T.O gets roster bonus, Glenn out for '08 - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

T.O gets roster bonus, Glenn out for '08

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: T.O gets roster bonus, Glenn out for '08

Postby stomperrob » Fri Jan 25, 2008 12:38 am

fantasizing wrote:Jeez, if the Cowboys get R. Williams or Fitz, the better win the super bowl next year. That offence would be sick, assuming of course Romo can focus on football and not something else.......hehehee...

Don't talk like that, you'll get T.O. bawlin' and blubberin' again!
;-) :-b
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 168)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Fri Jan 25, 2008 12:46 am

fantasizing wrote:Jeez, if the Cowboys get R. Williams or Fitz, the better win the super bowl next year. That offence would be sick, assuming of course Romo can focus on football and not something else.......hehehee...

That would be a sick combo with Crayton/Hurd playing the slot. The trade listed above would be fine with me. Then grab a DE with the 22nd and a corner with the 2nd 1st rounder.
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 78)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby moochman » Fri Jan 25, 2008 10:53 am

LS2throwed wrote:
moochman wrote:Throwed, what is the talk of a Roy Williams trade in Dallas? What are they willing to part with? He would be a natural fit there, having gone to Texas and all. He and TO would be a dynamic duo.

Its more "unofficial" talk then anything...roy coming out and being upset about Martz leaving, and he knows CJ is the future there, also that he wants to play closer to home...And on Dallas' end Jerry loves grabbing a FA wr especially when his team is on the verge(Terry Glenn, Keyshaun, TO, list goes on) and he knows a guy like Roy can come in and not have a learning curve, then in 2 years be the #1 by himself and the offense wont lose a beat when they lose TO...Add in the fact that Jerry is already shopping Carpenter and Spears, 2 guys who Detroit could use, and I could see something

Dallas gives:
2nd round pick
Bobby Carpenter
Marcus Spears

Detroit gives:
Roy Williams

If he's not able to land Roy, I think he goes after Fitz, Stallworth, or another guy really hard, he has a big signing each off season and wr looks like the position where he will make a move..and if TO had a guy like Roy on the other side teams cant put 3 guys on TO anymore because thats what they were doing in the detroit game

That would be giving the Lions way too much for Roy. If they could get a number 2 alone they might bite, add either of those guys and the Lions prolly jump all over it.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Fri Jan 25, 2008 10:59 am

I was thinking that too Mooch if they offered all that for Roy, Lions would be foolish not to make that deal.
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby LS2throwed » Fri Jan 25, 2008 4:21 pm

It would be a good deal on both ends, Marcus Spears is probably going to be solid in the 4-3, Carpenter as well, and just because their buried on dallas depth chart doesnt mean they wouldnt start for someone, but its looking more like it would only be one of the two players, I think they are shopping both seperately because Carpenters value is about a late 2nd, and Spears mid 3rd...But Jerry put it out he was shopping both players at the senior bowl so he's going to have some offers on the table

I heard on the radio this morning out of Jerry's 19 Drafts with the cowboys he has never stood pat, he has either moved up or down...There is a good chance he does that also this year, but it seems like Dallas is always going to get a disgruntled player from a team and making it work (Leanord Davis who was considered done), and why not trade guys that have no use to the team

Crayton will still get plenty of looks out of the slot, and TO will still be "THE" guy in the offense for another 2 years
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby JasonSeahorn » Fri Jan 25, 2008 5:45 pm

ok lets say the cowboys do get roy williams...how does that play out for their passing game? romo will no doubt have another great year but what about the wides?

TO is the main man, and then who comes second? Roy Williams or Witten? Crayton i see as a weekly boom-or-bust, usable in certain match ups only. i'm not worried about TO's stats, it's more about how does this affect witten's value and does roy williams become a certified fantasy WR2 or does he stay the WR3 he was last year because the passes were spread so thinly?

Thanks to deluxe_247 for sig, he is welcome to sail with the Captain too!

I will win all of the fantasy cafe games.....next year
JasonSeahorn
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to Football Talk