Official Oregon Ducks Thread - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to College Football

Official Oregon Ducks Thread

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Official Oregon Ducks thread

Postby Metroid » Sat Sep 05, 2009 11:53 am

Nfl Fan wrote:
deerayfan072 wrote:too severe


Y'know, if he'd have just popped the guy and left it at that, I'd agree with a two game suspension. But when you see him going postal on his teammates and the fans... he practically needed a straight jacket. It made me sick.

Yeah I have to agree, it may be a little on the harsh side but really it had to happen this way. You have a new coach and a new AD both sending a message that this type of behavior will not be tolerated by anyone, not even your star runningback.

Maybe someone knows the answer to this. How does effect his being able to leave Oregon and play for another school? Could he transfer to a much smaller school, sit out a year and be eligible to play next year?

And I wonder if he's ever been redshirted and if that is available to him. :-?
Image
Metroid
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
Posts: 22544
Joined: 9 Oct 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Bringing the funk in P-Town!

Re: Official Oregon Ducks thread

Postby Nfl Fan » Sat Sep 05, 2009 1:18 pm

Metroid wrote:
Nfl Fan wrote:
deerayfan072 wrote:too severe


Y'know, if he'd have just popped the guy and left it at that, I'd agree with a two game suspension. But when you see him going postal on his teammates and the fans... he practically needed a straight jacket. It made me sick.

Yeah I have to agree, it may be a little on the harsh side but really it had to happen this way. You have a new coach and a new AD both sending a message that this type of behavior will not be tolerated by anyone, not even your star runningback.

Maybe someone knows the answer to this. How does effect his being able to leave Oregon and play for another school? Could he transfer to a much smaller school, sit out a year and be eligible to play next year?

And I wonder if he's ever been redshirted and if that is available to him. :-?


Don't know. He's a senior so I don't think he could play next year. Chip said that Blount would keep his scholorship and stay on the team this year... but that he couldn't play on Saturdays.

Hmmm. Civil War is a Thursday.
Image
Yo, Met... thanks for the sig! GO DUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This NEVER gets old and neither does THIS!!
Nfl Fan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 6275
(Past Year: 2)
Joined: 18 May 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: AUTZEN!!!!!!

Re: Official Oregon Ducks thread

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Sat Sep 19, 2009 5:28 pm

Someone whose watching the game- what's going on here? Is Utah turning it on or are the Ducks just rolling over?
Image

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 7746
Joined: 11 May 2006
Home Cafe: Football
Location: The Big House

Re: Official Oregon Ducks thread

Postby Nfl Fan » Sat Sep 19, 2009 6:31 pm

A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:Someone whose watching the game- what's going on here? Is Utah turning it on or are the Ducks just rolling over?


If you're talking about the 14 points in a few seconds, Utah scored and then picked up a fumble for a TD on the next Duck possession.

Happy to get out of there with a W! :-°
Image
Yo, Met... thanks for the sig! GO DUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This NEVER gets old and neither does THIS!!
Nfl Fan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 6275
(Past Year: 2)
Joined: 18 May 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: AUTZEN!!!!!!

Re: Official Oregon Ducks thread

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Tue Sep 22, 2009 6:22 pm

Nfl Fan wrote:
A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:Someone whose watching the game- what's going on here? Is Utah turning it on or are the Ducks just rolling over?


If you're talking about the 14 points in a few seconds, Utah scored and then picked up a fumble for a TD on the next Duck possession.

Happy to get out of there with a W! :-°


Yeah, that's what I was talking about. The game wasn't on here, so I was curious. Good win for the Ducks nonetheless.
Image

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 7746
Joined: 11 May 2006
Home Cafe: Football
Location: The Big House

Re: Official Oregon Ducks thread

Postby Metroid » Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:57 pm

A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:
Nfl Fan wrote:
A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:Someone whose watching the game- what's going on here? Is Utah turning it on or are the Ducks just rolling over?


If you're talking about the 14 points in a few seconds, Utah scored and then picked up a fumble for a TD on the next Duck possession.

Happy to get out of there with a W! :-°


Yeah, that's what I was talking about. The game wasn't on here, so I was curious. Good win for the Ducks nonetheless.

A win? Yes. A good win? I dunno. It was a win and I'll take it but, other than our D/ST, I didn't see much against Utah that makes me at all excited about this weeks game against Cal.

Masoli attempted 4...that's right 4 passes in the 2nd half, and 4 is exactly how many passes he completed in the entire game. If he has anything close to that kind of showing against Cal we are going to get run off the field by the end of the first quarter.

Darron Thomas anyone? :-/
Image
Metroid
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
Posts: 22544
Joined: 9 Oct 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Bringing the funk in P-Town!

Re: Official Oregon Ducks thread

Postby Nfl Fan » Wed Sep 23, 2009 6:45 pm

Metroid wrote:Darron Thomas anyone? :-/


Image

Frankly, I love the guy. He could be the second coming of Dennis Dixon. The guys's got great skills and athleticism. I just hate to see him burn a red shirt when we've got Masoli and Costa.

Costa.

So disappointing. I watched him do mop-up duty a couple years ago against Portland State as a freshman. What a talented guy. It's too bad he's always had the injury bug. He's a better passer than Masoli, but that's about as far as it goes.

I think our problems stem more to the O-line than it does Masoli, although I've seen him pull a few head-scratchers this year. This week is HUGE!! After, we get a bye versus WSU. But if we lose to Cal, our season will shape up to be mediocre at best.
Image
Yo, Met... thanks for the sig! GO DUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This NEVER gets old and neither does THIS!!
Nfl Fan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 6275
(Past Year: 2)
Joined: 18 May 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: AUTZEN!!!!!!

Re: Official Oregon Ducks thread

Postby Metroid » Wed Sep 23, 2009 7:50 pm

Um...didn't he burn his redshirt last year coming in when Masoli got KOed? I'm a little fuzzy on the requirements for retaining redshirt status though, was it that he only came in for one game so he's allowed to keep the redshirt? provided he sits out this entire season?

Anyway I've heard that Costa is ripping it up in practice. I'd almost like to see him in the starting role with Masoli spelling him and coming in for "wildcats" and gimmic type plays. Yes our O line has it's problems but they've played well enough for us to compete. It's Masoli who has been greatly underperforming. It's not like he's getting hurried on every single play, he's getting pressured more than last year, but overall he's had enough time on plays to get the ball out, he's just not getting it done. I hate to keep harping on this but 4 total completions against Cal will mean a complete dismantling for us. Hopefully this will be his coming out party for the season.....no better time than against Cal. :-°

Really from what I've seen so far I'd be happy with just a mediocre season. %-6
Image
Metroid
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
Posts: 22544
Joined: 9 Oct 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Bringing the funk in P-Town!

Re: Official Oregon Ducks thread

Postby Nfl Fan » Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:25 pm

Met... I expect to hear you loud and clear...

Best: " No crowd usually gets to me... Oregon is the only one that stands out in my mind that has gotten to me. I was just like, 'Shut up!' "

"The biggest thing I remembered about that game (in '07) was the crowd noise was crazy," Best said. "Any other away game I don't even hear the crowd. Oregon was the only place where it really got on my nerves."
Image
Yo, Met... thanks for the sig! GO DUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This NEVER gets old and neither does THIS!!
Nfl Fan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 6275
(Past Year: 2)
Joined: 18 May 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: AUTZEN!!!!!!

Re: Official Oregon Ducks thread

Postby Metroid » Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:53 pm

Oh you will! Dude the Ducks are wearing throwbacks this Saturday!!!! I believe the old school yellow helmets with the "UO" on the side, and the kelly green jerseys! B-)

http://www.registerguard.com/csp/cms/si ... /story.csp

Like this...
Image
;-D
Image
Metroid
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
Posts: 22544
Joined: 9 Oct 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Bringing the funk in P-Town!

PreviousNext

Return to College Football

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 14:39 hours
(and 43 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact