Official Oregon Ducks Thread - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to College Football

Official Oregon Ducks Thread

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: 2008 Oregon thread

Postby knapplc » Tue Jan 27, 2009 8:54 am

I don't know what Frosty knows about WRs, but his overall football acumen is top-notch. You guys got a good one:

Scott Frost, who quarterbacked Nebraska to a national title in 1997, has been named wide receivers coach at the University of Oregon, according to Ducks’ head coach Mike Bellotti.

The 34-year-old Frost served as co-defensive coordinator and linebackers coach at Northern Iowa last season after serving as linebackers coach in 2007.

In 2008, Northern Iowa finished tied for third in the Football Championship Subdivision in takeaways (40) and ninth in scoring defense. The Panthers dropped a 21-20 decision to Richmond in the national championship semifinals.

Frost owns the house two doors down from me. I've talked to him several times, and he's really friendly. He's got a really great chocolate Lab that I see running around the field out back once in a while. You guys make him feel at home for me, all right?
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Metroid » Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:50 pm

knapplc wrote:I don't know what Frosty knows about WRs, but his overall football acumen is top-notch. You guys got a good one:

Scott Frost, who quarterbacked Nebraska to a national title in 1997, has been named wide receivers coach at the University of Oregon, according to Ducks’ head coach Mike Bellotti.

The 34-year-old Frost served as co-defensive coordinator and linebackers coach at Northern Iowa last season after serving as linebackers coach in 2007.

In 2008, Northern Iowa finished tied for third in the Football Championship Subdivision in takeaways (40) and ninth in scoring defense. The Panthers dropped a 21-20 decision to Richmond in the national championship semifinals.

Frost owns the house two doors down from me. I've talked to him several times, and he's really friendly. He's got a really great chocolate Lab that I see running around the field out back once in a while. You guys make him feel at home for me, all right?

Glad to have him! To bad he didn't get here a year sooner to teach Jaison Williams how to actually catch footballs. :-B
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby Nfl Fan » Wed Jan 28, 2009 12:11 pm

Metroid wrote:To bad he didn't get here a year sooner to teach Jaison Williams how to actually catch footballs. :-B

Seriously...
you took the words right out of my mouth. :-B
Yo, Met... thanks for the sig! GO DUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This NEVER gets old and neither does THIS!!
Nfl Fan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)

Postby The Lung » Thu Feb 12, 2009 5:58 pm

From: http://blog.oregonlive.com/behindducksbeat/2009/02/blount_suspended.html

LeGarrette Blount, Terrance Pritchett suspended indefinitely from Ducks football team

Posted by John Hunt, The Oregonian February 10, 2009 18:35PM

EUGENE -- Oregon running back LeGarrette Blount, expected to carry the Ducks' rushing load in 2009, has been suspended indefinitely for "failure to fulfill team obligations." Blount and linebacker Terrance Pritchett will be barred from all football-related activities until further notice, according to a statement Oregon coach Mike Bellotti issued Tuesday.

Blount, a 6-foot-2, 240-pound transfer from East Mississippi CC, declined to comment on the matter. He burst onto the scene in Eugene last fall, combining a bruising running style that earned him the nickname "Blount Force Trauma" with a knack for hurdling smaller defenders on his way to a school-record 17 rushing touchdowns.

He also rushed for 1,002 yards and, with the departure of Jeremiah Johnson, would be in position to exceed that in his senior season.

continued...
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 73)

Postby Metroid » Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:02 pm

Oh my.....I'm speechless right now. 8-o
Metroid

Postby Metroid » Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:28 pm

OK...after reading some posts on a Ducks message board I'm under the impression this isn't too serious....yet. No one knows exactly what Blount did but a few people supposedly "in the know" are saying it's for academic reasons and this suspension is more to light a fire under Blount's arse. At this point I fully expect LGB to be suited up for spring practice....however it's up to Blount, this could spiral out of control if he isn't careful and doesn't get his shiz together. He had the chance to enter the draft at the end of last season and probably would have gotten paid but he chose to stay at UO mostly to up his stock I'm sure. Hard to do that if he isn't on the field, I'm sure he'll use this as a wake up call.

Pritchett on the other hand....well he's had his issues in the past. He's been suspended before and actually left the school for a short time. He's got all the talent in the world but he may be too much of a mess. I hope he too pulls his head out of his arse but I'm not holding my breath on him. Not having him would be a loss but not nearly as much as not having Blount.

In light of this though I'm crossing my fingers extra tight for Brown to decide to come run for the Ducks....just in case. :-o
Metroid

Postby The Lung » Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:18 am

Metroid wrote:In light of this though I'm crossing my fingers extra tight for Brown to decide to come run for the Ducks....just in case. :-o

Headlinin': Bryce Brown a Duck? There may be an opening.
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 73)

Postby Metroid » Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:55 am

The Lung wrote:
Metroid wrote:In light of this though I'm crossing my fingers extra tight for Brown to decide to come run for the Ducks....just in case. :-o

Headlinin': Bryce Brown a Duck? There may be an opening.

Yeah I read that about Brown. He Really likes coach Chip Kelly which is a plus since there is a chance he ends up as HC should Bellotti get the AD gig. Brown would flourish in Oregon's spread offense and it just seems like the perfect fit. If he wants a major role in a fast paced, high scoring, run heavy offense right away then Oregon is his school. I don't see that for him in Miami, at USC he'd spend a lot of time in the stable initially, and at LSU he'd be be stuck with 3 and 4 yard dives most every touch....just seems like that with the Tigers. He'd do well in Miami I suppose, they'd probably get him on the field in good time, I doubt as quick as Oregon would though. Oregon's style of ball just lends itself to helping a back like Brown really showcase their talent, if I were him it's be an easy choice...of course I'm a bit biased. :-b
Metroid

Postby Nfl Fan » Tue Feb 17, 2009 6:09 pm

Metroid wrote:a few people supposedly "in the know" are saying it's for academic reasons

Apparently, he resents the implication... :^

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/b ... aaf,141754

Nfl Fan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Nfl Fan » Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:19 pm

I miss football. :,-(

Nfl Fan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

PreviousNext

Return to College Football