, 2008 6:36 pm

Still where I last was. Haven't had a chance to turn it on again. A little cool to hear I could finish it in a day or two if I happened to have the time though. I mean it's bad for the game to be that short, but perfect for someone without a lot of free time. :-)

I am the Reaper of Men,
The Chaser of Souls,
The Weaver of Nightmares,
I am The Heart of Darkness.
I now, and ever will be,
The Purity of Evil.
Madison
Lord of Darkness
Lord of Darkness

ExecutiveMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberMatchup Meltdown ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bagobonez » Mon Mar 03, 2008 12:28 pm

They're releasing this for PC in May. I'm geeked.
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby SniperShot » Thu May 08, 2008 8:21 pm

bagobonez wrote:They're releasing this for PC in May. I'm geeked.
Same here. It's drawing pretty close now, only a couple weeks! Should be a great play on the PC. I hear they tweaked the game and improved on it even more.

I'll probably be picking it up. ;-D
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)

Postby bagobonez » Thu May 08, 2008 9:36 pm

SniperShot wrote:
Same here. It's drawing pretty close now, only a couple weeks! Should be a great play on the PC. I hear they tweaked the game and improved on it even more.

See i don't know if I'm going to get it now. Thinking about pooling all my funds and trying to get an Xbox 360 so I can play GTA4 and then be able to play Madden 09/NFL head coach 09 in August.

But if I do get a 360 I won't have the money for Mass effect, ALone in the dark, etc.
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby deluxe_247 » Thu May 08, 2008 9:53 pm

bagobonez wrote:
SniperShot wrote:

See i don't know if I'm going to get it now. Thinking about pooling all my funds and trying to get an Xbox 360 so I can play GTA4 and then be able to play Madden 09/NFL head coach 09 in August.

But if I do get a 360 I won't have the money for Mass effect, ALone in the dark, etc.

you could always rent it from blockbuster. they are lenient with return dates so you can basically keep it for almost 2 weeks with no late charges...and will only cost you about 7 or 8 bucks.
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby bagobonez » Thu May 08, 2008 10:59 pm

deluxe_247 wrote:
you could always rent it from blockbuster. they are lenient with return dates so you can basically keep it for almost 2 weeks with no late charges...and will only cost you about 7 or 8 bucks.

Rent the game or the console?
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby deluxe_247 » Thu May 08, 2008 11:21 pm

i was meaning if you did buy a system and were short on funds...renting is a good option. i rent a large chunk of my games, and wish i had rented mass effect. ive heard standard playtime on it is around 30 hours...so thats doable within a couple of weeks if you have a lot of free time...if not, you could always rent it twice. 15 bucks for a month instead of 60 to buy it sounds like a better option....considering you would most likely only get about 25 bucks if you try to sell it used, which is what ill end up doing once i beat it (hopefully soon).
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Video Games