How did you come to like your favorite team? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

How did you come to like your favorite team?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: How did you come to like your favorite team?

Postby Kirby » Sun Jan 20, 2008 10:53 am

Well, it was tuff growing up as a Packer fan in chicago, but it happened anyway. It helped that for most of my life, the bears had nothing on the packers.

I got into football around the age of 8, my dad, who also grew up in chicago area was also a lifelong packer fan. I was 8 in 1990, and the first Halloween custome I truely picked out myself was that of Don Majikowski, the Majik Man. I distinctly remember listening to the game on the radio a couple years later when Don got hurt, and this joke of a player named Brett Favre came in the game in relief. All I could think about was that I hoped Don got better, so this Favre guy didnt have to spend to much time in there for my beloved Pack. Well, its all History from there, I Bought a Reggie White Jersey as soon as they signed him. For 16 years, Favre has been surrounded by under rated players who helped the Packers return to Glory.

It is great to see them back to the NFC championship game. Its hard being a packer fan in chicago, expecially with the bears going to the SB last season. I am just glad the bears fans only had 1 offseason to gloat though. The football world has righted itself.
Kirby
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 68)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby deerayfan072 » Sun Jan 20, 2008 11:36 am

The Bucs sucked and I liked rooting for underdogs. I than moved to the TB area and liked them even more
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby mikus » Sun Jan 20, 2008 11:56 am

I was born into a Saints-loving family. I do not regret it, although the heartbreak has been plentiful. ;-D ;-D
Thanks to madaslives911 for the sweet sig!
The Hazean: Fantasy football galore
mikus
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Location: Same place as every other blogger: My Mom's basement. That is where bloggers work, right?

Postby moochman » Sun Jan 20, 2008 1:02 pm

I was dropped on my head as a baby and woke up a Lions fan. I cut my football teeth watching Billy Sims and have been a loyal fan since. Ain't loyalty a kick in the....
On the plus side, it also led to my love of football in general.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 82)

Postby portisfan24 » Sun Jan 20, 2008 1:20 pm

I started watching with my dad around '97 when I was 10. Being that the Pats had just come off a Superbowl Appearance I have to assume they were on TV a lot because they are the only team I remember watching. I remained a casual fan of both the NFL and Patriots until 01 when my favourite player Drew Bledsoe went down and some scrub named Tom Brady started winning like it was going out of style. The game that really pushed me into the Patriots lifestyle was the Snow Bowl, mainly because my best friend was a diehard Raiders fan.
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby eaglesrule » Sun Jan 20, 2008 3:14 pm

Lordrevolution wrote:
eaglesrule wrote:drafted into it. parents were from the greater Philadelphia area, always lived in the heartland of the eagles fan base, and eventually went to a philadelphia area school.

In all my years of living here, I've never heard anyone but the news call it "the greater philadelphia area." I question your authenticity!

Anywho, I loved Cinny from fantasy football. Kitna took me to my first championship, and then Palmer to my second. Housh got me second and a losers bowl win this year.

You write for your audience my good man. I wanted to be understood, and also not claim like I lived in Philly for most of my adult life. But for my first 22 years, was never more than 30 minutes away. ;)
The opening scene of the movie "Saving Private Ryan" is loosely based on games of dodgeball Brian Dawkins played in second grade.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Postby logan » Sun Jan 20, 2008 6:26 pm

derrick tomas,barry word,deron cherry,christian okoye,neal smith etc pretty much says it all. thomas' seven sack game vs the seahawks pretty much sealed the deal for me. wasn't much of a football fan before that as grew up more of a baseball guy but after watching the awesomeness of thomas and those late 80's early 90's chiefs games that i got to see made me a fan since then.
Last edited by logan on Mon Jan 21, 2008 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
logan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)

Postby m16a » Mon Jan 21, 2008 12:47 pm

I was born in Phillyand always loved the sports period. I grew up(and still am) watching the Phillies and Eagles. Lord knows its been hard with some of the crap the Eagles have had in the past with Hoying, Pederson, and Detmer. Man those were some tough times. I was one of the few who was glad when they drafted McNabb over Williams. Because I KNEW they needed a QB. Anyways, I'm a born Eagles fan and I'm gonna die that way no matter where I live.
Props to Deluxe for the sig
There is nothing more frightening than ignorance in action.
- Goethe
m16a

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)

Previous

Return to Football Talk