Official Oregon Ducks Thread - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to College Football

Official Oregon Ducks Thread

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Official Oregon Ducks Thread

Postby Nfl Fan » Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:58 pm

Wow... same record as USC, beat them silly a week ago, and ranked 4 spots below. We could actually be Pac 10 champs in a few weeks and them be ranked higher than us. So much for all the pundits who said they could never put us above Boise State because of the head-to-head. :-t

On a positive... Beavs replaced Cal in the top 25. Good good good. We may have the makings of an epic Civil War.
Yo, Met... thanks for the sig! GO DUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This NEVER gets old and neither does THIS!!
Nfl Fan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Metroid » Mon Nov 09, 2009 4:20 pm

Blount reinstated today. Maybe they should have reinstated him last week, maybe they could have plugged him in at linebacker to slow down Gerhart. :-[

:-b

Linkage
Oregon running back LeGarrette Blount, who was suspended for the season after punching a Boise State player in the wake of the season opener, has been allowed to rejoin the Ducks.

The university requested Blount's reinstatement, which was approved by Pacific-10 Conference Commissioner Larry Scott on Monday.

Blount will be able to play for the Ducks (No. 13 BCS, No. 14 AP) on Saturday night when they host Arizona State. He missed eight games.

Blount issued a statement saying he was grateful to Oregon coach Chip Kelly for giving him a second chance.
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby Nfl Fan » Mon Nov 09, 2009 4:45 pm

Metroid wrote:Blount reinstated today. Maybe they should have reinstated him last week, maybe they could have plugged him in at linebacker to slow down Gerhart. :-[

You don't mean what I think you mean, do you? }:-) }:-) }:-)

Nfl Fan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Metroid » Mon Nov 09, 2009 4:56 pm

Nfl Fan wrote:
Metroid wrote:Blount reinstated today. Maybe they should have reinstated him last week, maybe they could have plugged him in at linebacker to slow down Gerhart. :-[

I dunno, what do you think I mean? :-B
Metroid

Postby WaCougMBS » Mon Nov 09, 2009 5:18 pm

Linkage
Oregon running back LeGarrette Blount, who was suspended for the season after punching a Boise State player in the wake of the season opener, has been allowed to rejoin the Ducks.

The university requested Blount's reinstatement, which was approved by Pacific-10 Conference Commissioner Larry Scott on Monday.

Blount will be able to play for the Ducks (No. 13 BCS, No. 14 AP) on Saturday night when they host Arizona State. He missed eight games.

Blount issued a statement saying he was grateful to Oregon coach Chip Kelly for giving him a second chance.

As OU fans, what's your guys' take on this situation (the reinstatement that is)? I have picked the brains of a few Ducks homers I'm friends with and heard vastly different answers :-?
Av/sig by deluxe_247
WaCougMBS

Radio PimpEditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Nfl Fan » Mon Nov 09, 2009 5:34 pm

Metroid wrote:
Nfl Fan wrote:

I dunno, what do you think I mean? :-B

Um... Gerhart = Hout? :-* :-b

WaCougMBS wrote:As OU fans, what's your guys' take on this situation (the reinstatement that is)? I have picked the brains of a few Ducks homers I'm friends with and heard vastly different answers :-?

I think the year-long suspension was overdone, but served a good purpose and that was to put out the firestorm. Blount popped a trash-talker... BFD. Not worth a full season. I think an 8 game suspension is more than enough.

Nfl Fan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Metroid » Mon Nov 09, 2009 5:36 pm

WaCougMBS wrote:

Linkage

As OU fans, what's your guys' take on this situation (the reinstatement that is)? I have picked the brains of a few Ducks homers I'm friends with and heard vastly different answers :-?

OU is Oklahoma, Oregon is UO....come on man. :-b

Anyway I think he should be reinstated, I thought he should have been reinstated weeks ago. The punishment was too severe and was a knee jerk reaction. I don't like how Kelly looks now after basically going back on his word, but I think most will view it as the right thing to do and not that Kelly was waffling or whatever. I'd say more but I have to go to class....to be continued. :-B
Metroid

Postby WaCougMBS » Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:19 pm

Metroid wrote:OU is Oklahoma, Oregon is UO....come on man. :-b

LOL, that's my bad! I hate it when people do that, then I did it !+)
Av/sig by deluxe_247
WaCougMBS

Radio PimpEditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Sandrock » Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:08 am

At least Oregon has somebody that can pound the ball near the goal line now. Crenshaw and Barner are, well, terrible at that job.
Sandrock
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Metroid » Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:16 am

Sandrock wrote:At least Oregon has somebody that can pound the ball near the goal line now. Crenshaw and Barner are, well, terrible at that job.

Yeah totally. They just don't have the size for that, hell we'd be better off bringing Costa to hand the ball off to Masoli near the goal line. :-b

But really Masoli has been the goal line threat, it'll be nice to have an actual threat at RB too. I just hope the coaching staff doesn't muck up the chemistry we've got going to get Blount playing time. James is the starter, he's earned it. I want Blount to see some time on the field but not at the expense of mucking up what we have going now.

Oh and Cougs if you want to read more opinions about Blount the chatter regarding his possible reinstatement starts on this page. ;-D
Metroid

PreviousNext

Return to College Football