Return to College Football

Official Oregon Ducks Thread

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: 2008 Oregon thread

Postby Metroid » Fri Jan 16, 2009 9:04 pm

Nfl Fan wrote:
Metroid wrote:In! ;-D

Pretty decent site, eh? ;-)

It is...it's much the same as this one yet different. I don't like that they allow giant pics as sigs, very distracting. I'll get used to it I guess. What's your handle there?
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Nfl Fan » Sun Jan 18, 2009 3:33 am

Metroid wrote:
Nfl Fan wrote:
Metroid wrote:In! ;-D

Pretty decent site, eh? ;-)

It is...it's much the same as this one yet different. I don't like that they allow giant pics as sigs, very distracting. I'll get used to it I guess. What's your handle there?

'oregon'
They just changed to this format, so everybody had to start over. I have one post, I think. !+)

No place will ever be the Cafe for me, dawg. :-B ;-)
Yo, Met... thanks for the sig! GO DUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This NEVER gets old and neither does THIS!!
Nfl Fan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)

Postby The Lung » Tue Jan 20, 2009 12:42 am

From: http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/2009/01/senior-bowl-day-1-recap/

SS Patrick Chung struggled playing the center field-type role during 11-on-11 drills. He was turned around a couple times and lacked the range and re-direction skills to make up for a false step. This looks like a trait that will follow him through his NFL career.
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 61)

Postby Metroid » Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:28 am

The Lung wrote:From: http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/2009/01/senior-bowl-day-1-recap/

SS Patrick Chung struggled playing the center field-type role during 11-on-11 drills. He was turned around a couple times and lacked the range and re-direction skills to make up for a false step. This looks like a trait that will follow him through his NFL career.

I don't remember him having this "trait." :-?
Metroid

Postby deerayfan072 » Tue Jan 20, 2009 7:16 pm

Many continue to speculate about whether Oregon offensive coordinator/coach-in-waiting Chip Kelly will take over the Ducks for the 2009 season.

Oregon's staff is experiencing some turnover, which is fueling speculation that Ducks coach Mike Bellotti will slide into the athletic director's chair sooner rather than later.

I am told the key indicator will be spring practice: If Bellotti still is coach during spring drills, then he will coach in the fall. So, if Kelly is going to take over in 2009, we should know by March.

http://collegefootball.rivals.com/conte ... CID=902244

Here you go guys ;-D
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Metroid » Wed Jan 21, 2009 11:06 am

deerayfan072 wrote:
Many continue to speculate about whether Oregon offensive coordinator/coach-in-waiting Chip Kelly will take over the Ducks for the 2009 season.

Oregon's staff is experiencing some turnover, which is fueling speculation that Ducks coach Mike Bellotti will slide into the athletic director's chair sooner rather than later.

I am told the key indicator will be spring practice: If Bellotti still is coach during spring drills, then he will coach in the fall. So, if Kelly is going to take over in 2009, we should know by March.

http://collegefootball.rivals.com/conte ... CID=902244

Here you go guys ;-D

I can't say I'd be at all bummed about that, still having Bellotti with the University and having Chip run the show. Kelly will make a fantastic head coach at Oregon. Unlike Bellotti though I can see Kelly jumping ship after some success at Oregon for a better job. Can't I'd blame him, we've been spoiled with Bellotti. :-? ;-D
Metroid

Postby The Lung » Wed Jan 21, 2009 8:40 pm

From Rotoworld:

RB Jeremiah Johnson – The former Oregon Duck impressed me today. Johnson showed great quickness and explosiveness as a runner. He has good cutback ability and is a player to keep an eye on for next season.
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Nfl Fan » Wed Jan 21, 2009 8:46 pm

The Lung wrote:From Rotoworld:

RB Jeremiah Johnson – The former Oregon Duck impressed me today. Johnson showed great quickness and explosiveness as a runner. He has good cutback ability and is a player to keep an eye on for next season.

Sweet. Any clue as to when he should be drafted?

Nfl Fan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby The Lung » Wed Jan 21, 2009 8:59 pm

Nfl Fan wrote:

While Jeremiah Johnson is reportedly the best pure runner on the North team, showing good speed in turning the corner, vision getting through the middle, and displaying good hands out of the backfield, he is viewed mostly as a nice change-of-pace back in the NFL. He's a second day pick for sure, and late in the third round is his likely ceiling.
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

Postby Nfl Fan » Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:25 pm

The Lung wrote:
Nfl Fan wrote:

While Jeremiah Johnson is reportedly the best pure runner on the North team, showing good speed in turning the corner, vision getting through the middle, and displaying good hands out of the backfield, he is viewed mostly as a nice change-of-pace back in the NFL. He's a second day pick for sure, and late in the third round is his likely ceiling.

Thanks, Lung! ;-D

Nfl Fan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

PreviousNext

Return to College Football