NFL Network Debate - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

NFL Network Debate

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: NFL Network Debate

Postby deerayfan072 » Mon Jan 21, 2008 3:01 pm

And just for the recorded. I am definitely not trying to argue any of this here becuase I have waay to much research that needs to get done before my paper is done. It will be between 25-30 pages. When I am done in April, I will be more than happy to send it to anyone that is interested in reading it.
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby thedude » Mon Jan 21, 2008 3:07 pm

deerayfan072 wrote:Doesn't matter what it was intended to do. The laws that govern the United States and its antitrust matters are there to promote competition and not the competitors.

Professional sports have anti-trust exemption and have been acting as monopolies since the 1890s. By limiting the number of teams that can locate in anyone city they are working as a cartel. If the league did not prohibit it there, would be six teams in New York and no teams in Jacksonville, Buffalo, Indianapolis, North Carolina, Tampa, Green Bay, or many other smaller markets. There are many other ways that sports leagues act as monopolies.
thedude
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby deerayfan072 » Mon Jan 21, 2008 3:14 pm

thedude wrote:
deerayfan072 wrote:Doesn't matter what it was intended to do. The laws that govern the United States and its antitrust matters are there to promote competition and not the competitors.

Professional sports have anti-trust exemption and have been acting as monopolies since the 1890s. By limiting the number of teams that can locate in anyone city they are working as a cartel. If the league did not prohibit it there, would be six teams in New York and no teams in Jacksonville, Buffalo, Indianapolis, North Carolina, Tampa, Green Bay, or many other smaller markets. There are many other ways that sports leagues act as monopolies.

Again i don't want to argue it now, but I am aware of that fact. This goes to the fact that they should lose there exemption with regards to the broadcasting rights.
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby stomperrob » Mon Jan 21, 2008 3:38 pm

deeray - ya might wanna check out this site (plus click on the highlighted sections there for more info):

http://www.eyeonthestatehouse.org/2007/ ... k-and-nfl/
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)

Postby deerayfan072 » Mon Jan 21, 2008 4:23 pm

stomperrob wrote:deeray - ya might wanna check out this site (plus click on the highlighted sections there for more info):

http://www.eyeonthestatehouse.org/2007/ ... k-and-nfl/

Thanks rob ;-D

good stuff
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Previous

Return to Football Talk