Coordinators, check. Head Coach??? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Washington Redskins

Coordinators, check. Head Coach???

Moderator: Football Moderators

Coordinators, check. Head Coach???

Postby Gibbs Baby!!! » Mon Jan 28, 2008 7:53 pm

Can anyone explain to me Dan's strategy here?
"We couldn’t do diddley poo offensively, we couldn’t make a first down, we couldn’t run the ball, we didn’t try to run the ball, we couldn’t complete a pass - we sucked." ~ James Ernest Mora
Gibbs Baby!!!
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 415)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Coordinators, check. Head Coach???

Postby ksinghas » Tue Jan 29, 2008 10:59 am

Honestly I have never been soo confused before in my life. Dan has really took the future of our team and placed it in jeopardy. Promoting Williams to Head Coach would have been the smartest move ever! The team looks up to him. He was the obvious player's choice. At first, I thought hiring one of his assistants as DC would be a great sign that he would be the HC. I just didnt think it would happen till AFTER he was signed as HC. Now Williams is jobless and may not even except an offer from the skins. I HOPE they know something that the fans dont and he actually is going to be the HC. Who else would we get? Carrol turned it down. Fassel idea seems to have simmered down. Im not particularly intrigued by either assistant from the Pats or Giants. Williams would have made soo much sense. I just hope some how they have it in the works to sign him, although I view it as highly unlikely.

The only good thing I have read recently was Blache is good with personell and he is familiar with Williams' scheme. The skins website said he helped construct the bears def that was recently successful. But they never stated his position there. So im hoping he will take over the def and keep much of it the same as they really seemed to gel in the later part of the 07 season.

As for Zorn, to my knowledge the highest position he has held was QB coach. He did a good job with Hassleback. Im just a little worried about the switch to West Coast offense. How would a player llike Cooley fit into that? Im more worried about the offensive transition than the def. What do we do now, bring in Sennaca wallace, someone who KNOWS the system :*)
ksinghas
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Return to Washington Redskins