Official Oregon Ducks Thread - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to College Football

Official Oregon Ducks Thread

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: 2008 Oregon thread

Postby Nfl Fan » Wed Nov 12, 2008 6:26 pm

You seen the new unis?

:-?
Yo, Met... thanks for the sig! GO DUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This NEVER gets old and neither does THIS!!
Nfl Fan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Sandrock » Wed Nov 12, 2008 9:45 pm

I like the Helmets but the feathers just seem off. Ah well, will be missing my second home game in a row but will hopefully be able to get up for the Civil War (or else my tickets will just go to waste). Here's to both teams at 8-3 going in!
Sandrock
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Nfl Fan » Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:43 am

Sandrock wrote:I like the Helmets but the feathers just seem off. Ah well, will be missing my second home game in a row but will hopefully be able to get up for the Civil War (or else my tickets will just go to waste). Here's to both teams at 8-3 going in!

Me and Beaver fan agree on all counts! :-* :-b

Nfl Fan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Nfl Fan » Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:02 pm

:-b
I love the quote at the end of this article...

Will the Ducks be back in black?

By Rob Moseley

The Ducks tested a new green and black helmet in practice Wednesday, potentially the fourth different headgear option for the team in its dizzying array of possible uniform combinations.

Rumors abound that Oregon will debut a new black jersey Saturday against Arizona in Autzen Stadium at 3:30 p.m., but no player could say for sure Wednesday.

“Potentially,” UO senior receiver Jaison Williams said. “That’s been the buzz and rumor around here. I don’t have no inside tips or anything like that. I really can’t leak any information I don’t have.”

Quarterback Jeremiah Masoli and running back Jeremiah Johnson both said they anticipate suiting up in the black jerseys Saturday, but neither had seen them yet.

UO coach Mike Bellotti wouldn’t confirm whether a new jersey would be available Saturday, but said the speculation wouldn’t be a distraction to the team.

“I think it’s a little bit like Christmas,” Bellotti said. “You know it’s coming. You know it’s going to be there, you’re going to get some presents, but you don’t get to open it until a certain time.”

The new helmets aren’t completely black but a mix of black and dark green paints, without the glossy finish of Oregon’s three other helmets. They have a dark green face mask and the familiar yellow “O” logo on each side.

Johnson said he isn’t bothered by wearing a color, black, that is such a prominent element of rival Oregon State’s school colors.

“I think I speak for the whole town of Eugene when I say, black goes better with green and yellow,” Johnson said. “That’s my whole take on it. Black and orange don’t even look right to me. If that’s their color, we take it and make it look better.”

http://www.registerguard.com/csp/cms/si ... /story.csp

Nfl Fan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Nfl Fan » Mon Nov 17, 2008 2:06 pm

Nfl Fan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby PattyB » Mon Nov 17, 2008 4:52 pm

It would be crazy to take OState at Resers! Is that right if we beat OSU we get a bid into the rose bowl? It will be crazy thats for sure! If they make it to the Rose Bowl ill probably will be going!
QB Vick, Schaub
RB Rice, Gore, Brad, Hightow, Jacobs
WR V Jax, M Will T, Ocho, Marsh, Maclin
TE [b]Lewis[/b}
PattyB
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Nfl Fan » Mon Nov 17, 2008 4:57 pm

PattyB wrote:It would be crazy to take OState at Resers! Is that right if we beat OSU we get a bid into the rose bowl? It will be crazy thats for sure! If they make it to the Rose Bowl ill probably will be going!

It's a crazy tiebreaker. There could be a three way tie with nobody getting the clear cut tiebreaker. (we beat OSU who beat USC who beat us). Of course, that scenerio would have UCLA beating USC which ain't gonna happen. The other way we could get roses is to beat OSU and USC goes for a nat'l title which probably won't happen either because their final two games are against pretty weak opponants.

Good to see you here... been awfully quiet without you-know-who... :-S :-B

Nfl Fan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby PattyB » Tue Nov 18, 2008 3:50 pm

Well i hope that we do either Holiday or Rose.... both are in so cal. Im in need of a vacation! I've been to both venues aswell! So no biggy either way. BCS is too confusing they should do it like mens basketball! So there is alot of talk about the uni's around my office which is entirely Ducks! We wear jerseys on fridays. The main conclussion is that everyone hates the new black.... Maybe im just impartial but i thought they looked pretty sharp. There bitching about school colors but all i saw gold and green. I see black and white as neutral colors... You can play around with any veriations of them. So what are your guy's thoughts on the unis? i guess if i were to have a complaint it would be the feather stuff.
QB Vick, Schaub
TE [b]Lewis[/b}
PattyB
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Nfl Fan » Tue Nov 18, 2008 4:05 pm

PattyB wrote:Well i hope that we do either Holiday or Rose.... both are in so cal. Im in need of a vacation! I've been to both venues aswell! So no biggy either way. BCS is too confusing they should do it like mens basketball! So there is alot of talk about the uni's around my office which is entirely Ducks! We wear jerseys on fridays. The main conclussion is that everyone hates the new black.... Maybe im just impartial but i thought they looked pretty sharp. There bitching about school colors but all i saw gold and green. I see black and white as neutral colors... You can play around with any veriations of them. So what are your guy's thoughts on the unis? i guess if i were to have a complaint it would be the feather stuff.

Yellow! :-b

You live/work in Eugene? Where at?
Love the Ducks and hope for either of those bowls... but we got a big road game to win first! ;-)

Nfl Fan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby PattyB » Tue Nov 18, 2008 4:36 pm

Nfl Fan wrote:
PattyB wrote:Well i hope that we do either Holiday or Rose.... both are in so cal. Im in need of a vacation! I've been to both venues aswell! So no biggy either way. BCS is too confusing they should do it like mens basketball! So there is alot of talk about the uni's around my office which is entirely Ducks! We wear jerseys on fridays. The main conclussion is that everyone hates the new black.... Maybe im just impartial but i thought they looked pretty sharp. There bitching about school colors but all i saw gold and green. I see black and white as neutral colors... You can play around with any veriations of them. So what are your guy's thoughts on the unis? i guess if i were to have a complaint it would be the feather stuff.

Yellow! :-b

You live/work in Eugene? Where at?
Love the Ducks and hope for either of those bowls... but we got a big road game to win first! ;-)

Actually I live in Portland... work at a company called T3E we sell Telephone headsets like the ones for call centers or receptionists. We also have Gaming and Celly headsets as well! We can even do Phones and Polycom.

Where do you live and work?
QB Vick, Schaub
TE [b]Lewis[/b}
PattyB
Head Coach
Head Coach

PreviousNext

Return to College Football