Caddy Done? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Caddy Done?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Caddy Done?

Postby deerayfan072 » Thu Jan 24, 2008 8:37 am

Lofunzo wrote:
thriftyrocker wrote:Teams should stick to making reliable 1st round QB picks.

Using a high pick on a top QB prospect costs even more. No high pick bust goes without punishment but if you use a top pick on a QB bust, your team is crippled for at least 3-4 years, if not more.

he think he was missing one of these in his post ;-7
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby moochman » Thu Jan 24, 2008 11:06 am

JasonSeahorn wrote:
skibrett15 wrote:
moochman wrote:That really blows!! This is pure speculatioin, based on nothing more than coincidence, but I wonder how much affect the recent climate about steroids and HGH have on his lack of recovery? Hate to say it, but the Patella injury was one of the hallmarks of steroid use. One of the reasons HGH was added to the PED menu.

Too bad for Caddy. As for not spending a high pick on a RB there will always be those special backs who are worthy. You just have to hope they don't flame out as quickly as Caddy seems to have.

Special backs like ronnie brown and cedric benson? Or Reggie Bush? Or are you thinking more along the lines of AD.

I agree, RBs are not worth high picks. Too many injuries.

i think he meant AP and LT.

Exactly. Plus teams still feel more comfortable paying high draft pick contract dollars to skill positions over linemen/LBs say. The advance of NFL style workouts and college/high school pro sets, methinks, is helping a lot of RBs prepare for the league so more mid-late round picks can make impacts. Sometimes I wonder if the RB position is being devalued across the board. Seems to be too many fill ins who are doing well to justify throwing big contracts out at older RBs, and maybe even rooks.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby skibrett15 » Thu Jan 24, 2008 4:10 pm

It is way too hard to ignore the success of Good O-line plus good back equals great running game. Selvin Young, Earnest Graham, Ryan Grant, Willie parker, Brandon Jacobs, Fargas all make the case that a first round RB earning first round money who is only gonna play 8 good years if you are very lucky, and 10 useful years maximum is just not worth it. Cedric Benson, Caddy, Julius Jones are all making the case that even when you get someone who is talented enough to succeed, there' enough other guys for less that it doesn't pay.
ADMIN edit: please note that the overall sig limit is 12k - thanks!
(Thanks Leber)
AIM is like multiplayer notepad
skibrett15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Kilroy » Fri Jan 25, 2008 11:23 pm

It doesn't get much worse injury-wise than a patellar tendon tear, but I haven't read/heard/seen anything to indicate that this is anything more than a "rumor", which is pretty much PFT's specialty.

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby deerayfan072 » Sat Jan 26, 2008 1:26 pm

Kilroy1872 wrote:It doesn't get much worse injury-wise than a patellar tendon tear, but I haven't read/heard/seen anything to indicate that this is anything more than a "rumor", which is pretty much PFT's specialty.

I have heard more things from people I trust.
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby LS2throwed » Sat Jan 26, 2008 5:38 pm

thriftyrocker wrote:Teams should stick to making reliable 1st round QB picks.

like who alex smith, joey harrington and david carr? those guys were bust, at least Caddy got hurt...who isnt 1 play away from getting injured in the NFL? I guess no teams should sign anyone to large contracts since they are one play away from being done, teams take rbs so high that have the highest potential to be great, as in any other position in the nfl...if a team has a huge hole at rb and thats their biggest need, they are still going to take the best rb available, you arent going to say "well ill just wait and get a guy later because those guys end up good", it does happen but your chances of getting a great talent are alot higher in the high end of the 1st round, there are always cases of injuries/health/bust with taking rbs high, but if you look back at some of the greatest all time, majority were 1st rd picks...

Everyone forgets how crazy caddy was to start his rookie season, he was a beast, tearing it up out there, had he stayed healthy its no telling where he would be as far as top 10 backs in the nfl, so you cant fault them for taking a guy who got beat up because you cant predict that...Caddy surely ended up better then Cedric Benson, and was the best pick at the time, him and ronnie when healthy are top tier talents, you dont find guys like that late in the draft unless you get very lucky
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby Lordrevolution » Sun Jan 27, 2008 12:23 pm

Is it just me or is everyone's sarcasm meter broken on this thread?
Lordrevolution
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Kilroy » Sun Jan 27, 2008 12:49 pm

deerayfan072 wrote:
Kilroy1872 wrote:It doesn't get much worse injury-wise than a patellar tendon tear, but I haven't read/heard/seen anything to indicate that this is anything more than a "rumor", which is pretty much PFT's specialty.

Your boy Gruden tell you? :-D

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby Dawinner127 » Sun Jan 27, 2008 2:20 pm

Kilroy1872 wrote:
deerayfan072 wrote:

Your boy Gruden tell you? :-D

Lmao.

Like I said in my first post, why would they even consider drafting a back with their 1st round pick with Graham who emerged this year as a beast and took them to the playoffs.
A win next week and all is forgotten.
Dawinner127
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 68)

Postby deerayfan072 » Sun Jan 27, 2008 2:46 pm

Dawinner127 wrote:Lmao.

Like I said in my first post, why would they even consider drafting a back with their 1st round pick with Graham who emerged this year as a beast and took them to the playoffs.

I told you already... :-P
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk