The Week The Women Went - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

The Week The Women Went

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: The Week The Women Went

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Fri Jan 25, 2008 11:48 pm

Canucks_Fantasy wrote:But google would require opening a new window...typing it in...so much work.

Plus, why do it yourself when your can have someone do it for you. ;-D

I'm always semi annoyed when someone says that a child that has same sex parents will be the same as another child with "real" parents. Of course they're going to be atleast a different...

Well, I don't think I intentionally brought up the topic of same sex parents. By suggesting that 2 moms or 2 dads would be the same thing as have 1 mom and 1 dad would be suggesting that men and women are alike. And we all know that's not true.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Canucks_Fantasy » Fri Jan 25, 2008 11:57 pm

I was googling (All by myself!) and there are no real studies on same sex parents. I could only find this one: http://www.canada.com/theprovince/news/story.html?id=38cc20ce-7f14-44ea-b4d9-d4cd16d7a269&k=9378 but it's from Canada so what do we know. I really wish there were more studies on this, shut atleast one of the sides up.
Canucks_Fantasy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Sat Jan 26, 2008 12:14 am

Canucks_Fantasy wrote:I was googling (All by myself!) and there are no real studies on same sex parents. I could only find this one: http://www.canada.com/theprovince/news/story.html?id=38cc20ce-7f14-44ea-b4d9-d4cd16d7a269&k=9378 but it's from Canada so what do we know. I really wish there were more studies on this, shut atleast one of the sides up.

I'm not trying to get this thread turned into a same-sex marriage topic. My only point is that mothers have something special to give to their children and fathers have something special to give to their children. Uniqueness of the sexes. There is a drastic difference and we're selling ourselves short, as parents, if we ignore this.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby Canucks_Fantasy » Sat Jan 26, 2008 12:35 am

Can't argue with that, each parent brings something different to the parenting process.
Canucks_Fantasy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Madison » Sat Jan 26, 2008 2:00 am

Omaha Red Sox wrote:
Madison wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:For those of you saying it wouldn't matter which parent left, mother or father, aren't giving either enough credit.

:-?

I thought that would be giving a ton of credit to each. :-?

No, by suggesting there would be little difference between the mothers leaving and the fathers leaving is taking away from each parent's individual contributions to the raising of a child. Mothers are better at some things than fathers and vice versa. By taking away the mother element, or father element, you're left with something that is destined for unbalance. Look at broken homes where a father or mother isn't present. One may be around, but it's that balance that is truly healthy for any child. I'm not the only one saying this. Statistics show this as well.

Hmm... :-?

Madison wrote:Interesting idea, but regardless of which parent is gone, it's still tough on the other one. Really makes no difference which one leaves.

Still not sure what I'm missing. I agree with you, but what I said didn't take any credit away from anyone...

I am the Reaper of Men,
The Chaser of Souls,
The Weaver of Nightmares,
I am The Heart of Darkness.
I now, and ever will be,
The Purity of Evil.
Madison
Lord of Darkness
Lord of Darkness

ExecutiveMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberMatchup Meltdown ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Sat Jan 26, 2008 10:43 am

Madison wrote:Still not sure what I'm missing. I agree with you, but what I said didn't take any credit away from anyone...

I suppose I didn't like the wording and wanted to clarify something. And I don't think you were the only one who used the phrase 'no difference', which is what I thought needed clarification.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby Madison » Sat Jan 26, 2008 2:20 pm

Omaha Red Sox wrote:
Madison wrote:Still not sure what I'm missing. I agree with you, but what I said didn't take any credit away from anyone...

I suppose I didn't like the wording and wanted to clarify something. And I don't think you were the only one who used the phrase 'no difference', which is what I thought needed clarification.

Ah, no worries. :-) ;-D

I am the Reaper of Men,
The Chaser of Souls,
The Weaver of Nightmares,
I am The Heart of Darkness.
I now, and ever will be,
The Purity of Evil.
Madison
Lord of Darkness
Lord of Darkness

ExecutiveMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberMatchup Meltdown ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby josebach » Mon Jan 28, 2008 9:45 am

One mother, one father, a mother and a father, 2 mothers, 2 fathers... is there no research out there for those who were raised by wolves???!!! :-[

I feel so alone. :,-(
josebach
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby josebach » Mon Jan 28, 2008 9:48 am

You know who the luckiest child in the world is? The child whose parents are both hermaphrodites. That'd be like having 2 mothers AND 2 fathers! :-?

It amazes me how deep I am sometimes. Really, it's like I'm in the ocean and everyone else is in a bird bath. :^
josebach
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby treat24 » Mon Jan 28, 2008 11:48 am

josebach wrote:You know who the luckiest child in the world is? The child whose parents are both hermaphrodites. That'd be like having 2 mothers AND 2 fathers! :-?

It amazes me how deep I am sometimes. Really, it's like I'm in the ocean and everyone else is in a bird bath. :^

so you taste salty and have lots of crap floating in you?

i think the odds of having 2 hermaphroditic parents would be insanely low. Any known cases? (too lazy to google... plus i'd probably get a virus... :-b )
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk