Official Oregon Ducks Thread - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to College Football

Official Oregon Ducks Thread

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Official Oregon Ducks thread

Postby Sandrock » Fri Sep 04, 2009 3:04 pm

I dvr'ed the Outside the Lines piece, which I'm watching now. I would imagine the Pac-10 will probably give him 5 games. Congrats to James for his promotion to starting TB.
Sandrock
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Nfl Fan » Fri Sep 04, 2009 3:54 pm

Yo, Met... thanks for the sig! GO DUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This NEVER gets old and neither does THIS!!
Nfl Fan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)

Postby scottaa1 » Fri Sep 04, 2009 4:31 pm

no surprise there.

what's the guy's chances of getting drafted after being suspended his senior year over something like this? I completely agree with the suspension but I don't want to see the young man's future flushed away - I doubt he was preparing for a career in social working or accounting as a faullback position.
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)

Postby Metroid » Fri Sep 04, 2009 5:45 pm

So the Ducks levied this suspension themselves huh? The entire season is pretty harsh, though that was my initial thought. Good for Oregon for doing the right thing though, this sends a strong message to everyone else on the team that crap like that will not be tolerated.

Hopefully this has some sort of gelling impact on the team. :-o

Oh, I think he can make an NFL roster but I don't know that he'll be drafted....tough to tell really.
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby KCollins1304 » Fri Sep 04, 2009 5:55 pm

Metroid wrote:
Sandrock wrote:Some good sportsmanship by Blount Force Trauma after the game was over. Hope he enjoys his suspension.

Nice Dig. Anyway...suspension? Please...he should never see the football field again. That was one of the most disgusting displays I have ever seen in any sport. I am embarrassed as a Ducks fan and even even more embarrassed as a sports fan. If he sees the field again in Oregon I'd be very surprised.

Metroid wrote:I have been drinking so forgive me....but I have never be so embarrassed as a sports fan before. Not just as a Ducks fan but as a sports fan in general. A loss to Boise would have been one thing, they are ranked. But what Blount did.....makes me embarrassed as a sports fan in general. That is not Ducks football, that is not what Ducks football is about. :-/

I found a lot of humor in how you were repeating yourself like drunk people that keep harping on the same point. :-b

I'm surprised that they suspended him the whole season. I know it sucks for your current season, but you should be proud of your team for taking a stand against his actions. It's similar to when VT finally cut loose Marcus Vick, but really they let him get away with a lot of crap for too long even. It made me feel good to get rid of his useless crap even though it hurt the team's chances of winning substantially.
KCollins1304
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Metroid » Fri Sep 04, 2009 6:13 pm

KCollins1304 wrote:I found a lot of humor in how you were repeating yourself like drunk people that keep harping on the same point. :-b

Yup I was one of those drunk people last night. :-b
KCollins1304 wrote:I'm surprised that they suspended him the whole season. I know it sucks for your current season, but you should be proud of your team for taking a stand against his actions. It's similar to when VT finally cut loose Marcus Vick, but really they let him get away with a lot of crap for too long even. It made me feel good to get rid of his useless crap even though it hurt the team's chances of winning substantially.

I do feel proud that Oregon took a stand and did what needed to be done. And really I don't know for sure that this does suck for our current season, if we use last night as a measuring stick, Oregon isn't going to have much of a season anyway. Again I really hope this has a gelling impact on the team...now it's up to the other "La" freshman LaMichael James to carry the workload at RB with Andre Crenshaw. I haven't given up on this season just yet, I know they looked absolutely awful last night but they get a tune up game at home next week before another test at home against highly ranked Utah. Then it's into conference play against Cal.
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby deerayfan072 » Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:37 pm

too severe
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Nfl Fan » Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:07 pm

deerayfan072 wrote:too severe

Y'know, if he'd have just popped the guy and left it at that, I'd agree with a two game suspension. But when you see him going postal on his teammates and the fans... he practically needed a straight jacket. It made me sick.
Yo, Met... thanks for the sig! GO DUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This NEVER gets old and neither does THIS!!
Nfl Fan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)

Postby Sandrock » Sat Sep 05, 2009 1:50 am

I feel bad for Garrett Embry.
Sandrock
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby The Lung » Sat Sep 05, 2009 9:45 am

scottaa1 wrote:what's the guy's chances of getting drafted after being suspended his senior year over something like this? I completely agree with the suspension but I don't want to see the young man's future flushed away - I doubt he was preparing for a career in social working or accounting as a faullback position.

His draft stock just went in the crapper.

He was thought to be a potential 1st or 2nd rounder and imo now he's late round material because of character issues.
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 68)

PreviousNext

Return to College Football