Caddy Done? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Caddy Done?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Caddy Done?

Postby deerayfan072 » Wed Jan 23, 2008 8:07 am

One of the rumors making the rounds in Mobile is that the career of Buccaneers running back Cadillac Williams could be over.

Williams blew out a patellar tendon on September 30, during a game against the Panthers.

If Williams can’t return, it’s another argument against using a high first-round pick on a running back. The financial investment is enormous, and the running back is always one play away from a serious, if not permanent, injury.

FYI - i have heard this from multiple sources and had heard it prior to the this coming out in PFT
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Caddy Done?

Postby moochman » Wed Jan 23, 2008 11:00 am

That really blows!! This is pure speculatioin, based on nothing more than coincidence, but I wonder how much affect the recent climate about steroids and HGH have on his lack of recovery? Hate to say it, but the Patella injury was one of the hallmarks of steroid use. One of the reasons HGH was added to the PED menu.

Too bad for Caddy. As for not spending a high pick on a RB there will always be those special backs who are worthy. You just have to hope they don't flame out as quickly as Caddy seems to have.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby skibrett15 » Wed Jan 23, 2008 6:25 pm

moochman wrote:That really blows!! This is pure speculatioin, based on nothing more than coincidence, but I wonder how much affect the recent climate about steroids and HGH have on his lack of recovery? Hate to say it, but the Patella injury was one of the hallmarks of steroid use. One of the reasons HGH was added to the PED menu.

Too bad for Caddy. As for not spending a high pick on a RB there will always be those special backs who are worthy. You just have to hope they don't flame out as quickly as Caddy seems to have.

Special backs like ronnie brown and cedric benson? Or Reggie Bush? Or are you thinking more along the lines of AD.

I agree, RBs are not worth high picks. Too many injuries.
ADMIN edit: please note that the overall sig limit is 12k - thanks!
(Thanks Leber)
AIM is like multiplayer notepad
skibrett15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby JasonSeahorn » Wed Jan 23, 2008 7:22 pm

skibrett15 wrote:
moochman wrote:That really blows!! This is pure speculatioin, based on nothing more than coincidence, but I wonder how much affect the recent climate about steroids and HGH have on his lack of recovery? Hate to say it, but the Patella injury was one of the hallmarks of steroid use. One of the reasons HGH was added to the PED menu.

Special backs like ronnie brown and cedric benson? Or Reggie Bush? Or are you thinking more along the lines of AD.

I agree, RBs are not worth high picks. Too many injuries.

i think he meant AP and LT.

Thanks to deluxe_247 for sig, he is welcome to sail with the Captain too!

I will win all of the fantasy cafe games.....next year
JasonSeahorn
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby thriftyrocker » Wed Jan 23, 2008 7:55 pm

Teams should stick to making reliable 1st round QB picks.
thriftyrocker

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 2)

Postby Dawinner127 » Wed Jan 23, 2008 8:53 pm

Caddy?!?
C'mon, Earnest Graham. The guys the real deal. Why even consider using a 1st-rounder on a RB?
A win next week and all is forgotten.
Dawinner127
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 70)

Postby SniperShot » Wed Jan 23, 2008 10:19 pm

Wow. That would be horrible. :-/

Any given play could be the final one of any football players career, pretty scary thought. Really makes you appreciate a guy like Ladainian who's played so many seasons now extremely healthy at the most dangerous and physical position in football. (minus this years playoffs of course!)
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)

Postby deerayfan072 » Wed Jan 23, 2008 10:25 pm

Dawinner127 wrote:Caddy?!?
C'mon, Earnest Graham. The guys the real deal. Why even consider using a 1st-rounder on a RB?

Because Graham is not Gruden's boy and he was not the one who discovered him. In fact, Gruden tried to cut him a couple times from the team over the years. Also, it was Gruden's dad who eventually told him to play Graham more. If you are not one of Chucky's boys, than you are not playing, or you play, but don't get the ball much
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Lordrevolution » Wed Jan 23, 2008 10:32 pm

Here's a good question: With so many great guys going undrafted why draft at all? I mean you can at least wait until the seventh round to make a pick and get Tom Brady for your troubles.

Or maybe you should understand what NFL people already know: It's a gamble, it's always been a gamble, and if you have that one chance to pick up a Manning or an LT then you take it. Because sometimes you end up with a Couch, and sometimes you end up with the best RB possibly of all time.
Lordrevolution
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Lofunzo » Thu Jan 24, 2008 2:31 am

thriftyrocker wrote:Teams should stick to making reliable 1st round QB picks.

Using a high pick on a top QB prospect costs even more. No high pick bust goes without punishment but if you use a top pick on a QB bust, your team is crippled for at least 3-4 years, if not more.
"There is no bad beer. Some are better than others."
Lofunzo
Head Coach
Head Coach

Baseball ModHockey Mod
Home Cafe: Baseball

Next

Return to Football Talk