knapp thyme - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

knapp thyme

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: knapp thyme

Postby SniperShot » Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:57 pm

I never understood how WoW was so popular, I downloaded the demo and got to level 25 in the 10 days I had. Seems like it takes months just to get to level 70 (Supposed level where all the fun stuff starts) but when you get there you need a strong guild or clan or whatever and you need 10 people online for 5 hours straight till like 3am beating some unbeatable boss just to hope for some super duper item that you can show off to the rest of your groupies in your guild or clan or whatever.

Yeah you can guess I'm not a MMO guy. FPS and RTS all the way! Gimme CS Source or Starcraft over WoW any day. ;-D
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby josebach » Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:58 pm

Tiki wrote:World of Warcraft?

No dice.

Shiat, you ain't down. Ain't no party like a WoW party.
josebach
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby Tiki » Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:01 pm

josebach wrote:
Tiki wrote:World of Warcraft?

No dice.

Shiat, you ain't down. Ain't no party like a WoW party.

I don't do anything truly addictive. :-b
Keep it lit.
Tiki
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby josebach » Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:05 pm

SniperShot wrote:I never understood how WoW was so popular, I downloaded the demo and got to level 25 in the 10 days I had. Seems like it takes months just to get to level 70 (Supposed level where all the fun stuff starts) but when you get there you need a strong guild or clan or whatever and you need 10 people online for 5 hours straight till like 3am beating some unbeatable boss just to hope for some super duper item that you can show off to the rest of your groupies in your guild or clan or whatever.

Yeah you can guess I'm not a MMO guy. FPS and RTS all the way! Gimme CS Source or Starcraft over WoW any day. ;-D

I specialize in FPS and have been playing on PC ever since the original Wolfenstein (have been playing online competitively ever since Quake 2). After all that time, you could probably say I'm pretty good. :-b Anyway, the whole grouping aspect of WoW isn't my favorite part either. I solo most of the time and just enjoy exploring the world and building my character. I doubt very seriously, I'll ever get to level 70. I played a warrior before when the game first came out and quit at level 50 because I couldn't solo anymore. I'm not really into it enough to join a guild, and after level 50 (as a warrior at least), it really became old having to look for groups all the time. It's a nice break from COD4, and in another 10-15 levels, I'll probably get bored with it again and go back to shooters. I got Crysis for Christmas and haven't even opened it yet... after building a new computer so I could play it. No BS. :-b
josebach
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby beanoX3 » Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:38 pm

I played WoW last year and got up to lvl 53. Mostly solo'd except for instances. Anyways, if you play for a while and instance often early, you can get to know some people your level who you can group with often as you level up. I was in a guild for a while, but you don't necessarily have to join one to enjoy the end-game content.

In any case, I put too much time into WoW the four months I played. I'm staying away from it until maybe the next expansion. :-b
The cake is a lie.
beanoX3
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby scottaa1 » Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:57 pm

WoW three hours, not a bad nap. So, what are you guys up to? :-D

I started playing warcraft back at the initial release. Have a 70 mage with around 70 days of /played time and a 65 druid and about a dozen low levels. Cleared all pre-BC instances and all the levelling instances in the expansion, stopped right before arcatraz. Didn't play for most of this year and just reinstalled it. Trying to remember how to play before I get back to my kara attunement.

Anyways, nope no point to this thread. If we can have a thread announcing who's drunk, a nap thread shoudln't be any less useless.
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)

Postby knapplc » Sat Jan 19, 2008 8:26 pm

Just to add a little more weirdness to an already weird thread...

Just about the time this thread was being created, I was at the store buying a bunch of stuff - including dried thyme, which I needed for a recipe.

Weird. :-b
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby beanoX3 » Sat Jan 19, 2008 9:09 pm

knapplc wrote:Just to add a little more weirdness to an already weird thread...

Just about the time this thread was being created, I was at the store buying a bunch of stuff - including dried thyme, which I needed for a recipe.

Scott wasn't really napping. He was stalking you. :-o
The cake is a lie.
beanoX3
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby scottaa1 » Sat Jan 19, 2008 9:16 pm

beanoX3 wrote:

Ixnay on the talksne... O:-)
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)

Postby deerayfan072 » Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:40 pm

beanoX3 wrote:

you too, he said Ham and Beano Soup 8-o
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk