Official Oregon Ducks Thread - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to College Football

Official Oregon Ducks Thread

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: 2008 Oregon thread

Postby Metroid » Mon Sep 15, 2008 7:26 pm

deerayfan072 wrote:
Metroid wrote:
deerayfan072 wrote:USC game should suck, but your defense should make BSU Frosh QB look terrible

I heard you guys have a good red shirt frosh QB that they don't want to un red shirt

I think you're talking about Darron Thomas, but I don't that they actually redshirted him.

I heard they did and that it has now come up as a question on whether or not to unredshirt him the this injury :-?

Yeah I dunno, I guess I'm kinda out of the loop regarding him. I say just keep the redshirt on and roll with Masoli and Harper. They both have shown some skill so we'll see how this works out.

Masoli has a couple hundred yards and 2 TD's on the season and Harper has like 40 yards and a TD with another hundred rushing and a pair of TD's on the ground. Not crazy numbers but they seem serviceable. Between the two of them hopefully we can make it work or at least get by till Roper gets back. :-?
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby PattyB » Tue Sep 16, 2008 11:44 am

Man i cant wait for Saturday! Nice yellow? Are we supposed to wear yellow this week? I was going to rock my white jersey! Fortunately i have a yellow and a green one aswell haha! Metroid i highly agree with the 50/50 in the backfield idea you had... i wouldnt mind if we did the same with our Qb's.

Man i had a crappy week fantasy wise :( My team sucks

***mod edit: language***
QB Vick, Schaub
RB Rice, Gore, Brad, Hightow, Jacobs
WR V Jax, M Will T, Ocho, Marsh, Maclin
TE [b]Lewis[/b}
PattyB
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Metroid » Tue Sep 16, 2008 12:02 pm

I dunno on the color scheme for the gameday attire. Yeah Blount is to much of a force, to not give him a fair amount of carries is silly. As far as the QB's....we're at the 50/50 point with them now I'm sure. We only have 2 healthy QB's and neither has a start or has seen much game time at all, I'm sure they'll split time. :-?

Sucks about your fantasy team. :-/
Metroid

Postby PattyB » Wed Sep 17, 2008 10:30 am

I am high on Blount and Harper... your right tho they both dont have a whole lot of field experience... just a ton of upside and potential. How long is roper due to miss again? I didnt catch that artical.
stupid wednesday! Im ready for sat!
QB Vick, Schaub
TE [b]Lewis[/b}
PattyB
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Metroid » Wed Sep 17, 2008 10:38 am

PattyB wrote:I am high on Blount and Harper... your right tho they both dont have a whole lot of field experience... just a ton of upside and potential. How long is roper due to miss again? I didnt catch that artical.
stupid wednesday! Im ready for sat!

Reports say 2-4 weeks right now but he has a partially torn MCL...not good. I don't think the coaching staff will be rushing to get him back on the field. It's going to be the Masouli/Harper show for most likely the next 4 weeks. That game at USC in 3 weeks just got a little grimmer. :-D
Metroid

Postby PattyB » Thu Sep 18, 2008 11:16 am

Damn... That is a bad news. This week and Next week are going to be clutch for their developement then i will be keeping a shape eye on them. We will need to switch it up with harper cuz as stands everyone is thinking keeper, run, keeper, pass with harper... which was what he did.. i mean if i can tell what hes going to an defensive coach will beable as well... I hope he gets into some slant passes over the middle to Dickson or some HB Screens... something quick because they will be stacking the box on Harper. I really dont know much about Masoli except that appearently he has a arm cannon.
QB Vick, Schaub
TE [b]Lewis[/b}
PattyB
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Metroid » Thu Sep 18, 2008 11:37 am

Yeah Masoli has a VERY strong arm and is decent size, only 5-11 but he weighs 215, and is pretty strong I guess. Yup defenses are going to stack the box on Harper...they're going to stack the box on Masoli too, neither have shown much in the way of being able to stretch the field and until they do any sort of running game is gonna be tough. You're right on Harper, the coaches need to turn him loose some and let him try and move the ball with his arm, if he can it opens up the game for him to use his legs and our backs. Good thing we have a trio of good backs in Johnson, Blount, and Crenshaw.

Speaking of Crenshaw check out this sig I made for another Duck fan here. ;-D
Metroid

Postby PattyB » Thu Sep 18, 2008 11:58 am

That thing is sick! I think i want a Harper or Blount now since they are my new Favs! Your money at creating sig pics! So iv been trying to figure out your current ones... what is the Jonas Bros? Is it a joke? Are they real? Im so confused plus its way to much pink! Haha
QB Vick, Schaub
TE [b]Lewis[/b}
PattyB
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Metroid » Thu Sep 18, 2008 12:06 pm

PattyB wrote:That thing is sick! I think i want a Harper or Blount now since they are my new Favs! Your money at creating sig pics! So iv been trying to figure out your current ones... what is the Jonas Bros? Is it a joke? Are they real? Im so confused plus its way to much pink! Haha

Yeah the Jonas Bros. are real, some sort of new pop boy band. It's part of the hazing process I'm going through here for becoming a Cafe Moderator, actually there are three of us wearing the sigs and we all have a different "brother" as our avatar....I got Joe. I'm not wearing this by choice. %-6 :-b

If I can find some good images of Harper or Blount I'll hook you up. ;-D
Metroid

Postby PattyB » Thu Sep 18, 2008 12:13 pm

Sad day!... I dunno what the qualifications for A Moderator are but im not sure i could handle having that much pink haha! It is ALOT of pink! Haha hazing happens tho!
QB Vick, Schaub
TE [b]Lewis[/b}
PattyB
Head Coach
Head Coach

PreviousNext

Return to College Football