Official Oregon Ducks Thread - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to College Football

Official Oregon Ducks Thread

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: 2008 Oregon thread

Postby Metroid » Fri Mar 13, 2009 3:06 pm

The Chip Kelly era has officially begun as the Bellotti era comes to a close....sort of. Bellotti resigns as HC but will become Oregon's AD. Though I'm a little bummed not having Bellotti on the sidelines I have great confidence in Chip Kelly and am excited to see him in the starting role. More than that I'm stoked Bellotti will remain in Eugene and not slip away to some other school. Good deal all the way around.

Linky

Bellotti steps down as Ducks football coach, clearing the way for Kelly

Posted by The Oregonian March 13, 2009 12:06PM

The Mike Bellotti era is officially over for the University of Oregon football team.

UO President Dave Frohnmayer announced today that Bellotti will become athletic director on July 1. Offensive coordinator Chip Kelly will take over as head coach at the beginning of spring practice on March 30, following the succession plan UO announced in December.

Between March 30 and July 1, Bellotti will serve as Senior Counselor to current athletic director Pat Kilkenny, who will step down on June 30.

Kilkenny, Bellotti and Kelly will discuss details of the transition and answer media questions at 11 a.m. Saturday, March 14, in the media interview room on the first floor of the Casanova Center, 2727 Leo Harris Parkway, Eugene.
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Nfl Fan » Fri Mar 13, 2009 6:46 pm

Let's hope they don't miss a step.

Prospects for '09 look pretty good, IMO. Lots of key guys returning and lots of talented new recruits. ;-D
Yo, Met... thanks for the sig! GO DUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This NEVER gets old and neither does THIS!!
Nfl Fan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)

Postby Metroid » Fri Mar 13, 2009 6:55 pm

Nfl Fan wrote:Let's hope they don't miss a step.

Prospects for '09 look pretty good, IMO. Lots of key guys returning and lots of talented new recruits. ;-D

Kelly has been pretty much running the offense for a while now and all the recruits are there because of him. I don't think they will miss a step at all. ;-)

I see Kelly as a little less conservative, unlike Bellotti I don't think he'll be taking the ball in at half time with time on the clock. :-D

The thing that worries me about Kelly is that I unlike Bellotti I could see him jumping ship for a more "premiere" job once he has some success. :-o
Metroid

Postby Nfl Fan » Sat Mar 14, 2009 3:08 pm

Metroid wrote:

Kelly has been pretty much running the offense for a while now and all the recruits are there because of him. I don't think they will miss a step at all. ;-)

I see Kelly as a little less conservative, unlike Bellotti I don't think he'll be taking the ball in at half time with time on the clock. :-D

The thing that worries me about Kelly is that I unlike Bellotti I could see him jumping ship for a more "premiere" job once he has some success. :-o

I read somewhere that Kelly as head coach could sway Bryce Brown to come our way. Dunno what history there is there, but I guess they got a good relationship.

Brown + Blount in the backfield with Masoli at the helm. Dang. :-*

Nfl Fan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Metroid » Sat Mar 14, 2009 5:37 pm

Nfl Fan wrote:
Metroid wrote:

I read somewhere that Kelly as head coach could sway Bryce Brown to come our way. Dunno what history there is there, but I guess they got a good relationship.

Brown + Blount in the backfield with Masoli at the helm. Dang. :-*

Bryce has said that he really likes Chip Kelly. Kelly was the one who recruited Brown and they just hit it off. I dunno bout Brown, he needs to pull his head out of his ass and make a decision. I think Miami is all but done with him and I bet USC wants nothing to do with him either.
Metroid

Postby Nfl Fan » Sat Mar 14, 2009 6:07 pm

Metroid wrote:Bryce has said that he really likes Chip Kelly. Kelly was the one who recruited Brown and they just hit it off. I dunno bout Brown, he needs to pull his head out of his ass and make a decision. I think Miami is all but done with him and I bet USC wants nothing to do with him either.

Last I heard he was in Tennessee yesterday and is also considering LSU and Kansas State.

http://www.govolsxtra.com/news/2009/mar ... artner=RSS

Nfl Fan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Metroid » Sat Mar 14, 2009 7:22 pm

Nfl Fan wrote:
Metroid wrote:Bryce has said that he really likes Chip Kelly. Kelly was the one who recruited Brown and they just hit it off. I dunno bout Brown, he needs to pull his head out of his ass and make a decision. I think Miami is all but done with him and I bet USC wants nothing to do with him either.

Last I heard he was in Tennessee yesterday and is also considering LSU and Kansas State.

http://www.govolsxtra.com/news/2009/mar ... artner=RSS

The way he's acting I wouldn't be at all surprised to hear him declare he's going to Cal tomorrow. He doesn't have a clue what he's doing and he's only hurting himself by letting his dumbass handlers lead him around the country like he's some sort of prince or something. It's college football man...you aren't saving lives, just make a choice.
Metroid

Postby The Lung » Fri Mar 20, 2009 1:39 pm

Oregon Pro Day recap: http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AjvDJ1mOhnbetgRWDvcrzaZDubYF?slug=ys-prodayrecap031809&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Oregon
OT Fenuki Tupou (6-foot-5, 313 pounds) ran his 40-yard dash in a time of 5.20 seconds and completed the short shuttle in 4.85 seconds. He’s slimmed down since the end of the season, and I can now possibly see his name coming off the board as early as the second round.

SS Patrick Chung (5-11, 209) was the real standout at Oregon’s pro day and looked impressive during position drills. He displayed good footwork and balance and could end up being the first safety off the board in April.

C Max Unger
stood on all his times from the NFL’s scouting combine in Indianapolis.

RB Jeremiah Johnson (5-9, 213) ran a 4.57 40 and a 4.26 short shuttle drill. His lack of elite top-end speed is obvious on tape, but he has the body control and quickness to make opponents miss and gain initial separation with an impressive first step.

The surprise of the day was the workout by DE/LB Nick Reed (6-2, 245), who ran a 4.71 40 and had a 31½-inch vertical jump. Reed was tremendously productive (13 sacks) last season but is being viewed at an array of positions in the NFL, including defensive end, outside linebacker, inside linebacker and even fullback.
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 61)

Postby Metroid » Fri Mar 20, 2009 3:54 pm

Glad to see Chung and Reed performed well. ;-D

Oh and FYI...not sure it was posted here but that little douche Brice Brown declared with Tennessee. :-[

:-b
Metroid

Postby Nfl Fan » Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:03 pm

Metroid wrote:little douche Brice Brown

Double Douche! :-t :-b

Nfl Fan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

PreviousNext

Return to College Football