Official Oregon Ducks Thread - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to College Football

Official Oregon Ducks Thread

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Official Oregon Ducks Thread

Postby Metroid » Fri Jun 11, 2010 11:20 pm

AquaMan2342 wrote:I'm shocked at the Masoli news.....you'd think he'd have learned his lesson. ;-7

Come on, is that the best "neener, neener, I told you so" remark you could come up with? :-b
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby AquaMan2342 » Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:44 am

Metroid wrote:
AquaMan2342 wrote:I'm shocked at the Masoli news.....you'd think he'd have learned his lesson. ;-7

Come on, is that the best "neener, neener, I told you so" remark you could come up with? :-b

Lol. Guys like that just never change when you keep giving them chances. Maybe James will be different because the charge......and the fact that he's been relatively clean before this incident.

What's the word with Oregon illegally contacting USC's recent recruit Dillon Baxter? I know they can contact juniors and seniors but I didn't think underclassmen fell into the same boat.
AquaMan2342
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Metroid » Sat Jun 12, 2010 12:04 pm

AquaMan2342 wrote:
Metroid wrote:

Lol. Guys like that just never change when you keep giving them chances. Maybe James will be different because the charge......and the fact that he's been relatively clean before this incident.

What's the word with Oregon illegally contacting USC's recent recruit Dillon Baxter? I know they can contact juniors and seniors but I didn't think underclassmen fell into the same boat.

Really no word, Baxter has accused 5 schools of contacting him, Alabama, Florida, Fresno State, Oregon, and Washington. No, underclassmen do not fall in the same bout, it would be a violation. I'm sure it happens all the time though, a LOT more than we hear about. I'm not condoning it but I'll be curious to see what evidence there is floating around out there.
Metroid

Postby Sandrock » Tue Jun 15, 2010 7:51 pm

I would like to make a joke of some sort but there's really nothing to say. From Heisman candidate to nothing in four months. It's sad to see.
Sandrock
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby AquaMan2342 » Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:15 am

Sandrock wrote:I would like to make a joke of some sort but there's really nothing to say. From Heisman candidate to nothing in four months. It's sad to see.

It is sad to see, but playing with fire will leave one burned. His past discretions should not have yielded him a scholarship at a school like Oregon, there's just no way around that.
AquaMan2342
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Metroid » Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:15 am

AquaMan2342 wrote:
Sandrock wrote:I would like to make a joke of some sort but there's really nothing to say. From Heisman candidate to nothing in four months. It's sad to see.

It is sad to see, but playing with fire will leave one burned. His past discretions should not have yielded him a scholarship at a school like Oregon, there's just no way around that.

Yeah no one deserves second chances, what the hell was Oregon thinking. When young athletes make mistakes they should be tossed aside with the trash, no good will ever come of them. ;-7

Obviously in the end Masoli proved Oregon wrong in that they couldn't straighten him up, but to say that a young persons indiscretions should bar them from having the opportunity for redemption and reform is completely narrow minded. There are many MANY young athletes who make mistakes and come from troubled backgrounds, are given the opportunity to better themselves at major Universities, and whose stories end well unlike Masoli's did. Should none of these kids have been given the benefit of the doubt that they can turn their lives around? :-?
Metroid

Postby AquaMan2342 » Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:39 am

It's not the fact that he made mistakes, it's the level of those mistakes. That's a very Michigan State-like stance you are taking. :-b
AquaMan2342
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Metroid » Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:22 pm

AquaMan2342 wrote:It's not the fact that he made mistakes, it's the level of those mistakes. That's a very Michigan State-like stance you are taking. :-b

Short of murder or rape, I can't think of any mistakes that a person can't redeem themselves from. Speaking of rape, did they ever release the Michigan football players name who was arrested for sexual assault in November?
Metroid

Postby scottaa1 » Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:30 pm

Sandrock wrote:I would like to make a joke of some sort but there's really nothing to say.

You could say 'at least they weeded him out before the season started.'

O:-)

Masoli comments on situation.
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)

Postby Nfl Fan » Wed Jun 16, 2010 5:09 pm

Metroid wrote:Obviously in the end Masoli proved Oregon wrong in that they couldn't straighten him up, but to say that a young persons indiscretions should bar them from having the opportunity for redemption and reform is completely narrow minded. There are many MANY young athletes who make mistakes and come from troubled backgrounds, are given the opportunity to better themselves at major Universities, and whose stories end well unlike Masoli's did.

Very well said, Sir Met. ;-D

And your restraint is seen and appreciated. ;-) Truly, it is sad to see.
Yo, Met... thanks for the sig! GO DUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This NEVER gets old and neither does THIS!!
Nfl Fan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)

PreviousNext

Return to College Football