Seahawks off season needs? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Seattle Seahawks

Seahawks off season needs?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Seahawks off season needs?

Postby biju » Wed Jan 23, 2008 4:33 pm

I'm worried about the upcoming 2008 season. There seem to be big problems and not enough cap room to maneuver properly. Here's what I see are the biggest needs for the Seahawks this offseason:

1. Either sign or franchise tag Marcus Trufant. We just got this defense looking good and now one of the cornerstones is about to be pulled away from us. We need to keep him as I'm not sure that Kelly Jennings and Josh Wilson can hold down the fort.

2. Retain D.J. Hackett. It's clear that Hackett has a ton of talent and with Deion Branch possibly missing the entire 2008 season we need to have a true playmaker on our team.

3. Fix the Offensive Line, possibly by acquiring Alan Faneca. Things worked so much better for us when we had Steve Hutchinson that it's evident we need to fix our O-line woes. Of course, Sean Locklear is scheduled to test free agency as well, but while I think he's important to keep I would prefer to get Faneca and let the other role players like Womack try to pick up the slack on that end.

4. Keep Josh Brown, but only at a reasonable price. Realistically, Josh Brown has won us a number of games. He's a solid kicker and when the game is on the line and we're a 52 yard FG away from winning I'm very confident in him. But getting our O-line healthy will create shorter field goals and we can't afford to keep him if it means we have to settle for a significantly smaller budget for our line.

5. Get Charlie Frye up to speed to backup Hasselbeck. This will free up Seneca Wallace to turn into a WR and get another playmaker on the field. This guy has the tools to be a successful WR in the league...I can feel it. We just couldn't risk him getting injured last year. With Frye available and a good QB coach in Zorn, we can help our depleted WRs and possibly even lose Hackett (although I really don't want that to happen).

6. Get a TE that can actually catch a damn ball. I don't want to blame anything on Pollard, but we needed a spark and that drop in the endzone against GB killed us. Dallas Clark is likely to be franchised so we either need to acquire one during the draft or look to FA. We again don't have a ton of money to spend here and getting our O-line up to par would help a ton if we need to remain deficient at this position.

Any other thoughts? I hope the Seahawks can lose some of their cap room problems and be able to sign Faneca. Grabbing Jonathon Stewart in the draft would be nice too.

;-D
biju
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Seahawks off season needs?

Postby Nfl Fan » Sat Jan 26, 2008 1:39 pm

biju wrote:Any other thoughts? I hope the Seahawks can lose some of their cap room problems and be able to sign Faneca. Grabbing Jonathon Stewart in the draft would be nice too.

Aah...
I thought you'd missed it. :-° :-b

Pretty complete list with several of the things that came to the front of my mind. Faneca. DJ. Marcus. Yep! ;-D But I think we should address the future at RB as well. I believe and hope that Shaun has a year or two left. I don't think he's "done" simply because a broken wrist will slow ANY RB down. Holmgren and Matt are back and this team knows it's now or never for some of the older guys. Nevertheless, it would be silly to not draft a top dog now. Stewart will 'wow-em' at the combines and we'd have to trade up to get him. Maybe draft a big bruiser to compliment MoMo. That kind of combo seems to be having success elsewhere. Weaver did a nice job stepping in for Mack, but yeah... draft a back!

Good post, biju! B-)
Yo, Met... thanks for the sig! GO DUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This NEVER gets old and neither does THIS!!
Nfl Fan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Football

Return to Seattle Seahawks