Parcells raiding Cowboys again? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Parcells raiding Cowboys again?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Parcells raiding Cowboys again?

Postby stomperrob » Tue Jan 22, 2008 10:23 pm

Dallas Cowboys might lose more coaches
Unsigned assistants, including Bowles, free to pursue other teams
01:30 PM CST on Tuesday, January 22, 2008
By CALVIN WATKINS / The Dallas Morning News
cwatkins@dallasnews.com

MOBILE, Ala. – Three Dallas Cowboys assistant coaches could leave for other coaching opportunities as early as today.

The assistants – Todd Bowles, the secondary coach; Kacy Rodgers, the defensive line coach; and Paul Pasqualoni, the linebackers coach – did not sign new contracts offered by owner Jerry Jones when the season ended Jan. 13.

"Those three become free agents," coach Wade Phillips said Monday in Alabama, where the Cowboys are looking at players who will participate in Saturday's Senior Bowl. "I don't know what's going to happen."

All three coaches are coveted around the league, especially in Miami, where former Cowboys are running the show. Tony Sparano, the Cowboys' former assistant head coach, was hired last week as the Dolphins' head coach.

There is talk around the league that Sparano could hire Bowles as defensive coordinator and Pasqualoni as assistant head coach. Rogers is a respected defensive line coach and has worked with former Cowboys coach Bill Parcells, who is a Dolphins executive.

Jones said he's hopeful the Cowboys will keep the assistants, especially Bowles, whom several players like.

Phillips said if the three coaches wanted to remain in Dallas, he would welcome that. But if the coaches leave, Phillips said he will interview possible replacements this week.

Phillips added that he does not expect changes with the rest of the coaching staff.

Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 160)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Parcells raiding Cowboys again?

Postby LS2throwed » Tue Jan 22, 2008 10:31 pm

Its only the beginning, he's still on personell, wait until he gets to the players, its a handful of guys that have a very good chance of being in Miami next year, im waiting for the trade to happen
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby bagobonez » Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:28 am

LS2throwed wrote:Its only the beginning, he's still on personell, wait until he gets to the players, its a handful of guys that have a very good chance of being in Miami next year, im waiting for the trade to happen

God willing Parcells will take Bobby Carpenter, Marcus Spears, Anthony Fasano, and any other overpaid, overrated piece of garbage off this team and give Dallas something good in return for these wastes of roster space. I'd take a 2nd round pick for all 3 of them.
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Nfl Fan » Thu Jan 24, 2008 1:10 am

Go get 'em, Tuna. ;-) I love the move bringing him to Miami like this. He'll turn it around.
Yo, Met... thanks for the sig! GO DUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This NEVER gets old and neither does THIS!!
Nfl Fan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)

Postby LS2throwed » Thu Jan 24, 2008 2:14 pm

Dolphins GM Jeff Ireland says the team is "open for business" when it comes to the No. 1 overall pick in the draft

"Rome wasn't built in a day, and this won't be built in a day either," Ireland said. "The No. 1 pick is no different from the 22nd pick. You've got to make the right selection. You just can't miss on it. We'll listen to all offers." Jan. 24 - 10:43 am et

notice his reference to the 22nd pick, which is held by the Dallas Cowboys :-) Parcells loves trading back, when he had no rb at all and steven jackson rolled up, he traded down to take julius jones...I keep telling people, Dallas is probably going to have their 2nd rd pick which is really a late 1st, or the #1 overall where Dallas probably takes Chris Long
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Thu Jan 24, 2008 10:38 pm

LS2throwed wrote:
Dolphins GM Jeff Ireland says the team is "open for business" when it comes to the No. 1 overall pick in the draft

"Rome wasn't built in a day, and this won't be built in a day either," Ireland said. "The No. 1 pick is no different from the 22nd pick. You've got to make the right selection. You just can't miss on it. We'll listen to all offers." Jan. 24 - 10:43 am et

notice his reference to the 22nd pick, which is held by the Dallas Cowboys :-) Parcells loves trading back, when he had no rb at all and steven jackson rolled up, he traded down to take julius jones...I keep telling people, Dallas is probably going to have their 2nd rd pick which is really a late 1st, or the #1 overall where Dallas probably takes Chris Long

Id rather keep our picks and take a guy like Calais Campbell with the 22nd. He has decent speed and is 6-8. Then with our 2nd 1st round pick grab one of the top 3-4 corners avail like Leodis Mckelvin (Demarcus turned out fine from same school) or Aqib Talib.
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby bagobonez » Mon Jan 28, 2008 12:53 am

I'd rather go back in time and draft Quentin Jammer instead of Roy Williams and well... pretty much anybody but Bobby Carpenter.
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby LS2throwed » Mon Jan 28, 2008 2:51 pm

trust me i HATE the idea of trading picks, some teams/people act as if you cant get an elite talent unless he's a top 5 pick, ed reed was a late twenty pick, cromartie was late twenty(which dallas took carpenter over :-D ) and so on...Dallas needs a corner, if they trade away one of their first they wont be able to get a corner and will still have the same problems...Rumors are spreading about trading players now like Spencer, Ware, and Newman but thats purely speculation to have some excitement in the off-season
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby wisconnie » Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:46 pm

I also heard a rumor today on ESPN that the Cowboys would trade Marion Barber and players/picks to the Dolphins for the #1 overall pick to select Darren McFadden. Personally, I don't like the trade from either standpoints. Miami has so many needs, one of the few things they don't really need is another running back with Ronnie Brown having a breakout season until he tore his ACL. I do like the idea of them trading down, but not for Barber. For Dallas, I would rather have Marion Barber who is just an absolute bruising back. Plus, "Run DMC" has had a history of injury problems, notably sitting out near the end of the Alabama game this season.
wisconnie
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby bagobonez » Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:28 am

I can't understand all the McFadden talk from Cowboys fans. I understand he's a phenomenal talent and could be the next Adrian Peterson but the Cowboys have a studly RB in Marion the Barbarian and have many other needs to address first like cornerback, safety, defensive tackle, defensive end, wide receiver, offensive tackle, etc. If the Cowboys package up a bunch of stuff to move up and get McFadden they can forget about winning a Super Bowl anytime soon.
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Next

Return to Football Talk