Official Oregon Ducks Thread - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to College Football

Official Oregon Ducks Thread

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: 2008 Oregon thread

Postby Metroid » Fri Feb 08, 2008 4:24 pm

Nfl Fan wrote:
Metroid wrote:
Nfl Fan wrote:Wow. That's stunning.
Last I heard, they want to put it in one of the parking areas near Autzen.

That would make sense, there is some room there and they could use some of Autzens lots for parking or build a parking garage. :-?


And there's that big field (where Gameday set up... twice) 100 yards in front of the main gate.

.......................... :-D ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ :-D ............................

Yeah but they use that field for lots of things I'm not sure they want to lose it. :-?
Image
Metroid
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
Posts: 22544
Joined: 9 Oct 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Bringing the funk in P-Town!

Re: 2008 Oregon thread

Postby Metroid » Fri Feb 08, 2008 4:35 pm

Forget that last post, I was thinking of a different field. I know the one you're talking about now. And actually there is quite a bit of room there. That be sweet to have Autzen on one side of the river and the new Arena on the other. ;-D

Image

Where it says Gameday Stage. ;-D
Image
Metroid
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
Posts: 22544
Joined: 9 Oct 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Bringing the funk in P-Town!

Re: 2008 Oregon thread

Postby Nfl Fan » Fri Feb 08, 2008 5:31 pm

Metroid wrote:Forget that last post, I was thinking of a different field. I know the one you're talking about now. And actually there is quite a bit of room there. That be sweet to have Autzen on one side of the river and the new Arena on the other. ;-D

Image

Where it says Gameday Stage. ;-D


That'd be awesome!

But...
Looks like there is a bike trail and, uh... Eugene wouldn't have it! Can you imagine the fit they'd have if they tried to put a big beautiful complex up in place of their precious bike trail? :-b
Image
Yo, Met... thanks for the sig! GO DUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This NEVER gets old and neither does THIS!!
Nfl Fan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 6275
(Past Year: 2)
Joined: 18 May 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: AUTZEN!!!!!!

Re: 2008 Oregon thread

Postby Metroid » Sun Feb 24, 2008 1:29 pm

Jebus why the hell can't the Ducks play a complete game? they looked like they were gonna roll over USC and take it to UCLA in the first half of both games only to fall apart in the 2nd. Its like once a team turns up the D a little on em in the 2nd they can't make any adjustments. Man the Pac-10 is a rough place to be this year. %-6
Image
Metroid
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
Posts: 22544
Joined: 9 Oct 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Bringing the funk in P-Town!

Re: 2008 Oregon thread

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Sun Feb 24, 2008 3:02 pm

Metroid wrote:Jebus why the hell can't the Ducks play a complete game? they looked like they were gonna roll over USC and take it to UCLA in the first half of both games only to fall apart in the 2nd. Its like once a team turns up the D a little on em in the 2nd they can't make any adjustments. Man the Pac-10 is a rough place to be this year. %-6


Not in our house my friend. You better bring it for both halves if you want a chance to win.

Pac 10 is very tough this year. We are beating each other up. Every team but 1 has a overall winning record. 8-o
Image
Image
Cowboys 4 life
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 9515
(Past Year: 79)
Joined: 18 Jul 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Re: 2008 Oregon thread

Postby Metroid » Sun Feb 24, 2008 4:11 pm

Cowboys 4 life wrote:
Metroid wrote:Jebus why the hell can't the Ducks play a complete game? they looked like they were gonna roll over USC and take it to UCLA in the first half of both games only to fall apart in the 2nd. Its like once a team turns up the D a little on em in the 2nd they can't make any adjustments. Man the Pac-10 is a rough place to be this year. %-6


Not in our house my friend. You better bring it for both halves if you want a chance to win.

Both halves? Hell we brought it for the better part of 3 quarters! And thats my point! Why the hell do the Ducks keep failing to complete these much needed games? Seriously the trend with them seems to be that the team they are playing turns up the D a little in the 3rd and 4th quarter and they fold like a lawn chair. Then they show no ability to get themselves back in the game, and it seems like everybody late in the game other then Porter is afraid to take a shot. You can see it happening in almost every game they've lost. Jump out early sustain a lead for the majority of the game then once the defense gets a little physical they crumble. It's really disappointing because I had such high hopes for this season.

Pac 10 is very tough this year. We are beating each other up. Every team but 1 has a overall winning record. 8-o

I know right? It's crazy!

UCLA
12-2/24-3
Stanford
10-3/21-4
Washington State
9-6/21-6
USC
8-6/17-9
Arizona State
7-7/17-9
Arizona
7-7/17-10
California
6-7/15-9
Oregon
6-9/15-12
Washington
6-9/15-13
Oregon State
0-15/6-21

That is just plain nutz. Oregon has Oregon State, Arizona State, and Arizona left on their schedule. They're going to have to win out to get into the big dance without wining the Pac-10 tourney. They could maybe still get in if they drop just one of those 3 if it was to say ASU but if they lose to OSU or Arizona or both its curtains.
Image
Metroid
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
Posts: 22544
Joined: 9 Oct 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Bringing the funk in P-Town!

Re: 2008 Oregon thread

Postby Nfl Fan » Wed Feb 27, 2008 9:21 pm

ESPN... Oregon picked to finish at #3 in Pac 10.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3266729
Image
Yo, Met... thanks for the sig! GO DUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This NEVER gets old and neither does THIS!!
Nfl Fan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 6275
(Past Year: 2)
Joined: 18 May 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: AUTZEN!!!!!!

Re: 2008 Oregon thread

Postby Metroid » Sun Mar 09, 2008 4:13 pm

Nice the Ducks won out their last 3 games of the season, hopefully that will be enough to earn them a ticket to the big dance. 1 win in the Pac-10 tourney should for sure get them in but they face the Cougars in the first round. :-t
Image
Metroid
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
Posts: 22544
Joined: 9 Oct 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Bringing the funk in P-Town!

Re: 2008 Oregon thread

Postby Nfl Fan » Tue Mar 11, 2008 12:08 am

I can't wait for August 30th! B-)
Image
Yo, Met... thanks for the sig! GO DUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This NEVER gets old and neither does THIS!!
Nfl Fan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 6275
(Past Year: 2)
Joined: 18 May 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: AUTZEN!!!!!!

Re: 2008 Oregon thread

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Tue Mar 11, 2008 6:58 pm

Metroid wrote:Nice the Ducks won out their last 3 games of the season, hopefully that will be enough to earn them a ticket to the big dance. 1 win in the Pac-10 tourney should for sure get them in but they face the Cougars in the first round. :-t



Ehh, I think they'll get in even if they lose in the first round of the Pac 10 tourney. The bubble is relatively weak this year.
Image

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 7746
Joined: 11 May 2006
Home Cafe: Football
Location: The Big House

PreviousNext

Return to College Football

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 7:25 hours
(and 36 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact