Kiper's big board - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to College Football

Kiper's big board

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Kiper's big board

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:24 am

stomperrob wrote:You may notice I edited the first post today - nothing major, just forgot to put Jake in his team colors! :-D

(Dunno how I overlooked that - I'm so ashamed!)

;-D

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby The Lung » Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:05 pm

From: http://blogs.charlotte.com/panthers/2008/02/opinions-differ.html

Opinions differ on RB McFadden

With the NFL Scouting Combine scheduled to open next week in Indianapolis, there's an intriguing storyline developing about one of the draft's top prospects.

For weeks, even months, Arkansas' Darren McFadden has been rated the top running back in the draft. ESPN analyst Mel Kiper Jr. currently lists McFadden as the No. 1 overall prospect, regardless of position, on his "big board."

But Mike Mayock, the NFL Network draft guru, has a contrary opinion. He released his list of top prospects today and doesn't even include McFadden in his top 20.

Mayock says the best running back available will be Rashard Mendenhall of Illinois, whom he rates No. 12 overall. Kiper has him 20th.

"Mendenhall translates better to the NFL game," said Mayock. "He's 225 pounds and has great feet and tremendous burst and acceleration for a player of his size. My biggest concern with McFadden is that although he also has great burst and acceleration, I don't think he has the lower body strength that you're looking for in a first-round NFL back."

It'll be interesting to see how all this develops.

And if either of these backs is available in the mid-first round, they'd be an intriguing option for the Panthers, who pick 13th. The best guess at this time is that Carolina uses the pick on either an offensive tackle or defensive lineman. But the free agency signing period hasn't even opened yet, so there's much yet to happen before April.
-- Charles Chandler
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 61)

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:36 pm

The Lung wrote:From: http://blogs.charlotte.com/panthers/2008/02/opinions-differ.html

Opinions differ on RB McFadden

With the NFL Scouting Combine scheduled to open next week in Indianapolis, there's an intriguing storyline developing about one of the draft's top prospects.

For weeks, even months, Arkansas' Darren McFadden has been rated the top running back in the draft. ESPN analyst Mel Kiper Jr. currently lists McFadden as the No. 1 overall prospect, regardless of position, on his "big board."

But Mike Mayock, the NFL Network draft guru, has a contrary opinion. He released his list of top prospects today and doesn't even include McFadden in his top 20.

Mayock says the best running back available will be Rashard Mendenhall of Illinois, whom he rates No. 12 overall. Kiper has him 20th.

"Mendenhall translates better to the NFL game," said Mayock. "He's 225 pounds and has great feet and tremendous burst and acceleration for a player of his size. My biggest concern with McFadden is that although he also has great burst and acceleration, I don't think he has the lower body strength that you're looking for in a first-round NFL back."

It'll be interesting to see how all this develops.

And if either of these backs is available in the mid-first round, they'd be an intriguing option for the Panthers, who pick 13th. The best guess at this time is that Carolina uses the pick on either an offensive tackle or defensive lineman. But the free agency signing period hasn't even opened yet, so there's much yet to happen before April.
-- Charles Chandler

If nothing else, you need to give him guts for dropping McFadden down. It is easy to put him up high, because then if you're wrong, so is everyone else.

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Previous

Return to College Football