Official Oregon Ducks Thread - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to College Football

Official Oregon Ducks Thread

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: 2008 Oregon thread

Postby deerayfan072 » Tue Apr 15, 2008 8:39 am

Who do you guys think will win the QB battle? Who do you want to win it?
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Metroid » Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:28 am

deerayfan072 wrote:Who do you guys think will win the QB battle? Who do you want to win it?

Junior Justin Roper played well in the Sun bowl against South Florida going 17-of-30 for 180 yards and 4 TD's. I imagine he's the front runner, not sure he'll end up "the guy" though. He's got the height at 6'6" but he's a little light at 205. Dennis Dixon was pretty frail as well but Roper doesn't move like Dixon.

There's local boy Junior Cody Kempt who will probably challenge for the job, he was actually ahead of Roper on the depth chart and was the first to fill in when Dixon went down but didn't fair too well and got injured himself too.

Junior Nate Costa is supposed to be very talented but I haven't really seen much of him.

There's also senior Cade Cooper and Sophomore Darron Thomas who I really know nothing about.

I'm curious about incoming true freshman Chris Harper, he's the most like Dennis Dixon 6'2" 231 runs the forty in 4.45. Hes more of a running back playing quarter back though which could work well for us, I dunno.

So to answer your question, I have no clue who will win the QB job. :-b

And I'm not sure who I want to win it...whoever can give us the best shot. I loved watching Dixon last year, he made the games so much fun to watch, if Harper can play like him I suppose I'd like to see Harper win it just for the excitement factor. Harper is VERY unpolished though, really green as far as being a QB. I imagine Bellotti will run a QB committee to start the season and play whoever emerges. :-?
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby Nfl Fan » Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:26 pm

Metroid wrote:So to answer your question, I have no clue who will win the QB job.

And I'm not sure who I want to win it...whoever can give us the best shot. I loved watching Dixon last year, he made the games so much fun to watch,

Kinda have the same thoughts. I like Costa alot; Roper did a nice job late; and Thomas looks like our future but may be too green to start right away.

:-S
Yo, Met... thanks for the sig! GO DUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This NEVER gets old and neither does THIS!!
Nfl Fan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)

Postby Metroid » Tue Apr 15, 2008 1:12 pm

Nfl Fan wrote:
Metroid wrote:So to answer your question, I have no clue who will win the QB job.

And I'm not sure who I want to win it...whoever can give us the best shot. I loved watching Dixon last year, he made the games so much fun to watch,

Kinda have the same thoughts. I like Costa alot; Roper did a nice job late; and Thomas looks like our future but may be too green to start right away.

I know nothing of Thomas but from what I've read online he's a lot like Dixon as well. I'd be fine with a QB tandem if it was as efficient as what Florida ran a couple years back. Maybe a combo of Roper and Thomas/Harper or Costa and Thomas/Harper. It's nice being able to throw a change of pace guy in especially at the QB position...that is if it works. Oregon has had problems using 2 QB's where they never really have a clear cut starter and they try to give guys equal time. I'd like to see someone emerge as the starter with maybe a different style guy coming off the bench with fresh legs. :-?
Metroid

Postby deerayfan072 » Tue Apr 15, 2008 1:48 pm

Good read from you guys ;-D Always interested in other fans perspectives on there team.

Hey Met, did u read my new sig :-)
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Metroid » Tue Apr 15, 2008 5:05 pm

deerayfan072 wrote:Good read from you guys ;-D Always interested in other fans perspectives on there team.

The sig itself or the Moody quote? Tebow is for sure a duel threat. As for the Moody quote I'm not sure what he's talking about when he says "speed".....drugs maybe? :-b

Seriously though USC has always been known their "speed" not to say Florida isn't but I don't really understand where he's coming from. :-?
Metroid

Postby Nfl Fan » Tue Apr 15, 2008 8:42 pm

Metroid wrote:
Nfl Fan wrote:

I know nothing of Thomas but from what I've read online he's a lot like Dixon as well. I'd be fine with a QB tandem if it was as efficient as what Florida ran a couple years back. Maybe a combo of Roper and Thomas/Harper or Costa and Thomas/Harper. It's nice being able to throw a change of pace guy in especially at the QB position...that is if it works. Oregon has had problems using 2 QB's where they never really have a clear cut starter and they try to give guys equal time. I'd like to see someone emerge as the starter with maybe a different style guy coming off the bench with fresh legs. :-?

Me too, although our try at it a couple years ago wasn't too successful. Seems it takes a QB out of rhythm.
Yo, Met... thanks for the sig! GO DUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This NEVER gets old and neither does THIS!!
Nfl Fan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)

Postby deerayfan072 » Tue Apr 15, 2008 8:53 pm

Metroid wrote:
deerayfan072 wrote:Good read from you guys ;-D Always interested in other fans perspectives on there team.

The sig itself or the Moody quote? Tebow is for sure a duel threat. As for the Moody quote I'm not sure what he's talking about when he says B-) "speed".....drugs maybe? :-b

Seriously though USC has always been known their "speed" not to say Florida isn't but I don't really understand where he's coming from. :-?

The SEC is fast B-) , seriously though, no one on USC has speed like Rainey and Harvin
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Metroid » Wed Apr 16, 2008 9:49 am

deerayfan072 wrote:
Metroid wrote:

The sig itself or the Moody quote? Tebow is for sure a duel threat. As for the Moody quote I'm not sure what he's talking about when he says B-) "speed".....drugs maybe? :-b

The SEC is fast B-) , seriously though, no one on USC has speed like Rainey and Harvin

Maybe not playing for USC this year but Moody played for SC what what 2 years ago? :-b
Metroid

Postby stomperrob » Wed Apr 23, 2008 7:11 pm

Great article in SI this week on Dennis Dixon:

Dennis, Anyone?
With a twist of the knee, Dennis Dixon's Heisman Trophy and national title hopes vanished. Now, after five months of high-tech rehab, the Oregon QB is holding tight to his NFL dreams
Posted: Friday April 11, 2008 9:01AM; Updated: Friday April 11, 2008 2:14PM
By Lee Jenkins, SI.com

The training facility at the University of Oregon looks like the spa at a five-star boutique hotel, if all the guests were between 18 and 23 and the bulk of them weighed more than 300 pounds. The floors are finished oak, the walls smoked glass, the lighting soothingly dim. The 15,000-square-foot complex includes 25 stainless steel massage tables, a pharmacy lit with green neon and examination rooms for a dentist and an ophthalmologist. So many flat-screen televisions hang from the walls that SportsCenter is within constant sight, even during eye exams.

con't...

rest of article: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/w ... index.html
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 168)

PreviousNext

Return to College Football