Official Oregon Ducks Thread - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to College Football

Official Oregon Ducks Thread

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Official Oregon Ducks thread

Postby Metroid » Fri Sep 25, 2009 1:29 pm

I called all the Duck shops here in Portland and none of them are carrying the throwbacks, only at the stadium Duck shop. So I called there and they are sold out. I rally wanted on of those, I mean I can still order one, but I really wanted one to wear it to the game. :,-(

Oh well, I'm off to Eugene! Talk to you all in a couple days! GO DUCKS!!!! B-)
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Nfl Fan » Fri Sep 25, 2009 3:00 pm

Metroid wrote:Oh well, I'm off to Eugene! Talk to you all in a couple days! GO DUCKS!!!! B-)

GO DUCKS!!!
Be loud, Metroid, be loud! ;-D
Yo, Met... thanks for the sig! GO DUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This NEVER gets old and neither does THIS!!
Nfl Fan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Sat Sep 26, 2009 5:13 pm

Soooo I think it's safe to say that Oregon is a force to be reckoned with.

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Sandrock » Sat Sep 26, 2009 5:39 pm

A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:Soooo I think it's safe to say that Oregon is a force to be reckoned with.

I think that's a bit premature. 2 weeks ago they barely beat a Purdue team that lost to NIU at home the next week. Last week they beat a highly overrated Utah team, at home. This win is better, but I had suspicions about CAL to being with.

They need to go on the road and do it. If they can do that, then they're a force to be reckoned with. They're lucky this year to have most of their tough Pac-10 games at home.
Sandrock
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Sat Sep 26, 2009 6:06 pm

Sandrock wrote:
A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:Soooo I think it's safe to say that Oregon is a force to be reckoned with.

I think that's a bit premature. 2 weeks ago they barely beat a Purdue team that lost to NIU at home the next week. Last week they beat a highly overrated Utah team, at home. This win is better, but I had suspicions about CAL to being with.

They need to go on the road and do it. If they can do that, then they're a force to be reckoned with. They're lucky this year to have most of their tough Pac-10 games at home.

I'm not suggesting they're going to make the Rose Bowl or anything, but I do mean that in any given game, they could give pretty much any team a good game.

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Nfl Fan » Sat Sep 26, 2009 7:01 pm

A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:
Sandrock wrote:

I'm not suggesting they're going to make the Rose Bowl or anything, but I do mean that in any given game, they could give pretty much any team a good game.

Oh, I'd say that when it's week 4 and you CRUSH the highest ranked team in the Pac 10 that Roses is something that you could at least think about. USC is vunerable. UCLA looks to be pretty tough and we have to go there. You never know what to expect out of the Arizonas. UW is a force. And we'll finish off the year laying another beatdown on OSEwe.

Seriously, the Duck team we saw today could run the table... IF they play like that every week.

Nfl Fan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Metroid » Sun Sep 27, 2009 1:36 am

Just backfrom the game....well not just back, but yeah. Anyway, no the Ducks are not a "force" to be delt with, unless you're a ranked team and want to play in Autzen....as usual. I love what the Ducks showed me today, but like the beavs fan said, we have to do that on the road. We looked fantastic today, on all sides of the ball. But we have to put that together for the season...K I'm drunk...talk later. tired of hearing bout Tebow sprained his dumb arse and has a badcold......boo hoo. :-B
Metroid

Postby Metroid » Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:29 pm

Metroid

Postby Nfl Fan » Fri Oct 02, 2009 1:03 pm

Metroid wrote:Blount 2nd chance? 8-o

Yeah, I heard about it this morning. The punishment was excessive, IMHO, but it was good PR to put it behind us at the time.

It'll be interesting to see how it all plays out.

While some will now commence their self-righteous fulminating about the need for Blount to suffer, suffer, suffer for punching a Boise State player who was taunting him, clear-thinking folks will recognize this as a good call.

Nfl Fan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Metroid » Fri Oct 02, 2009 1:45 pm

Yeah I have said since the punishment was handed down that it was excessive. I'm not sure how I feel about Kelly and the University changing their minds though. Some people will read it as the program being soft while others will read it as just being compassionate. This could have been handled better initially by simply suspending him for the season with the possibility of reinstatement after say six games. It's a good thing the program is winning without him, this would have looked a lot worse had the Ducks been in a tailspin.
Metroid

PreviousNext

Return to College Football