Official Oregon Ducks Thread - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to College Football

Official Oregon Ducks Thread

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Official Oregon Ducks thread

Postby scottaa1 » Fri Oct 02, 2009 1:49 pm

they should just let them handle it like men... the guy that he punched should get a free shot at him, and call it even.
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Nfl Fan » Fri Oct 02, 2009 3:55 pm

Metroid wrote:Yeah I have said since the punishment was handed down that it was excessive. I'm not sure how I feel about Kelly and the University changing their minds though. Some people will read it as the program being soft while others will read it as just being compassionate. This could have been handled better initially by simply suspending him for the season with the possibility of reinstatement after say six games. It's a good thing the program is winning without him, this would have looked a lot worse had the Ducks been in a tailspin.

From what I've seen, most are in favor of it because the origional punishment seemed extreme. This stuff happens periodically and NOBODY gets suspended for the season. I've said a few times that I'll bet Blount plays again this year.

And I agree... it's good that we're winning...

scottaa1 wrote:they should just let them handle it like men... the guy that he punched should get a free shot at him, and call it even.

Or we could just let them...

... but then Blount would make Hout look goofy again. :-b
Yo, Met... thanks for the sig! GO DUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This NEVER gets old and neither does THIS!!
Nfl Fan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)

Postby Sandrock » Fri Oct 02, 2009 7:47 pm

I'd put money on Hout over Blount in an MMA fight. The dude is from the backwater of Idaho, he probably spent most of his life fighting.
Sandrock
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Metroid » Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:23 pm

Sandrock wrote:I'd put money on Hout over Blount in an MMA fight. The dude is from the backwater of Idaho, he probably spent most of his life fighting.

Spent most of his life fighting? Dude can't take a punch...we've seen the proof.
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby Sandrock » Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:42 pm

Metroid wrote:
Sandrock wrote:I'd put money on Hout over Blount in an MMA fight. The dude is from the backwater of Idaho, he probably spent most of his life fighting.

Spent most of his life fighting? Dude can't take a punch...we've seen the proof.

I didn't see any proof. He took a sucker punch and popped right back up. Why is it only Oregon fans that are under the delusion that Hout was sprawled out unconscious on the ground?
Sandrock
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Nfl Fan » Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:52 pm

Sandrock wrote:Why is it only Oregon fans that are under the delusion that Hout was sprawled out unconscious on the ground?

Huh. I haven't seen ONE Oregon fan suggest any such thing. :-? What I did see was a knucklehead with not a brain in his head pop off to an angry black man and turn his head as said angry black man was delivering a well timed right cross.

Typical Beaver. ;-7

Nfl Fan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Metroid » Fri Oct 02, 2009 11:48 pm

Sandrock wrote:
Metroid wrote:

I didn't see any proof. He took a sucker punch and popped right back up. Why is it only Oregon fans that are under the delusion that Hout was sprawled out unconscious on the ground?

What are you babbling about? Did I say he was sprawled out unconscious on the ground? Put your Beaver fur paintbrush away and quit trying to paint all Ducks fans into one picture. I said he couldn't take a punch, and he didn't. Sucker punch or not he was done, if there was another one behind that one he would have been sprawled out. :-S

Whatever dude, you're just using our joking around with the situation as an opportunity to insert your dislike of the Ducks and try and ruffle feathers. The only reason you say you'd take Hout in some imaginary fight against Blount is because Blount plays for the Ducks. You could just say that. Like it matters Hout is from upriver wherever Idaho, I have cousins in Idaho, I don't think any of them have gotten the memo that they are supposed to be good fighters. You'd take anyone against Blount...if it was Jake Locker you'd say "oh I'd put money on Locker, he's from the mean streets of Bellingham, Washington!" :-b

It's all good though. ;-)
Metroid

Postby Sandrock » Sat Oct 03, 2009 3:23 am

There's no colored glasses here; I lived in Idaho for 3 years and some of those backwater Idaho guys are kinda scary. If Blount played for OSU, I'd say the same thing. I have no problem with U of O itself. My problem lies with the massive amounts of arrogant and overbearing fans, which unfortunately UO possesses in abundance.

That being said, this whole incident continues a run of bad publicity for both State of Oregon programs. If it's not one thing, it's another and both football teams are continually popping up in the news with embarrassing incidents.
Sandrock
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Nfl Fan » Sat Oct 03, 2009 8:25 am

Sandrock wrote:There's no colored glasses here; I lived in Idaho for 3 years and some of those backwater Idaho guys are kinda scary. If Blount played for OSU, I'd say the same thing. I have no problem with U of O itself. My problem lies with the massive amounts of arrogant and overbearing fans, which unfortunately UO possesses in abundance.

That being said, this whole incident continues a run of bad publicity for both State of Oregon programs. If it's not one thing, it's another and both football teams are continually popping up in the news with embarrassing incidents.

The only embarrassing thing I've seen lately out of Oregon is OSewe's inability to win at home. Two in a row??? :-* Wow. And let's not mention the biggest game they've had in years....

:-D

I'd feel bad being a rodent fan too. You know, always being the little kid sister to the Ducks. Must be kind of... humiliating.

Nfl Fan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Metroid » Sat Oct 03, 2009 9:38 am

Sandrock wrote:That being said, this whole incident continues a run of bad publicity for both State of Oregon programs. If it's not one thing, it's another and both football teams are continually popping up in the news with embarrassing incidents.

Something we can both absolutely agree on. I think, and I think you'd agree, that this is what happens when you have two programs both struggling to stay on the verge of greatness. Often times they take chances they think will help push them over the fence, for instance taking in some guys with questionable character. We both know that are programs are notorious for doing this, most times it really works out, and our teams are hailed as compassionate. But sometimes it doesn't and they are ridiculed for "taking in thugs." It's really a tough spot to be in.

I feel the situation is kind of unique. Set the act itself aside, and how it reflects on the state of Oregon, and focus on just the aftermath. Blount's suspension was way too extreme. Like you I can take off my colored glasses, this isn't coming from a Duck fan, it's coming from a sports fan. Most everyone I've talked to agrees that basically ending Blount's college career is way too harsh. 3 games, 4 games, half the season? Sure. But a season long suspension was just too much.

What is making Oregon look bad now is one little word they should have used in the first place..."indefinite." At least give the guy the chance to earn his way back onto the field. Players have done much worse and have not completely lost their right to play football. I think this was the result of a new head couch feeling his program could be spinning out of control and he wanted to show he had complete control. It was a bit knee jerk and I think upon reflection he realized it. I don't buy what Kelly said yesterday that he and Blount had already had a contract in place where he can earn his way back. I mean I'm sure they do now, but that wasn't in place at the time of the suspension. Otherwise he would have used that magic word "indefinite."

Really I think Kelly is still being too harsh, he says Blount won't be able to come back till at the earliest the Stanford game? That's only 4 games left in the season. He should be able to make his return at the USC game (OK maybe a little green and yellow glasses talk there :-B ) but still, that would be a hefty 6 game suspension.
Metroid

PreviousNext

Return to College Football