Official Oregon Ducks Thread - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to College Football

Official Oregon Ducks Thread

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Official Oregon Ducks Thread

Postby Metroid » Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:15 pm

Sandrock wrote:
Metroid wrote:
Sandrock wrote:Gameday is Oregon's curse so far. 2000, win on Gameday, loss to Beavers. 2007, two wins on Gameday, loss to Beavers. 2009, win on Gameday, loss to Beavers?

Yup it has been our curse, hopefully we can snap that this year. That loss to the Beavs in 2000 was crushing, the thing that made that one so hard to swallow was that the Ducks rolled through ASU on Gameday and won the next 6 games, including the "Miracle in the Desert", before dropping the final in Corvallis. The one in 2007 wasn't much of a surprise, that Ducks team got up too high for that ASU game, and then fell off, dropping their final three games of the season including the closer to OSU.

I don't wanna think about the Civil War yet though, before we can break the curse or crap the be bed again we first have to get through USC. That's not going to be a walk in the park.

Wasn't the 2000 Gameday vs UCLA?

EDIT: Staying home from work with the Swine flu is not recommended. I have nothing to do but read this forum. Someone post a reply already. 8-o

Yeah you're right, I said "we rolled through ASU on Gameday" and then mentioned the "Miracle in the Desert." :-B We did not play ASU twice that season. :-B

Do you really have the swine flu? Or just the flu flu? Either way that blows, hope you are feeling better. I've been lucky to avoid it thus far even though it seems like every other person at school is sick. :-o
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Sandrock » Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:47 pm

I definitely do not have Swine flu. Hoping to be well enough to hit the game on Saturday though. I've missed more home games than I've been to this year.
Sandrock
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Metroid » Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:51 pm

Sandrock wrote:I definitely do not have Swine flu. Hoping to be well enough to hit the game on Saturday though. I've missed more home games than I've been to this year.

Well that's good. I know the regular flu junk that's going around is pretty nasty too though. :-t

I've only been to one, just the Cal game, I was really hoping to get to the SC game this weekend but I just can't do it. Hopefully I'll make it for the ASU game or at least the Civil War.
Metroid

Postby Nfl Fan » Thu Oct 29, 2009 12:11 am

Metroid wrote:
Sandrock wrote:I definitely do not have Swine flu. Hoping to be well enough to hit the game on Saturday though. I've missed more home games than I've been to this year.

Well that's good. I know the regular flu junk that's going around is pretty nasty too though. :-t

I've only been to one, just the Cal game, I was really hoping to get to the SC game this weekend but I just can't do it. Hopefully I'll make it for the ASU game or at least the Civil War.

Well, I hope Sandy gets to the game. Sucks to miss stuff like that 'cause you're not feeling good.

Saturday at Autzen should be SICK! They're calling for a blackout... everybody in black. I imagine our Duckies will be black on black as well. I can't wait. It's gonna be crazy. Gameday, Pac 10 on the line... It'll be as loud as I've ever heard the place! Woot woot.. GO DUCKS!!!

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

(just warming up) :-D
Yo, Met... thanks for the sig! GO DUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This NEVER gets old and neither does THIS!!
Nfl Fan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)

Postby Art Vandelay » Fri Oct 30, 2009 11:01 am

I'll be there! With everythign that's riding on this game, the national TV audience, Gameday, Halloween, etc., the atmosphere should be pretty crazy. I think the Ducks are going to pull it off.
Art Vandelay
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Metroid » Fri Oct 30, 2009 11:55 am

Art Vandelay wrote:I'll be there! With everythign that's riding on this game, the national TV audience, Gameday, Halloween, etc., the atmosphere should be pretty crazy. I think the Ducks are going to pull it off.

Lucky....wear black. ;-D
Metroid

Postby Art Vandelay » Fri Oct 30, 2009 12:50 pm

Metroid wrote:
Art Vandelay wrote:I'll be there! With everythign that's riding on this game, the national TV audience, Gameday, Halloween, etc., the atmosphere should be pretty crazy. I think the Ducks are going to pull it off.

Lucky....wear black. ;-D

Not likely, as I'll be "working." It's generally frowned upon to take part in those kinds of things when you're in the press box, unfortunately.
Art Vandelay
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Metroid » Fri Oct 30, 2009 1:10 pm

Art Vandelay wrote:
Metroid wrote:

Lucky....wear black. ;-D

Not likely, as I'll be "working." It's generally frowned upon to take part in those kinds of things when you're in the press box, unfortunately.

I didn't say wear black with a big yellow O on it. Just wear a black shirt...I mean it is Halloween after all. :-B
Metroid

Postby scottaa1 » Fri Oct 30, 2009 1:46 pm

Art Vandelay wrote:
Metroid wrote:

Lucky....wear black. ;-D

black is zombie marv alberts favorite flavor.
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)

Postby iky » Fri Oct 30, 2009 6:26 pm

Hey guys!
Matt Barkley sends y'all warm Cardinal and Gold hello ))

soty is tha man!
iky
Head Coach
Head Coach

PreviousNext

Return to College Football