I'm Addicted.... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

I'm Addicted....

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: I'm Addicted....

Postby biju » Mon Jan 21, 2008 6:57 pm

My addiction is spicy foods. As a matter of fact, I'm entirely addicted to habaneros--so much so that if I make a salsa with them I usually eat it with chips for lunch and dinner, often making myself completely ill in the process. And then I'll get up in the middle of the night and eat more if there's some left.

Right now my mouth is watering and I think I'm going to have to make some tonight unless the idea gets vetoed by my girlfriend, who absolutely hates it when I make salsa since I usually feel pretty foul for a couple days afterward.

;-D
biju
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby scottaa1 » Mon Jan 21, 2008 7:02 pm

biju wrote:My addiction is spicy foods. As a matter of fact, I'm entirely addicted to habaneros--so much so that if I make a salsa with them I usually eat it with chips for lunch and dinner, often making myself completely ill in the process.

Haha.. that reminds me of how I became unable to eat jalapeno's. When I was around ten years old, I grabbed a jar of jalapeno's from the fridge, got a bowl of ice cream, and proceeded to alternate. It took until I turned 21 to become as sick as I was that night. Haven't like jalapeno since.

You may not be addicted to habaneros so much as the endorphins released by eating them.
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)

Postby biju » Mon Jan 21, 2008 7:58 pm

scottaa1 wrote:
biju wrote:My addiction is spicy foods. As a matter of fact, I'm entirely addicted to habaneros--so much so that if I make a salsa with them I usually eat it with chips for lunch and dinner, often making myself completely ill in the process.

Haha.. that reminds me of how I became unable to eat jalapeno's. When I was around ten years old, I grabbed a jar of jalapeno's from the fridge, got a bowl of ice cream, and proceeded to alternate. It took until I turned 21 to become as sick as I was that night. Haven't like jalapeno since.

You may not be addicted to habaneros so much as the endorphins released by eating them.

I've heard that a number of times and suspect you're correct, although I truly do think it is the best tasting pepper in the world. As a side note, I love jalapeños too but not the pickled kind--they taste funny to me. I can only eat the fresh ones these days.

But when my stomach feels messed up I often find myself craving my salsa and ice cream (I'm lactose intolerant) in order to "flush" my system appropriately. Not too smart, but I tend to listen to my body so I can make some salsa. ;-D
biju
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby RiffRaff » Tue Jan 22, 2008 12:37 am

biju wrote:although I truly do think it is the best tasting pepper in the world.

I don't really recommend eating too many of the 2nd most hot peppers in the world one after another. Using them is a salsa that is only flavored with them is just fine with me. Mango habanero hot wings are the stuff. ;-D

Jalapeno eating contests are too easy. Now if you can put down more than 3 habeneros...... :-o
The Eagles rule, the Viqueens drool.
E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES, EAGLES, EAGLES
RiffRaff
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerPick 3 ChampionCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: Big Old 0 for the Grill-0- Meter. Minnesota Weather Sucks

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Tue Jan 22, 2008 8:44 am

Hot Tamales, Snickers, Cherry Mash, Now & Laters, Sour Starburst, Grape Taffy, Reisens, man I could go on for a while. I love candy. :-L
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby Dolfin99 » Tue Jan 22, 2008 9:01 am

Butterfinger and reeses cups.

I also love hot tamales but I am a 34 y/o wearing braces so those are out for now. :~(
Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig.
Dolfin99

EditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby killiansjmd » Tue Jan 22, 2008 10:05 am

love my Reese's PB cups! ;-D
Thanks to Metroid for the sig!
killiansjmd
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby joelamosobadiah » Tue Jan 22, 2008 10:17 am

I love candy, but don't really eat too much. However, give me a pie, cake, or especially ice cream over a candy bar any day of the week.
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby scottaa1 » Tue Jan 22, 2008 10:36 am

This reminds me, I still have a big bowl of candy bars sitting by the front door from Halloween. 8-o
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)

Postby dream_017 » Tue Jan 22, 2008 10:37 am

whatchamacallit :-*

I don't eat a lot of chocolate, but I do like:
Snickers
Butterfinger
Reeses PBC

and some Chocolate covered almonds that our company gets during Christmas :-L
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 60)

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk