How did you come to like your favorite team? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

How did you come to like your favorite team?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Fri Jan 18, 2008 9:40 pm

I lived in So Cal and pops was a Rams fan. Never really liked them though. I was 6 when I became a Cowboy's fan. My best friend and I used to play this football game that you plugged in. http://www.hammacher.com/publish/74303.asp?promo=xsells The players in this pic show just Red and Blue but the one my friend had the Helmets were of the Cowboys and Deadskins.

I just always liked the colors of the Cowboys and then they won the SB in 1978 and I was on board for good. Staubach (short lived), Randy White, Dorsett, and Pearson.

And here I am 34 years of age.
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 78)
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Re: How did you come to like your favorite team?

Postby scottaa1 » Fri Jan 18, 2008 9:46 pm

I was born in Cincinnati, my dad used to take me to Bengals games back in the day of Ken Anderson (and then Boomer), Collinsworth, Munoz. So I've always been a Bengals fan. Then, I moved to South Florida for a few years during the Marino years. I'm still a Dolphins fan from that. I've lived in Indianapolis since 1994, which is why I'm a Colts fan, true and blue. I've always been an AFC person as a result.
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)

Postby JasonSeahorn » Fri Jan 18, 2008 10:09 pm

born in boston, have always lived in boston, always followed the patriots.

though, when i was a kid i also really liked the cowboys and emmitt smith was my favorite player growing up....i used to have his jersey, but it's way too small for me now and long gone somewhere

Thanks to deluxe_247 for sig, he is welcome to sail with the Captain too!

I will win all of the fantasy cafe games.....next year
JasonSeahorn
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Nfl Fan » Sat Jan 19, 2008 1:48 am

I'm old, so this dates me a bit.

I was a Dolphin fan at the tender age of 10 when they went 17-0. We moved to the Seattle area before their first season and went to the games and the rest is history. SEAHAWKS, BABY!! 32 years later... still a fan and now my 15 year old son is getting autographs like I did back in the day.

It was really wierd when he got Jim Zorns autograph 30 years after I got mine. :-*
Yo, Met... thanks for the sig! GO DUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This NEVER gets old and neither does THIS!!
Nfl Fan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)

Postby Lofunzo » Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:26 pm

I grew up as a Steelers fan. I have a lot of family in Pittsburgh and all of my clothes as a kid were black and gold. Sometime during the 80's, I became a Jets fan. Not sure why and there are many times that I wish that I could change it. I still like the Steelers but the Jets are my top choice.
"There is no bad beer. Some are better than others."
Lofunzo
Head Coach
Head Coach

Baseball ModHockey Mod
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby eaglesrule » Sat Jan 19, 2008 5:21 pm

drafted into it. parents were from the greater Philadelphia area, always lived in the heartland of the eagles fan base, and eventually went to a philadelphia area school.
The opening scene of the movie "Saving Private Ryan" is loosely based on games of dodgeball Brian Dawkins played in second grade.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Postby eaglesrule » Sat Jan 19, 2008 5:44 pm

drafted into it. parents were from the greater Philadelphia area, always lived in the heartland of the eagles fan base, and eventually went to a philadelphia area school.
The opening scene of the movie "Saving Private Ryan" is loosely based on games of dodgeball Brian Dawkins played in second grade.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Lordrevolution » Sun Jan 20, 2008 12:05 am

eaglesrule wrote:drafted into it. parents were from the greater Philadelphia area, always lived in the heartland of the eagles fan base, and eventually went to a philadelphia area school.

In all my years of living here, I've never heard anyone but the news call it "the greater philadelphia area." I question your authenticity!

Anywho, I loved Cinny from fantasy football. Kitna took me to my first championship, and then Palmer to my second. Housh got me second and a losers bowl win this year.
Lordrevolution
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby LS2throwed » Sun Jan 20, 2008 3:48 am

Michael Irvin pretty much, was always my favorite player and I tried to be like him when I was growing up playing football...then the cowboys just became attractive to me, around the 90's was when I was just starting to get involved in watchiing football intently...
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby WaCougMBS » Sun Jan 20, 2008 4:08 am

I was born in Washington and bemoaned the Seahawks through 15+ years of Dave Kreig fumbles and John Kitna/Rick Meier interceptions. When we signed Marcus Trufant from WSU out of the draft, I started to gain interest, and when we became an offensive powerhouse for a couple of years there I became a huge Hasselbeck fan. I have fallen in love ever since the season before the crushing walk-off defeat in Lambeau 4 years ago :-{
Av/sig by deluxe_247
WaCougMBS

Radio PimpEditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Football Talk